• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Pastor

Reaction score

Holy ****...awesome ideas.

I cannot wait for LAMA boot...gonna look dope, and I will rock these all Spring.

I hope this is OK to post here, but I'm not sure the Queens last works for me...I wore my Ruby Shell Captoes for a day and my feet were killing me, and got a blister on my left foot...will try another day to see if they break in a bit but I might have to pass these on...if anyone is interested, please PM me, they literally have ONE wear, and there's no creasing yet. I'd like to try and get as much of the cost back as possible, but I know I'll take a bit of a hit.

I ended up sizing up on these and the fit is pretty good. All my other Carmina shoes are 8.5UK and I got a 9UK in these.

JCPhoto

Reaction score

Or when you see two boots you ordered on the list and then find yourself thinking, "Boy I hope that third boot I bought isn't in this delivery." :)

This just might be the best problem one can have. Personally I'm crossing my fingers that my second pair is on the list.

thecool85

Reaction score
This just might be the best problem one can have. Personally I'm crossing my fingers that my second pair is on the list.

As someone who's had to make a revision or two to the budget on account of the two MTOs I have coming in this month, I think Frank may have been referring to the monetary impact of having three boots to purchase in a month.
smile.gif

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As someone who's had to make a revision or two to the budget on account of the two MTOs I have coming in this month, I think Frank may have been referring to the monetary impact of having three boots to purchase in a month. :)

Exactly. And add to that, what am I going to do with three new pairs of boots at once? We'll set aside the question of WHY I ordered three pairs of boots as moot.
1f604.png

diglett

Reaction score
Exactly. And add to that, what am I going to do with three new pairs of boots at once? We'll set aside the question of WHY I ordered three pairs of boots as moot.
1f604.png
I took delivery on my ruby bal boots, cognac jumper boots, and ruby captoes (from the original run; they'd been sitting at the cobbler waiting for toe taps since January) within a week. Overwhelming, but very exciting.

With that being said, I am frighteningly unprepared for delivery of the Lama boot, as far as money goes. The MTOs are so enticing with their seemingly cheap deposits, and then it comes time to pay the piper...

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I took delivery on my ruby bal boots, cognac jumper boots, and ruby captoes (from the original run; they'd been sitting at the cobbler waiting for toe taps since January) within a week. Overwhelming, but very exciting.

With that being said, I am frighteningly unprepared for delivery of the Lama boot, as far as money goes. The MTOs are so enticing with their seemingly cheap deposits, and then it comes time to pay the piper...

Agreed 100% but this is my last of my MTO till September so I have time to save up a lot of cheddar. 3 MTO's from Bontoni and 1 from EG.

No shooooz in between those. Hopefully

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm taking delivery of the Greeley and Terracotta Lama boots. That's $800 right there. I can't possibly need the calf/suede boot as well? Please say no.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm taking delivery of the Greeley and Terracotta Lama boots. That's $800 right there. I can't possibly need the calf/suede boot as well? Please say no.

I usually am the worst enabler but I am not a fan of those. There's just something I can't put my finger on.

diglett

Reaction score
Agreed 100% but this is my last of my MTO till September so I have time to save up a lot of cheddar. 3 MTO's from Bontoni and 1 from EG.

No shooooz in between those. Hopefully
I'm actually bracing myself for even more orders in the next few months, seeing as we're now looking at an Autumn delivery, which means primetime boot season. I already have bragging rights (
mwink[1].gif
) to the best boot collection on campus, by far, but heaven knows we can always do with more boots. No chance of snagging a pair of EGs, though; still a bit too far out of my price range.
I got the calf/suede boot when it was first offered, and I've never regretted it. I wear it casually (with chinos) all the time, so it served as the perfect introduction to bal boots. And the leather looks even better once you pair it with some wax for a nice shine, while the suede upper ensures a really comfortable wear. If you can afford them, buy them.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the calf/suede boot when it was first offered, and I've never regretted it. I wear it casually (with chinos) all the time, so it served as the perfect introduction to bal boots. And the leather looks even better once you pair it with some wax for a nice shine, while the suede upper ensures a really comfortable wear. If you can afford them, buy them.

I've got a pair of black suede/calf balmorals from Carmina and I found the same thing - perfect introduction to bal boots. The suede upper does make it really comfortable around the leg.

New and after 'The Shining' ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads