• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
Yup, sorry the end date should be today (as we're closed). I'm going to take them off-line tonight and we'll compile and send off the order for cutting tomorrow!
My pleasure - we'll have some rad colors!

Cool man, just got in for two more tonight - Brolive in the Twill and Tan in the Canvas. Fyi, still not getting the Shopify order confirmation emails, no biggie, just wanted to let y'all know.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad those heirloom junts are back. mine (that was 2010? how time flies) is still a wonder.

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, they'll be made by Northern Watters on Prince Edward Island - just like before. The craftsmanship on these is insane (as you wrote) and they carry a lifetime warranty. I've still got mine from '10 as well. Looks like we've got Charcoal, Navy, Purple Heather, and Pacific Blue on order for that.

Love that stuff. IIRC Northern Watters Knitwear is basically two ladies in PEI knitting stuff -- everything by hand, no stitching on their garments aside from buttons and tags. It's amazing.

Last edited:

pekingman

Reaction score
Quote:
Does that also mean that getting jackets made from the trouser MTO fabric isn't going to be possible? The linen MTO trouser swatches look great - so much so that they have me thinking that this could be a good time to sort out a linen suit ...

Now, I know of course that no one actually needs a linen suit, but that's no reason not to own one, right? If not, will there also be some linen fabric options in the Southwick MTO program. Or am I so far left field on this idea that I'm not even in the parking lot?

Sounds good also about the plans for the Hardie cardigan I'll prepare myself to expect the unexpected regarding the colors! I wore my Klein blue almost daily this winter it was so freakin' comfortable, and I would definitely be on the lookout for another. Though I guess I'll have to do some research on this mystical Heirloom cardigan as well...

direstrats220

Reaction score
Who made the handsewn beefroll loafers (made in maine, natty CXL). Highland or Quoddy? Searching the web, kyle rancourt himself said they never made shoes for epaulet.

stlms3

Reaction score

These longwings look sick! Can't wait for tomorrow to give them a spin! So glad I jumped on them.

Any more MTO carmina/vass on the horizon mike? The two payment approach makes them a lot easier to stomach.

Also, any recommendations to keep them looking nice and shiny? I have a pair of Alden cordovan boots and it seems that no matter what I do, they end up dull. I really don't want the carminas to go down that road. I use Alden cordavon wax and ronvateur. Any other products I should pick up for either shoe, and any polishing techniques that work well on cordovan that I should be doing?

Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cool man, just got in for two more tonight - Brolive in the Twill and Tan in the Canvas. Fyi, still not getting the Shopify order confirmation emails, no biggie, just wanted to let y'all know.

I also didn't get a confirmation email for an order placed last night.

Thanks so much! And yes, I was on the line with Shopify earlier today - their rep couldn't figure out why the emails are no longer being generated, he said that he had to "pass it up the chain." Seems strange - this started happening on Saturday or so.

Regardless, anyone who ordered - please drop me an email and I'll be happy to send you your order confirmation manually. Sorry about this.

Love that stuff. IIRC Northern Watters Knitwear is basically two ladies in PEI knitting stuff -- everything by hand, no stitching on their garments aside from buttons and tags. It's amazing.

That's them! Although they've got a small staff there, it's still an entirely hand-made operation. I'm really glad that we're working with them again. It's been cool to see guys bringing out those sweaters one season after the next. They just don't quit.

Does that also mean that getting jackets made from the trouser MTO fabric isn't going to be possible? The linen MTO trouser swatches look great - so much so that they have me thinking that this could be a good time to sort out a linen suit ...

Now, I know of course that no one actually needs a linen suit, but that's no reason not to own one, right? If not, will there also be some linen fabric options in the Southwick MTO program. Or am I so far left field on this idea that I'm not even in the parking lot?

Sounds good also about the plans for the Hardie cardigan I'll prepare myself to expect the unexpected regarding the colors! I wore my Klein blue almost daily this winter it was so freakin' comfortable, and I would definitely be on the lookout for another. Though I guess I'll have to do some research on this mystical Heirloom cardigan as well...

Nope, we can still do custom orders on linen fabrics, but SW is going to have a bunch of their own to choose from. And they now have the Walt hard paper patterns, so the trousers will be the same if you'd like to get an entire 2-piece or 3-piece suit through their service. They'll just be more to choose from, and using all SW fabric will cut down the lead time by 2 weeks or so.

Who made the handsewn beefroll loafers (made in maine, natty CXL). Highland or Quoddy? Searching the web, kyle rancourt himself said they never made shoes for epaulet. 

That's true - all of our US-made handsewns were done by Highland.

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
Swung by the Manhattan store on Sunday and picked up the flax chinolino LBM 1911. Anyone had one of these altered? I think I might want to adjust the collar so it lays closer to my neck, and I'm wondering if altering one of these is any different.

Simplicio

Reaction score

EP Gitman MTO OCBD Keystone fit pic
8unyzepe.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I've been holding off on the Gitman shirts, in part because I wasn't sure about the collar. I have assumed that the Gitman FF shirts from a few months ago would also be done with the same Gitman full collar, so I wanted to see those before I ordered more. Is this the case?

Asian Afro

Reaction score

Yes sir, they'll be made by Northern Watters on Prince Edward Island - just like before. The craftsmanship on these is insane (as you wrote) and they carry a lifetime warranty. I've still got mine from '10 as well. Looks like we've got Charcoal, Navy, Purple Heather, and Pacific Blue on order for that.

Will the cardigans be slimmer than what's shown on their web site? http://www.nwknitwear.com

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real quick pic from the package I got last night.
Sorry about the bad lighting and poor pic.
These Luigi Bianchi Mantova jackets are like pure butter.
Matt "forced" me to try the navy one on in the store, and nothing has ever fit better OTR.
I cant wait to wear it.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike-
Two questions...
For the Khyber Cloth MTOs, is the red similar to the Washed Red you offered awhile back or more of a true Red?

Are you still offering the Caine Hopsack sportcoats in Shorts? I see they were removed from the Special Order section.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads