• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OG V2 canvas Doyle going strong.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rad, thanks dude! Super proud of this piece. It’s our Sashiko Parka, and it’s a really special design with seamless body drape (no shoulder or chest seams) and this big integrated hood. Planned retail is $345 and it works great as a unisex piece too.

View attachment 1225159 View attachment 1225160

This is the final fit sample... it still needs buttons. The drawstring is removable if you don’t like it. It’s a bit too tight on Jay as the sample is a 38 and he typically wears a 40.

How do you guys like the color? I don’t usually work in this charcoal/vintage black tone, but I think it’s pretty dope.

Throw a hole on the inside of the jacket as well so the drawstring can be internal or external as an option. Overall looks quite comfy, anything in shasiko looks comfy to me now haha

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OG V2 canvas Doyle going strong.

View attachment 1226008

@Burzan absolutely epic fading on that! Thanks for posting.

Throw a hole on the inside of the jacket as well so the drawstring can be internal or external as an option. Overall looks quite comfy, anything in shasiko looks comfy to me now haha
Agreed with the internal drawstring hole idea, if possible

@Burzan @goalaso thanks so much for the feedback, that's definitely a solid concept. We actually start cutting this piece on Tuesday, so the production is going to exactly match the sample pics (except WITH buttons, as the sample doesn't have them). The current drawstring isn't too thick so it's not in the way if you don't use it, but it definitely gives a nice fitted shape if you tie it up.

The biggest challenge of this piece is actually making enough of it. I'll have to do a video when the jacket goes live, but the body construction is really remarkable.. it's these huge uninterrupted curved seams which give it such a fantastic drape. That's the good part. Bad part is that it's difficult to sew and there's only one operator up to the task.. so it looks like I can only get abnout 60 pieces max for a September delivery, which is the crucial time for this. Might be as low as 50, but I'll know more next week. We're getting down to business ASAP, so I'm going to keep the pattern exactly how it is. Thanks so much for all of your enthusiasm guys.. we're so excited to launch this in the Fall!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SALE SECTION UPDATE

Happy Sunday guys! With Summer closing, I marked down the remnants of last season's goods.. this way you still have some warm weather to rock them. You can check out the entire sale section here.

Couple things to note:

1) Linen Doyles were one of our most successful projects to date and the feedback was tremendous on them. We have about 8 pieces left in total.. these were all return/exchange items. Great chance to grab one for a killer price.

2) Mint Julep, Planters Punch. and Sky Blue Seersucker shirts all came from legacy Hertling fabric. It's from India and at least 12 years old. I haven't seen anything at that level of quality and thickness since. These can never be remade because who the hell even knows where the cloth came from. If you want to grab one, you won't regret it.

3) The Ikat pieces are really amazing in person, and they're actually quite wearable when you pair them with basic pieces (remind me to get a time machine and shoot them that way rather than as a bonkers 3-piece getup). This is a one-and-done project for us, so great chance to get something unique if you like our shapes.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Southwick and Hertling trousers made to the same measurements? Assuming the same trouser model (Walt) of course.

Blastwice

Reaction score
Yup we’ll definitely do 36 on this! I think we’re gonna run this exact shade — it’s actually just the usual amount of pumice wash distressing. It looks awesome in person, I have some natural light pics too.

Definitely a 36 for you, so it’s all good. These have the Doyle sleeve cuff for anyone who needs to shorten the sleeves — it would be really easy to do.

If one color is this dark Gunmetal, what would you guys like to see for the second?

I think another option for either fall or winter in this pattern could be some huge wale corduroy (like an fiery red and/or a deep dark blue could be nice).

If you size up (I'm 40 doyle --> 42) should be longer arms and still decent in the chest or will it look like 50lbs more jacket?

goalaso

Reaction score
Ditto on this. Thinking along similar lines yesterday; I still like a bright chestnut/ochre color in wide wale

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This looks great. In theory is there some sort of waxing you could do (or we could do at home) to the fabric to make it water resistant? This thing has great PNW vibes but we need it to be downpour-graded.

Huh, honestly I’m not sure... but if you can wax canvas than I can’t see why you couldn’t wax Sashiko. I don’t have any experience with it though.

Are Southwick and Hertling trousers made to the same measurements? Assuming the same trouser model (Walt) of course.

Yes sir!

I think another option for either fall or winter in this pattern could be some huge wale corduroy (like an fiery red and/or a deep dark blue could be nice).

If you size up (I'm 40 doyle --> 42) should be longer arms and still decent in the chest or will it look like 50lbs more jacket?

Love the idea of a huge corduroy piece, but Sashiko is the only plan for now... I’m honestly not sure if we’ll have the factory capacity for a second run in Oct-Nov.

And go for a 40 I’d say, the basic pattern is made to be a bit oversized so you can layer underneath.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great color; will there be 38s available at some point?

Yes, but only through our dude Jacob at American Trench @jah786

He'll have the same pricing, so you can hit him up directly. I think his stock arrives tomorrow or Thursday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads