• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy you're ok man - maybe this is the perfect excuse to kop an Aero?

If I decide to keep riding, I think a horsehide Aero is in my future. :D We'll see, though. Right now my hips are so tight/sore that I doubt I'll be able to get on a bike for a few weeks. It gives the insurance time to work things out, so no rush.

tlsmith

Reaction score
Anyone know whether the pre-ordered pumice sashikos have been shipped? I noticed them on the site about 10 days ago, but haven’t seen a shipping notice.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my shipping info today too (#TeamPine) though technically I think it’s still pre-shipped and hasn’t been picked up yet. I leave for vacation Friday morning so hopefully it gets here before then... fingers crossed

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@CanadaCal so good! Still my most complimented shirt that I've ever owned. Digging it with the GAT's too.

I'll admit that buying items made in the USA and Canada are no longer a priority for me. I remember dropping $1k on two sportcoats, or $400 on two trousers (and still had to spend on tailoring), and while it was a lot of money, to me at least, it wasn't an absurd amount, because I could afford it at the time.

As life has progressed, mortgage, car, starting a family, CAD that dropped 33% since those days, MIUSA and Made in Canada has become a much lower priority for me, versus buying a solid quality product at a good price. I actually buy a lot more from a company here in Toronto that manufactures in India.

I buy an occasional item that I like from Epaulet if it makes its way to sale. Other than that I keep up with the thread because it's one of the first more expensive purchases I made when I started on SF about five or six years ago, and visiting the store in NY was like a pilgrimage for me when it was around.

All this to say I'm probably no longer your target audience for the most part, because Made in USA, Canada and Europe are important values for you and much of your audience, but it's now out of my price range.

In other words, "it's me, not you."

@Epaulet I used to seek out MiUSA, but with some of the current connotations of beating the ‘Murrica drum these days, I’m not sure blasting out “Made in the USA”, especially in California, is the best move.

I think what is more important is seeking out companies with good product and good practices. I think ultimately we have to assess each individual business and how they conduct themselves and treat others, no matter where they’re located.

Popping back in briefly, as after having some major changes occur, participating here on SF and buying new clothes has fallen way down the list of current priorities, but I saw the latest unfinished horsehide and figured this was what I’d been waiting for...

This sentiment has already been echoed a few times, but I think so long as the emphasis seems to be put on the factories rather than the fact that the factories are in the USA, the chance of upsetting people is pretty minimal. For me personally (and I say this as someone w/ a Mexican wife who was "smuggled" into the country at 2 and granted citizenship via the dreamer act), I start to get nervous when I start seeing American flags all over the place and/or when the subtext of a statement isn't so much that something is made in America or even "proud to be made in American," but more along the lines of "Made in America, which automatically makes it better than something made by a fuckin' Chinese person!" (a la Glen Beck's jeans). I think if you don't plaster American flags all over the place and present it as "Made at Hertling, Brooklyn NY" rather than "made in Hertling IN AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!," you'll be okay.

@Epaulet MIUSA is worth advertising since it drives your pricing, is important to many, etc. That said, I admittedly care less about it these days than in the past. It's just cost prohibitive to me - I want to support American companies, workers, etc, but spending 3-4x the cost on something isn't always possible. I'll splurge here and there, but it's the exception now, not the norm.

@Duke Silver @Klemins @cyclohexane @althanis thanks so much for all of the feedback guys! You'll see with the LA collection that we're working towards offering products at lower price points, and keeping things affordable.. whilst maintaining our local production and quality standards. You'll definitely see a lot more on offer in that direction in the coming year. I think that the recent Sashiko doyle's have been a good step in that direction: they weren't cheap, but I think that they're very fairly priced for what they are, and still within the realm for most of our customers and fans.

To chime in on the question, yes, I try to buy things produced out of better materials, which are higher quality and will therefore last longer and work/look better, by people who are treated better and generally like what they do, so there is a significant degree of correspondence between that and having things produced in USA or Europe.

I like that Epaulet does all your product this way. It makes it easier than, say, shopping at RL and picking out only made in Italy items... Just please never become quite as rah-rah as that flint and tinder guy was several years ago...

Couple questions about summer clothes: what do you think about picking up a pair of Cramerton Sandows and having my tailor cut them into shorts, since EP isn't doing stock walt shorts now? Would the shape likely work? Has anyone already done this and can comment or post pics? Or has anyone done it with Walts?

Also, I've hesitated on the white tennis trainers because I know nothing about keeping sneakers clean, even though I can polish dress shoes. Any tips on how to keep them nice and white, Mike or anyone? Anyone have pics of fairly well worn ones which can prove that they can be kept in good shape over time without being super neurotic?

@plato LOL yeah, the Flint & Tinder guy went totally nuts on that. A lot of brands did during the Made In USA heritage hype train of the past few years. All of that hyperbole was why I never communicated it too aggressively.

For your questions:

1) Cutting Sandows into shorts should work pretty well, the larger thigh diameter would lend itself nicely to that.

2) Better to do it with Sandows than Walts or Rivets

3) The white trainers hold up surprisingly well to wear, and I've had plenty of customers come through with fairly old pairs that still look great. I don't have any photos available though.

That said, you've just got to accept that they're going to get stained.. it's the nature of the beast. You can use a leather spray like Tarrago Nano Protector, but you're still going to pick up scuffs and marks. You'll only want to clean them with a moist cloth (I like baby wipes the best), as anything abrasive is going to scrape the white right off. But I find that they age gracefully with wear, and our Mastrotto calfskin stands up far better than the cheap corrected leather used in items like the Stan Smith.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My Amazing @Epaulet by Golden Bear Jacket, final form...

View attachment 995472 View attachment 995472 View attachment 995473 View attachment 995474 View attachment 995475

Boots held up, too:
View attachment 995476

The concrete on the 405 ******* sucks.

(Still ended up with a lot of road rash on my arm and leg, but judging by the gouges in my gear, it could've been much worse. That jacket saved ******.

@CharlieAngel really glad to hear that you're okay... that's totally frightening! I'm so grateful that the jacket offered some protection too. As a rider since 2005 (although exclusively a scooter rider now), it's always crazy to see people riding with no gear whatsoever. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from everyone here!

@Epaulet a Nico question. The pleat on the Taylor is very shallow. The Nico pleat looks deeper. Is that correct?

@paxonus yes sir, the Nico has a deeper and more traditional pleat. The fit is pretty much the same overall.. it's a touch bigger in the thighs due to that, but nothing that's really measurable.

While we're all waiting for the new EZ Pants, here's a shot of the OG ones w/ a linen band-collar Gitman EFF.

View attachment 995391

@Duke Silver so great!!

Got my shipping info today too (#TeamPine) though technically I think it’s still pre-shipped and hasn’t been picked up yet. I leave for vacation Friday morning so hopefully it gets here before then... fingers crossed

@avsmusic1 we shipped about 24 Pine jackets yesterday and we're fighting to get all of the remaining Pine and the Sapphires out today. Thanks again to everyone for their patience and enjoy these awesome jackets!

It’s EZ Pants day!!!!

@stevenkmason ahhhh sadly not just yet, the factory got jammed up, so it's looking like EZ Pant day is getting pushed to either next Tuesday or Thursday. Won't be far off though.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all need to quit sleeping on the combat boots. If your size is left, just get em.

I've probably owned over 20 pairs of combat boots over the last couple years, and my 2 Epaulet pairs are the best two I've owned. Easy to wear, tough enough, looks great with everything...they're just damn good boots.

Which is why I have a third pair on the way.

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
Bit of a newb question here, but it's been a while since I bought a shirt off of measurements: how does Epaulet measure the shoulders on shirts? Seam to seam at the yoke line?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads