• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Military Twill selvedge sounds perfect! Hopefully you have a 34 incoming 

We absolutely will. I should have pics from the factory shortly. How about I put it online around 5PM EST? I'll keep you posted.

Can't wait for the linen MTO!!  Will be perfect for the summer down here in the south. :cheers:

All dat linen is blowing my mind. :slayer:

Hell yes! There's also going to be eight patterned linens (checks and stripes) to choose from. And about 10 colors of "Khyber Cloth," the lightweight egyptian cotton that we use for our petrol blue trousers. These are great for really hot days too.

Mike, what about the ETA for burnished jumpers? :confused:

My apologies - we were short-shipped on two styles: the burnished jumpers and the shell chukkas. Still waiting on word for those. I'm really sorry - I wish that I could control our footwear deliveries better, but ultimately these factories work on their own timelines, and they'll only rush and schedule things so much. We're following up daily for an ETA.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We absolutely will. I should have pics from the factory shortly. How about I put it online around 5PM EST? I'll keep you posted.

Hell yes! There's also going to be eight patterned linens (checks and stripes) to choose from. And about 10 colors of "Khyber Cloth," the lightweight egyptian cotton that we use for our petrol blue trousers. These are great for really hot days too.
My apologies - we were short-shipped on two styles: the burnished jumpers and the shell chukkas. Still waiting on word for those. I'm really sorry - I wish that I could control our footwear deliveries better, but ultimately these factories work on their own timelines, and they'll only rush and schedule things so much. We're following up daily for an ETA.
cool! I have to run around then to grad my son from daycare but hopefully it works out.

bummer on the chukkas...I have been hearing about shell shortages at Carmina so not shocked.

kwanon

Reaction score
Correct. So there's two Galey & Lord fabrics at play:

1) Military Twill Selvedge - only 24 units available, made up in the EPLA Wilshire (5-pocket jean) shape
So how is this going to stretch relative to the denim wilshires? I'm ordered my usual RC size (29) and they are pretty good, but I would not want them any tighter. Definitely would not have been wearable without the stretch. Also (blasphemy) I usually dry my clothes (except denim) on low, so that may tend to shrink the twill?

The reason for drying my clothes is simple. I know that if I planned to line dry them one of us would eventually F up and they would take a trip through the dryer. So I avoid the potential for unfortunate surprises by simply buying clothes that fit when minimally shrunken.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So how is this going to stretch relative to the denim wilshires? I'm ordered my usual RC size (29) and they are pretty good, but I would not want them any tighter. Definitely would not have been wearable without the stretch. Also (blasphemy) I usually dry my clothes (except denim) on low, so that may tend to shrink the twill?

The reason for drying my clothes is simple. I know that if I planned to line dry them one of us would eventually F up and they would take a trip through the dryer. So I avoid the potential for unfortunate surprises by simply buying clothes that fit when minimally shrunken.

It's going to be enzyme rinsed, so pretty much all of the shrinkage would be out of the garment. You could certainly dry it on low without any additional waist shrinkage. You might get a touch of extra shrinkage in the length, but probably not.

Your only consideration of Twill vs Denim is that it's going to stretch less. So if you've been buying the Wilshire REALLY tight in anticipation of it still being very fitted after break-in, then you'd want to size up one. But I'd say nearly everyone can take their standard Wilshire or Rivet Chino size.

Again, these won't be final sale, and the preorder will just allow you guys on SF to have first crack at it. If the fit doesn't work for you then it's no problem to return them.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Good! Finishing touches going up this weekend, planned to go live Sun-Mon. Here's a little preview of our fabrics:

Correct. So there's two Galey & Lord fabrics at play:

1) Military Twill Selvedge - only 24 units available, made up in the EPLA Wilshire (5-pocket jean) shape

2) Military Twill Standard - 5 colors coming in as Rivet Chinos. Will be available for MTO in Rivet Chinos within two weeks. Will be available as stock and MTO for Walt/Rudy within about 4-6 weeks.
Let me see if we have a swatch - I can then build out the preorder item and put it up at exactly noon tomorrow.
Yes sir, Military Twill is similar, just a bit lighter and a lot less expensive. Same mill, same yarn.
Rivet Chino size 29? Absolutely.

It's just a great American-made chino twill. I'd say that it's quality really reveals itself as you wear it - it breaks in very nicely, fades a bit. It's not going to be anything super dramatic like a Japanese Selvedge denim. G&L has been respected as one of the best chino twill suppliers in the world.
Not in the G&L Selvedge, but plenty in non-selvedge
Tarrago Nano Protector would be perfect for that. The Coopers in suede are so boss! Carmina's handsewns are a really killer value too
The Linen looks great!!

What colors are we going to see for the Military Twill standard?

stmaier

Reaction score
Will the Petrol Blue be back? Would love a pair of Rudy's in this.

Reveille

Reaction score
Actually, I don't have the pics yet, and probably won't before end of day. Let's plan to do the Wilshire G&L Selvedge preorder tomorrow at noon EST.

Totally in, and hoping that you'll be able to do an MTO size for my fatass 37. Will the link be live here on SF, or on the EP website?

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am guessing that Olive Doyle size 36 was my return as I got my refund this afternoon. Great piece, but I think I would personally get more use out of a slightly thicker one.... at least for me up in Tahoe. anyhow, enjoy that Doyle.... very nice jacket.

Thanks to good providence that this all played out with perfect timing. Sorry the Doyle didn't work out for you but I am selfishly glad that it didn't. Sorry for that but thank you.

Wade

Reaction score
what are the shoes in the pics of the driggs? alden chukkas?

Also, not sure if it's been address already, but is it possible to have more dressier fabrics in the driggs fit? I've tapered the walts i have a bit and looking at the measurements of the driggs, it should be good without the need for a taper

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah, I had been waiting to grab the navy Doyle in a 40 for a couple reasons. Had it in my cart this AM but then had to go to some meetings. Just clicked through the checkout and it's now sold out. Classic.

Guess I'll wait for the restock. If one turns up, shoot me a note and I'll grab it (if that's too much of a hassle.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Will the Petrol Blue be back? Would love a pair of Rudy's in this.

Hell yes! Seriously, we have like 12 different colors of that fabric to choose from.

Totally in, and hoping that you'll be able to do an MTO size for my fatass 37.  Will the link be live here on SF, or on the EP website?

I'll put the link here, but unfortunately we won't have a 37 in this run. It's already on order, we're just taking preorders on specific sizes.

But I can certainly do something like this in the future where we can take orders for extended sizes before going to production.

what are the shoes in the pics of the driggs? alden chukkas?

Also, not sure if it's been address already, but is it possible to have more dressier fabrics in the driggs fit? I've tapered the walts i have a bit and looking at the measurements of the driggs, it should be good without the need for a taper

You bet! We've got 60 units of Driggs on order in Navy Super 120s, Grey Super 120s, and Black Super 120s

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hah, I had been waiting to grab the navy Doyle in a 40 for a couple reasons. Had it in my cart this AM but then had to go to some meetings. Just clicked through the checkout and it's now sold out. Classic.

Guess I'll wait for the restock. If one turns up, shoot me a note and I'll grab it (if that's too much of a hassle.

No worries, we're not far out on that. Full restock of Olive and Navy in about two weeks or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads