• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

herzzreh

Reaction score
You guys ship UPS now? That takes twice as long to get to me vs USPS. My stuff won't make it to me before I leave for UK for a few weeks... :(

Any plans for more Capri collar shirts?

rbarthel

Reaction score
Received the Indigo pique order (thanks Mike!) and whoa is the fabric a stunner. 2 wears into the doyle and I can already see the start of patina. Total winner imo

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What are the "PT" style collars for the individualized shirting? I did not see a pic of them on the website

It's pictured here below... it's a perfect compact point collar IMO. They developed it years ago for a special run with Comme Des Garcons. You can do it as a buttondown too (as pictured).

IS_Collars_New_Montage_copy_25ddfa46-f127-45c9-b45a-2f9fdf371336_2048x.jpg

How are the camp collar madras shirts coming along? I think it's been about 6 weeks.

@kumizi we're getting shipments from them every week, so that second round of camps should be coming through soon!

Mike - sorry to bother you on these but we would love a status update on this order (e-mail sent as well). Looking forward to the final Hertling orders as well

@Alcibiades we'll check on that, but did you really not receive a Solaro cord? Those were delivered forever ago, so we might have to dig up an alternative. The Final Greenpoint pieces are coming in and shipping out now.. we sent about 60 of them yesterday, and will look to do around the same end of next week.

Doyle MTO! Can we get crazy-stitch monograms like yours on that azure~y donegal?

@sartoria vacua yup, that's exactly how it comes out if you choose the monogram option! Totally done by hand!

It’s been an unseasonably cool, wet spring here in Detroit but the weather was FINALLY appropriate to break out the Thom Browne oxford cloth double breasted jacket. This fabric is awesome and a nice alternative to the seersucker and chambray jackets I normally grab this time of year. I’ve got the matching trousers and I’ve worn them a few times already but I don’t know that I’d ever wear them together as a suit.

View attachment 1194395 View attachment 1194396

One nice thing about a cotton jacket is how they “break in” and develop a sort of patina and fade over time and I expect this will age very nicely.

@Michigan Planner OMG that looks totally fantastic... thanks so much for getting it! Great photos too.

Received the correct Doyle today. The Sashiko is incredible, tempted to get the pants now. Thanks for the quick response @Epaulet

@omgitswes thanks for bearing with us, and glad that you're pleased with it!

You guys ship UPS now? That takes twice as long to get to me vs USPS. My stuff won't make it to me before I leave for UK for a few weeks... :(

Any plans for more Capri collar shirts?

@herzzreh yeah, I'm honestly trying to figure out something with shipping. If you were on the thread last week, then you would have seen a bunch of guys posting complaints that their USPS boxes were routed back to us. Happened with nearly 30 Priority Mail shipments, and there was no reason for it. So I started sending heavier stuff with UPS.. they're slower but more reliable. Priority Mail is great when it works, but a disaster when it doesn't, and our local PO has become kind of scattered due to new management.

That said, I'm moving our office at the end of July and I've been using the PO with that address without incident, so I'm feeling that we can get back to mostly USPS after the move. Still, unless you're Amazon or Walmart, it's always a battle to keep shipping free but also make it fast and reliable. The post office just DGAF at the end of the day.

Received the Indigo pique order (thanks Mike!) and whoa is the fabric a stunner. 2 wears into the doyle and I can already see the start of patina. Total winner imo

@rbarthel fantastic... so glad that you're pleased with it!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where you guys moving the office @Epaulet?

It's going to be in North Redondo beach... really close to the 405. We'll have more space and a more comfortable setup. Will be a lot closer to LAX, where most of our in-store customers are coming from. We'll definitely do an open house!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
It's going to be in North Redondo beach... really close to the 405. We'll have more space and a more comfortable setup. Will be a lot closer to LAX, where most of our in-store customers are coming from. We'll definitely do an open house!

Nice! Good luck with the move. Will be easier to access being closer to the 405.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - thanks for the response, Adele got back to me on e-mail so will move the discussion there. Didn’t get them so they may have been lost in the shuffle (no biggie if that is the case)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice! Good luck with the move. Will be easier to access being closer to the 405.

@L.I.T. thanks so much! Will forward pics of the new space once we're there.

Mike - thanks for the response, Adele got back to me on e-mail so will move the discussion there. Didn’t get them so they may have been lost in the shuffle (no biggie if that is the case)

@Alcibiades sure thing, we'll get all of that sorted for you.

Sale prices just too good to pass on. Good stuff coming my way.

@suuteebird thank you so much! You got some great stuff.

Had to grab what I think is the last Akita from the sale section.

@nycs10011 thanks a ton, you're going to love that

Speckled rivets. Love these ones .

View attachment 1195786

@tricky so good! Really ace match with everything else too

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grabbed the brass monkey chainstitch and a spare pair of Sandows - needed both like a whole in the head but prices were crazy

Also, I’m personally a fan of the old dual pocket chainstitch so, even though I generally avoid horizontal stripes, the brass monkey was a last opportunity

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads