• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Thanks for all of the kind words, and @BrandoW has a good point: I love talking about new stuff that we're rolling out, but I'm not usually on top of communicating delays on things.

This is actually something that we've discussed internally, as a lot of guys would like more consistent and correct heads-up on things. When I'm talking about launches here, I'll try not to commit to specific dates unless we really have everything squared away. And we're thinking about introducing an "upcoming" list into our email newsletters, so that everyone can get a preview of what's happening.

All that said, I'm rolling out the MA-1 as we speak. My apologies for the absolute beatdown of text, but I figure that this is an item for the enthusiasts, so having more to read is better than less :).

Give it a few minutes, as I'm building out the color & length options. You can also opt to remove that patch sleeve pocket if you like.

http://epauletnewyork.com/products/exclusive-ma-1-horsehide-jacket-preorder

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually it just dawned on me...I do have a burning issue I'd like to resolve...

Dylan - what is your actual weight and height!? Half of my orders are based on this!

:)

Last edited:

BrandoW

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Thanks for all of the kind words, and @BrandoW has a good point: I love talking about new stuff that we're rolling out, but I'm not usually on top of communicating delays on things.

This is actually something that we've discussed internally, as a lot of guys would like more consistent and correct heads-up on things. When I'm talking about launches here, I'll try not to commit to specific dates unless we really have everything squared away. And we're thinking about introducing an "upcoming" list into our email newsletters, so that everyone can get a preview of what's happening.

All that said, I'm rolling out the MA-1 as we speak. My apologies for the absolute beatdown of text, but I figure that this is an item for the enthusiasts, so having more to read is better than less
smile.gif

Give it a few minutes, as I'm building out the color & length options. You can also opt to remove that patch sleeve pocket if you like.

http://epauletnewyork.com/products/exclusive-ma-1-horsehide-jacket-preorder
This is all great and thanks for understanding my point. I give you guys an A+ on everything else.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay it's live with options. I'll break everything down about this tomorrow, and feel free to post any questions here.

In terms of the sizing, it's actually very easy with this jacket. This is actually a perfect item for a somewhat blind pre-order. The design is a blouson, so it can fit guys who are a little bigger or a little smaller than the size. It's nowhere near as sensitive as a sportcoat or a cafe racer.

Order according to either your Epaulet New York shirting size or your usual slimmer sportcoat size. If you own a Epaulet Southwick or an LBM1911 or Vittorio jacket, you can use that as a guideline. The chest measurement looks big because of how the jacket is designed, but I wouldn't recommend sizing down. For reference, I take a 41 jacket and a Large shirt, and I'm wearing the 40 in our pic. The shape is way more tailored than the typical MA-1, but it's still best not to try and wear this skin-tight.

For length, I'd say order 1" longer if you're around 6" and 2" longer if you're around 6'2" or more. We didn't offer a short option as it's already pretty cropped. If you need a large size (42 or 44) and you're around 5'6" or under, then we can certainly take an inch off of the body for you. Just let me know.

For sleeves, I'd say to follow your usual sportcoat sizing. Add an inch or two if you usually need a longer sleeve. Subtract an inch if you typically need a short sleeve. The knit cuffs make the sleeve fit pretty easy regardless. If they're long, then the cuff just stacks up a bit. If it's short, it has to be REALLY short to even be noticable.

docalden2013

Reaction score
Okay it's live with options. I'll break everything down about this tomorrow, and feel free to post any questions here.

In terms of the sizing, it's actually very easy with this jacket. This is actually a perfect item for a somewhat blind pre-order. The design is a blouson, so it can fit guys who are a little bigger or a little smaller than the size. It's nowhere near as sensitive as a sportcoat or a cafe racer.

Order according to either your Epaulet New York shirting size or your usual slimmer sportcoat size. If you own a Epaulet Southwick or an LBM1911 or Vittorio jacket, you can use that as a guideline. The chest measurement looks big because of how the jacket is designed, but I wouldn't recommend sizing down. For reference, I take a 41 jacket and a Large shirt, and I'm wearing the 40 in our pic. The shape is way more tailored than the typical MA-1, but it's still best not to try and wear this skin-tight.

For length, I'd say order 1" longer if you're around 6" and 2" longer if you're around 6'2" or more. We didn't offer a short option as it's already pretty cropped. If you need a large size (42 or 44) and you're around 5'6" or under, then we can certainly take an inch off of the body for you. Just let me know.

For sleeves, I'd say to follow your usual sportcoat sizing. Add an inch or two if you usually need a longer sleeve. Subtract an inch if you typically need a short sleeve. The knit cuffs make the sleeve fit pretty easy regardless. If they're long, then the cuff just stacks up a bit. If it's short, it has to be REALLY short to even be noticable.
Insta-kopped so fast the specs weren't even up yet. Sorry, guys, would you mind if I wrote or phoned in the deets on the jacket?
shog[1].gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Insta-kopped so fast the specs weren't even up yet. Sorry, guys, would you mind if I wrote or phoned in the deets on the jacket? 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Haha yup - I just emailed you about it. Thanks for your order!

Take your time, just drop me an email when you can. And feel free to ring the shop tomorrow if you have any questions

docalden2013

Reaction score
Are you the guy who was just advocating some patience?
biggrin.gif
Yes, I was advocating for patience--with Epaulet. My response to you was not a polemic against exuberance in purchasing. I think we're all on this thread because we like Epaulet stuff; I'm not sure when that became an issue.

As far as patience for people who create accounts just so they can complain anonymously about nonsignificant concerns, it appears I've run out. Now let's move along and continue to relish our exuberance for all things Ep.

BrandoW

Reaction score
Yes, I was advocating for patience--with Epaulet. My response to you was not a polemic against exuberance in purchasing. I think we're all on this thread because we like Epaulet stuff; I'm not sure when that became an issue.

As far as patience for people who create accounts just so they can complain anonymously about nonsignificant concerns, it appears I've run out. Now let's move along and continue to relish our exuberance for all things Ep.
Yes, your concerns are significant (such as: you did not read Epaulet's post telling you to wait a few minutes to order and you can't bother to just send an email or PM) and you post your real name when you voice them.

vedarcrew

Reaction score
so anyways...... How about that MA-1! The pictures look great! Are there any more detailed measurements on the arms?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads