• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Where does one find these “Baker” leathers? 😉

Probably a bit less formal than Sedgwick's traditional bridle, which is good leather in its own right - but VASTLY more grain and character in general.

For my $ J&FJ Baker makes the best veg-tanned leather in the world in its categories.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Equus Leather is it possible to get the Aspley buckle in a Baker's leather?

Cheers!

yes! It’s a little lighter for the Bakers leather vs the normal harness buckles, but if your comfortable with that we can certainly do it. If you order the regular Bakers belt and let me know the order no we can do the upgrade by email :)
Charlie

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking around, but cannot find a color comparison between Sedgwick Burgundy and Baker's Australian Nut.

My question is how much different are the 2 shades from one another.

Cheers!

bjhofkin

Reaction score
I have been looking around, but cannot find a color comparison between Sedgwick Burgundy and Baker's Australian Nut.

My question is how much different are the 2 shades from one another.

Cheers!

I will add another (unsolicited) comment:

Baker's dark stain (Charlie calls it "oak brown" to avoid confusion since it's not actually that dark) is absolutely magnificent as it darkens with age. It never gets to ebony – but it gets pretty dark with heavy use – and the depth of color and sheen are just unreal. Sort of like what museum calf wishes it could be.

fruitnuke

Reaction score
@Equus Leather The sample kits are all out of stock on your website. Have you stopped selling those? I’m interested in ordering some belts and, later in the year, a wallet, so I’m looking for those two sample kits specifically.

Hi,
Do you guys do a wallet that incorporates a coin pocket?
Not as a production item but we've made the billfold with them before, works well

Do you, or any of the SFers on here, have any photos or diagrams of what the billfold with a coin pocket looks like?

Thanks!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Equus Leather The sample kits are all out of stock on your website. Have you stopped selling those? I’m interested in ordering some belts and, later in the year, a wallet, so I’m looking for those two sample kits specifically.

Do you, or any of the SFers on here, have any photos or diagrams of what the billfold with a coin pocket looks like?

Thanks!

Hi! The thread samples are currently out of stock as we're waiting for the cards we use for them. We have the leather samples though, if you send me a dm with the leather yours interested in we can certainly send some out

Hope that helps!

Charlie

fruitnuke

Reaction score
Hi! The thread samples are currently out of stock as we're waiting for the cards we use for them. We have the leather samples though, if you send me a dm with the leather yours interested in we can certainly send some out

Hope that helps!

Charlie

Thanks Charlie! Just sent you a DM.

BlueMoonMonday

Reaction score
I've been on the site a few times and London Tan is never in stock, can you provide some insight as to why?

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi!

Sedgwicks are being very very intermittent about making it. We waited 9 months I think for the last batch. Im loath to sell what we can’t reliably deliver so at the moment it’s marked as out of stock. The situation does seem to be improving however so it won’t stay like that forever I hope

the Bakers London Tan is if anything nicer and is always in stock though so there is a good alternative
:)

Charlie

E022FBFE-0AE4-4E12-92E7-79B85225EC32.jpeg

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've had a similar experience. Ordered a briefcase over a year ago. Enquired after a couple of months regarding its progress and each time the excuses have mirrored those described above, albeit with COVID thrown in. I would steer clear of Rutherford's.

Yes by all do. Theres nothing we can make with Sedgwick London Tan we cant with Bakers London Tan. We do actually have a bit of the SLT to hand but I dont want to put it on the website and oversell it so its not actually impossible to have somthing in that if you wanted

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Gratuitous stationary shot because Im really enjoying the Lechturm special editions at the moment - lovely splash of colour inside a notebook cover! Might have to buy one for myself..

The notebook cover in question..

Charlie

Attachments

• DSC_8697.jpg
    DSC_8697.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_8696.jpg
    DSC_8696.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 104

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just came across this lovely Lange strap we made a while ago - cant go wrong with the Bakers oak bark tanned London Tan bridle leather and the Ecru stitching IMO. Wonderful leather - if I could only have one leather it would totally be this..

Watch Straps

_DSC5353_square1500px.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics