• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TripleV

Reaction score
Makes perfect sense. Not everyone is as content as I with having just a bunch if OCBDs, Chambrays, and navy and olive rivets. Looking forward to all the new options you have coming

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The funny thing about UM closing is that I always just assumed that someone must be shopping there. The wild styles, the high prices, etc. must have been attracting someone, I thought. Apparently not.

Some of what they had was great, but I am definitely among the people who were turned off by the website and its navigation. I could never remember what I liked from their offering and certainly wasn't about to go looking for it when I had cash to spend or when sale season rolled around.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The funny thing about UM closing is that I always just assumed that someone must be shopping there. The wild styles, the high prices, etc. must have been attracting someone, I thought. Apparently not.

Some of what they had was great, but I am definitely among the people who were turned off by the website and its navigation. I could never remember what I liked from their offering and certainly wasn't about to go looking for it when I had cash to spend or when sale season rolled around.
I dunno - you can be on-trend but have terrible business practices and find yourself in the ditch pretty easily.

When I was there last year and talked to them a bit, there seemed to be a pretty big disconnect between their site and their physical store, which seemed strange.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
For sure, it was cool to try that. Ultimately it seemed like guys wanted more selection, so I'm really excited to bring out all of the new options

Speaking of options, will sizing be increased at the top end? The current XXL is just a bit small for me.

DapperDan08

Reaction score
Just copped the pacific doyle as it’s criminal that lasted two days. Can’t wait to pair w gunshell EZs and more.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I dunno - you can be on-trend but have terrible business practices and find yourself in the ditch pretty easily.

When I was there last year and talked to them a bit, there seemed to be a pretty big disconnect between their site and their physical store, which seemed strange.

@M635Guy @FLW

Agreed on all your points guys. I think that inventory killed Unionmade more than anything. Their buyers were so aggressive with scope and quantity, and may or may not have had formal retail training. Buying too much kills your cash flow and creates a non-stop markdown culture where customers - particularly online ones - refuse to shop with you at full price. Pair that with reliance on Japanese brands (payment up front, poor competition against Rakueten), physical store difficulties, and loss of the young Alden & denimhead customer to athleisure & sneakers.. and it's probably the perfect storm.

Speaking of options, will sizing be increased at the top end? The current XXL is just a bit small for me.

@NorthCoast absolutely... we can really make any size. Our XS-XXL is just a guideline, but the shirts are entirely MTM. I can work with you to build a personal fit profile based on how one of our shirts fit you.. or based on a garment that already works really well.

Just copped the pacific doyle as it’s criminal that lasted two days. Can’t wait to pair w gunshell EZs and more.

Thanks dude, you're going to LOVE it. One of the best colors that we've ever run.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and we got a fresh delivery of Aero made-to-order leather jackets! Check out these gorgeous pieces...

Lyle Schofield Aero2.jpg
Lyle Schofield Aero.jpg
Alex Austin Aero2.jpg
Alex Austin Aero.jpg
BenTomb-Aero2.jpg
BenTomb-Aero.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and we got a fresh delivery of Aero made-to-order leather jackets! Check out these gorgeous pieces...

View attachment 1228121 View attachment 1228122 View attachment 1228123 View attachment 1228124 View attachment 1228125 View attachment 1228126
One day I'm going to have to put some money aside for one of these.

So. Awesome.

My current lambskin one has been really good for a long time, but has a couple issues that are evolving. Might have to go in on the next batch...

nycs10011

Reaction score
Excellent! Two questions. One, I wanted to grab a shirt in the Sienna Big Check, should I wait? Two, is it possible for us to send in fabrics to have made up?

Thanks!

Ah yeah... those won't be restocked at all. We're going to relaunch our MTO section with about 20 oxford fabrics, so if you like the fit of that shirt, then you can order them fully MTM with your choice of collar, cuff, button, etc. There's like 140 fabrics going online, so the selection is freaking huge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads