• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend the lightweight chambray rivets. Wore the blue in 85 degree Texas muggy heat and was perfectly comfortable. Back to 70 degree LA weather and wearing the loden along with an EP seersucker. It's a unique color especially for warm weather. I usually associate the moss shade with fall/winter.

IMG_3376 (2).jpg

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks dude! Just added this into the stable so I can have ANOTHER blue shirt to alternately pair with the Fatigue Jacket or Distressed Doyle. You can see from my fit pics that I'm a real creature of habit with dressing. Tough to escape that Catholic school uniform mentality, lol.

You wearing a L in both the chainstitch and Deanz?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay Mike. I’ll wait to buy a tweed coat... ;)

@CanadaCal excellent.. we gonna have the boss-est options on Earth for it

Highly recommend the lightweight chambray rivets. Wore the blue in 85 degree Texas muggy heat and was perfectly comfortable. Back to 70 degree LA weather and wearing the loden along with an EP seersucker. It's a unique color especially for warm weather. I usually associate the moss shade with fall/winter.
View attachment 993556

@lifeinabox fantastic.. so glad that you're pleased with them!

You wearing a L in both the chainstitch and Deanz?

@avsmusic1 yes sir, size Large Chainstitch and size 40 Deanz.

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
MADE IN THE USA?

Hey everyone, wanted to run something by you. I'm planning to overhaul some portions of the website over the next week.. primarily to make it easier to understand for new customers. I'm going to really work to spell out the essentials of what we do in graphics and simple, short statements.

Since our inception, we've only done production in the USA, Canada, UK, and Europe. And these days, really everything is made in the States except for Aero, our sneakers, and Northern Watters sweaters. This is in NO way going to change, and if anything, I'm trying to bring as much production into California as we can. But I'm curious about how strong a selling point it is.

I don't typically communicate this a lot as (1) I feel like our customers largely know it and (2) I think that that products stand on their own without hyping the country of origin too much. But maybe we're missing out by not highlighting it more.

How important is country of origin to you guys? Do you intentionally seek out things that are made domestically? Does the MiUSA aspect of Epaulet clothing impact your satisfaction and decision to buy?

Agree with much of what others have said, but chiming in on a language/framing point. I feel like the "Made in the USA" mantra can be received with subtle undertones (intentional or not) of "good ol' 'Merica!", which may be the initial reticence for Mike/Adele not wanting to bang the MiUSA drum. On the other hand, framing the EP brand more as "designed/crafted/fabricated" in California/USA gets the same point across, without sounding like a Walmart Heartland Special. Perhaps a different tack would be to narrate some of the living wage aspect that I'm sure EP enables, but that pries open a political can they might not want to deal with...

@Epaulet
Any word on when the Southwick Sandow promo from early May is shipping? Just curious cause the Hertlings came already. Thanks!

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet
Re: cordovan trainer pre orders
If we order the cordovan sports trainers is the sneaker in all cordovan or is it a combination of Cordovan and suede like the examples? I much prefer one material/all cordovan

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet
Re: cordovan trainer pre orders
If we order the cordovan sports trainers is the sneaker in all cordovan or is it a combination of Cordovan and suede like the examples? I much prefer one material/all cordovan

We can definitely do all cordovan.. it costs an additional $75. Just put that into the checkout box comments and we’ll invoice you for it separately @coldinboston

slows2k

Reaction score
Got the horsehide video!

Just to piggyback on this because the email reminded me: any ETA on the shell sneaker preorder from a few months ago? Delivery time was summer I think, but I thought you guys might have a better idea since you launched he next preorder. Thanks!

lbrig

Reaction score
Ah, already have a cafe racer in brown midweight horsehide. But that horsehide is niiiice. Is it different enough to have two leather jackets?

pekingman

Reaction score
With the looming end of the shell cordovan promotion it seems like a good time to upload a couple of pictures from earlier this year. I think these were the "cigar shell" option. I really can't say enough good things about these shoes - they took a bit of time to break in, but now are super comfortable, and even as shell cordovan can take a hell of a beating (I took a big fall wearing these that resulted in a grade II ankle ligament break for me and an almighty scuff to the shoes - the scuff was repaired with about 20 minutes of rubbing/polishing - my ankle took a while longer to fix ...!).

Other EP stuff here: windowpane Walts (from an ends for friends promotion) and the purple melange Harris tweed jacket.

Shell_600wide.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ pants are BOLD AF.

Looking good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads