• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kwanon

Reaction score
re: Galey and Lord Khaki Military Twill
Can someone break down what is supposed to be so rad about this fabric?
And, should I start drinking the kool-aid, is there even any fabric available for MTO in size 29?

neutrino

Reaction score
I think according to Mike that's as close as we can get to the previously released cramerton cloth, which was getting rave reviews here. I know that doesn't say a lot, but that's all I know
teacha.gif

ktown

Reaction score
I am also in for pre-order on the Galey and Lord Khaki twill pants. Do I just need to watch this thread for a while to get in on it?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How is the new trouser MTO setup going?

Good! Finishing touches going up this weekend, planned to go live Sun-Mon. Here's a little preview of our fabrics:

That's just the solid linens. Lots more where that came from!

I'm a little unclear - is this a Wilshire shape or a trouser makeup?

The Galley & Lord is a Wilshire shape, so a 5-pocket twill chino basically. Or a twill "jean" depending on your preference.

Correct. So there's two Galey & Lord fabrics at play:

1) Military Twill Selvedge - only 24 units available, made up in the EPLA Wilshire (5-pocket jean) shape

2) Military Twill Standard - 5 colors coming in as Rivet Chinos. Will be available for MTO in Rivet Chinos within two weeks. Will be available as stock and MTO for Walt/Rudy within about 4-6 weeks.

I am also in for pre-order on the Galey and Lord Khaki twill pants. Do I just need to watch this thread for a while to get in on it?

Let me see if we have a swatch - I can then build out the preorder item and put it up at exactly noon tomorrow.

I think according to Mike that's as close as we can get to the previously released cramerton cloth, which was getting rave reviews here. I know that doesn't say a lot, but that's all I know :teach:  

Yes sir, Military Twill is similar, just a bit lighter and a lot less expensive. Same mill, same yarn.

re: Galey and Lord Khaki Military Twill
Can someone break down what is supposed to be so rad about this fabric?
And, should I start drinking the kool-aid, is there even any fabric available for MTO in size 29?

Rivet Chino size 29? Absolutely.

It's just a great American-made chino twill. I'd say that it's quality really reveals itself as you wear it - it breaks in very nicely, fades a bit. It's not going to be anything super dramatic like a Japanese Selvedge denim. G&L has been respected as one of the best chino twill suppliers in the world.

Second this. Will you have fabric left over to offer Rudy trousers? Or do you have the 32" wide fabric problem?

Not in the G&L Selvedge, but plenty in non-selvedge

I'm coveting the hell outta those Coopers in sand suede, wow! Question - if (haha, should say when) I buy them, should I use some kind of protecting spray or cream? I'm seriously a n00b on proper shoe care. Thanks!

Tarrago Nano Protector would be perfect for that. The Coopers in suede are so boss! Carmina's handsewns are a really killer value too

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All dat linen is blowing my mind. :slayer:

neutrino

Reaction score
Mike, what about the ETA for burnished jumpers?
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads