1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike,

How about the cognac shell chukka you and I were discussing?

2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Welcome to Cali!

I'm still down for doing an austerity version in dark brown natur marron. Burgundy shell would be be interesting but not quite as much. With Cognac, I just worry about what shade will actually be delivered. If we could definitely get dark cognac, I might be interested in lieu of the dark brown calf.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  3. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

I like the idea of loden shell medallion captoe.

I might be interested in the brown lizard double monk, but would like to see it.

Finally, I do not mean to beat a dead horse, but I would be up for another PTB in either navy, ruby (like last make-up), burgundy r black shell if another PTB MTO makes sense for the fall.

4. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

In for a more formal Loden style...

5. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Loden shell penny loafer? To me that green is a casual, summer colour. Green LHS with white (or light grey) pants sounds pretty awesome.

...also, somewhat interested in the lizard monk depending on the shade of brown; I'd prefer something in the chocolate range myself.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  6. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Senior member

I would be in on a Loden Shell austerity brogue big time.

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sure, we can definitely do that! Would you mind posting the details here again? We can put it up in the next day or two.

Thank you sir, it feels great here!

With Cognac, we can certainly specify a dark brown, especially given that we're probably only making 6-8 of them. Should be no problem. I think that this shoe would be radiant in it.

Here's some images for the lizard monk...

[​IMG]
    This is the shape, we can do it on the Inca or the Rain last. It's pictured in black lizard.

[​IMG]
    And here's the exact brown lizard skin. It's pretty ideal IMO. A nice dark chocolate brown that won't read as "exotic" from a few paces away. WIth brass buckles, this would be really gorgeous.

Sure thing, we haven't done a navy shell PTB yet. We can certainly build that out. Would be awesome on the Rain last.

OK, I'll definitely put that up this week - I think that shoe will be brilliant in Loden.

8. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

What last was St Maier's original MTO made on? I really like the look of it that shape with the storm welt - I'm not convinced that the Robert last/flat welt would be an improvement for my purposes, I am not all that refined.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Mike - any chance Carmina can make something like this? Just like the pic below only adding a punched cap, and using dark cognac shell. Or would I am I better off seeing what Vass can do with this style? I know they've made shoes similar to this as well.

10. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

It was made on the Oscar last...supposed to be on the Forest but they goofed...someone posted the Oscar versus Forest in the Carmina thread...very similar...the Forest toe is a tad bit sleeker...love my boots though...

Scott

11. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

Mike, two things:

1) Can you tell me where this photo came from? Is this a standard model for Carmina or was it a MTO? I love the idea of a brown lizard captoe. If they have them in their stores, I may have to pursue them further. If not, I'm gonna pester you guys for one of these or something similar until it comes to fruition.

2) I would absolutely be in for the loden austerity brogue if I hadn't just picked up the loden longwings. These things are absolutely incredible.

12. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

You could always use more Loden. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  13. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

I both love and hate this post...a lot.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I like the brown lizard shoe as pictured. Captoe balmoral in brown lizard.

15. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

i would be up for;

(1) navy shell ptb on rain last -- to have the option of a wide fitting

(2) brown lizard double monk with brass buckles on rain last -- again to have option of wide fitting.

(3) loden shell -- I would prefer the alt wein, but may be interested in austerity brogue -- which, so far, has gotten more interest. I just think that the loden looks better with more, instead of less, broguing. That is why I bet the longwing looks fantastic and why I would prefer alt wein instead of austerity design.

Looking forward to these great make-ups!

16. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Senior member

+1
    or just plaintoe, or anything with laces over buckles tbh

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike and I were chatting offline about a 3 eyelet Soller Chukka in Cognac Shell with a Dainite Sole. I have also heard really good things about the new Detroit Last.

Anyone interested in this makeup?

18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Would anyone be interested in this boot below but in burgundy or ruby shell.

Thing Id like to see - storm welt. I think the flat welt makes the boot almost too dressy.

I can envision:
    Shape: Jumper
    Material: Burgundy Shell
    Last: Robert or Forest
    Sole: Double Leather
    Eyes: Blind with Hooks
    Trim: Medium Brown

[​IMG]

19. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Why do you guys like the speed hooks? I understand the ease, but it tears the hell out of my pants.

20. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Re #3 -- Agree that an alt wein would be awesome in loden. The austerity brogue is interesting but, IMO, not so versatile. I also like the idea of a penny loafer in loden (somebody suggested this) or a tassel loafer.

Potentially very interested if it is the Soller last. Would you consider the 5 eyelet version or is the 3 a must? Not crazy about the Detroit last. I am specifically in the market for a dark cognac shell boot and/or blucher with a dainite sole.