1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Loden alt wein: I would strongly prefer double leather sole.

I am all in for chocolate lizard double monk with brass hardware on inca last.

I am all in for navy shell ptb on rain last.

Would love to get the ruby jumper -- that jumper in saddle is outstanding looking. We will have to see if I can swing that one too.

Great line-up of make-ups!

2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I had been thinking dark brown calf. Mike suggested cognac shell. I'm not sure what the example leather is.

Skoaktiebolaget just received a brogued (but no medalion) u-tip in medium brown.

[​IMG]

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

What color edge trim are you thinking on the navy PTB? I would love to see it similar to the jumper

4. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Have any orders been done with the Carmina commando sole? Was thinking about a slightly beefier winter boot in burgundy or maybe loden shell. Not sure about the last - probably forest. Maybe something like the Steinbeck model in loden with commando.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  5. xinu98

xinu98 Well-Known Member

There's been discussion in the past about doing an austerity version of the Carmina 922 (Rain last) in burgundy shell. Any interest in getting this going?

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

That sounds amazing

7. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Thanks. I think if you imagine the Alden for Epaulet Taunton Captoe boot in loden or burgundy shell, that's pretty close to what I envisioned. The captoe or the wingtip (Steinbeck) design -- I could go either way on that.

I picked up my first pair of Carminas from Epaulet a month or so back (but won't be wearing them until fall starts) and was really blown away. Been lurking here since and kicking myself for all of the amazing MTOs I've missed, not my budget lets me do loads and loads of those. It does seem that the focus is on a lot of sleek and elegant designs --- this is, after all, what Carmina does so well --- and I appreciate that. But I would be in on a tougher casual boot and while I haven't been able to read every past thread, I saw mention of the commando sole but no indication that it had been done before.

8. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

1.)Loden suede chukka on york or crepe sole

2.)Loden suede and Burgundy cordovan jumper boot combo. Burgundy on the front and back with loaden suede top, I

These will be nice.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

doesnt crepe sole wear out really really quickly?

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

We are trying to do a brown calf / loden boot at GF but I think people would be open to burgundy shell potentially. I just want loden suede on the boot

No

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I don't know about anybody else who's in on the WWII boot MTO but I'm getting excited and impatient for them to arrive. My first Carminas and curious to see if it's a brand I can look to instead of enduring some of the frustration with Alden.

Mike, are we still on track for a late September delivery?

12. njaflo

njaflo Member

Sorry, i can't found picture of all type lasts Carmina on one picture, it exists?

13. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

So, the brass hardware on my LWB's are mysteriously absent.

Did anyone else who received the Loden longwings not have the brass eyelets on their particular pair? Seems like an odd thing to screw up when all the other pieces in the run seemed to include them.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Any more traction on a ruby/burgundy jumper boot.

15. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Burgundy jumper +1 only if it comes with closed welt and york sole. An added bonus would be brass eyelets and hooks. I have a pair of ruby and its really bold in direct sunlight.

16. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I want this but in dark cognac. Is there any reason some prefer the York to full Dainite? To my eye, the profile and thickness are the same? Wouldn't full Dainite be more practical or does that leather provide any traction (if it touches ground at all)? Sorry if its a dumb q.

17. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

dark cognac you say? :nodding: I might be in as well.

18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I don't think I've seen dark cognac before.

I don't know how much I like a closed welt on this type of boot, but if that's what the majority wants......

19. applky

applky Senior member

^ Yeah, sorry, just to back up -- what is dark cognac? Is it just cognac shell with antiquing, or a totally separate shade? I haven't heard of it either. Sounds intriguing though.

The flat welt is just really versatile. Carmina's lasts, in the grand scheme of shoes, are fairly sleek, and especially with shell I think the flat welt is the way to go.

+1 for York sole.

20. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I'm pretty much indifferent to the welt but York/Dainite is a must. I don't think dark cognac is a new color - see quote from Mike at post 3631 above. I think it's the color in the cognac shortwing on the Epaulet site. If I'm wrong, I can certainly live with a darker brown. Anyway, I am definitely in for this.

Edit: I think the "dark" cognac is just to differentiate from some lighter shades that Carmina has also called cognac. I think you can see different shades both labeled cognac on their e shop.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013