1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

"Dark Cognac" is how we've been specifying a dark brown shade of Shell Cordovan. Essentially this color:

[​IMG]

Carmina tends to be liberal with the names "cognac" and "cuero," so when guys specifically call for a dark brown shell - not a medium brown - we'll ask for "dark cognac." It's very similar in tone to cigar.

Yup, as far as I heard before they closed for August holidays. I'll have more info in a week, but I know that the Hatch Grain leather arrived in early July, so we should be good. They actually delivered that last batch of Loden Shell styles ahead of schedule. I've got a pair on order too, so I'm personally really jazzed to see them.

1 person likes this.
  2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Loden Alt Wien & Dark Brown Lizard Double Monk

Hey guys,

I built out two of the MTO styles that seemed to have a good consensus. Here's the links:

[​IMG]
    Loden Shell Cordovan Alt Wien: Preorder closes Sept 1st
    This will be Forest last, double leather sole, flat welt. You can order wide fittings here.
    The last batch of Loden shell shoes absolutely blew us away, so the Alt Wien is going to be indisputably boss in this leather!

[​IMG]
    Chocolate Lizard Double Monk: Preorders closes Sept 1st
    This will be Inca last, double leather sole, flat welt.
    I'm really looking forward to this. Lizard is a great way to get into exotic footwear. It's beautiful and durable, and it's pretty subtle. With the brass hardware, these are going to be seriously handsome.

And here's the link for the Navy Shell jumper closing on Monday. We hit the minimum on these already, so they'll definitely be produced...

[​IMG]
    Navy Shell Cordovan Jumper Boot: Preorder Closes August 26th

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  3. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Nevermind

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

You mentioned a hatch grain PTB on order, when will that be for and what would the price on it be? Considering picking up a smaller size.

5. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

mixed media boot idea:

Saw this edward green boot and nearly lost it....so good looking.

I think we could make up something amazing along these lines for fall. Cognac shell vamp with darker brown scotch grain upper?

navy shell bottoms with black pebble upper?

anyone have any other combos to offer?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Burgundy bottom and green suede top

7. razl

razl Senior member

That's a great combo, but - I'm telling you - getting colors that look that good together takes quite a refined eye. It looks easy until you start mixing and matching yourself. It's way too easy, if not likely, for something to end up looking garish instead of sublime - like they were made for each other - as this fine example shows.

8. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Any possibilities of other leather MTO's...ostrich?

9. cgul629

cgul629 Member

I like the mixed media idea, what about a smooth + pebble combo using the same color for both?

10. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Gentlemans footwear is completing that MTO. PM Steve if you want to get in on it.

11. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

+1

Saw that for LS. Beautiful, but I don't even know where to begin pulling that off without a new (and very expensive) wardrobe.

12. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Gorgeous, they nailed it. But im looking for a jumper boot version of Gentlemen footwear vision. Gentleman footwear is offering great GMTO. im so temted on their navy split toe boot but im not sure of the soller last.

13. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

You know you want the split toe...only need one more...

1 person likes this.
  14. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

I took a jump on this MTO after being reassured that the Soller last had a very similar fit to the Forest in a wide. Do it.

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

16. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Seems like dark cognac and an espresso scotchgrain or Russian calf would be similar and pretty nice. Maybe Carmina could do some interesting finishing on the lower part. I think double leather sole and maybe a last other than Forest, like Oscar or Alcudia, with a flat welt and black edge trim.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  17. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I really like Carmina and more and more of my closet space is being devoted to Carmina footwear. With that said I don't think Carmina will ever be able to match that Edward Green boot. The Galaway is iconic in it's own right and I don't think trying to copy it would turn out anything close.

If I had he funds i'd get the Edward Green version.

1 person likes this.
  18. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

I'm actually looking for that exact makeup given how long Alden is taking with rare colors. I don't know about the last -- I am fine with a Barrie, Hampton, Plaza in a D. How would Soller fit?

19. stevent

stevent Senior member

20. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I want that boot but has to have Dainite. Prefer 5 eyelet to 3 but could reconsider. Pretty flexible on last. I'm also very interested in a cognac LWB with York sole. All this inability of Alden to produce these in cigar/ravello/etc... And Carmina can do it, and make it on a sleeker last too. How long will that last? Would love it if one or both of these could happen soon.