• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped by our cutting room to check on the sample Doyles and Sinclair’s yesterday. Everything is cut and well on its way to ship the first week of February!

The cutters also have a new dog. This puppy was a stray that wandered in last week, and they have taking care of him. This dog has been eating Carne Asada on a daily basis, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a puppy look this happy. My daughter fell in love with him…

View attachment 2116999

So you have a new dog....

smmrfld

Reaction score
Eva, I know the Epaulet x American Trench waxed cotton jacket didn’t sell through as well as you hoped, but damn that thing has become my second-favorite jacket, right behind my Epaulet x Aero minimalist custom model. The dark olive goes with anything, the length and fit are perfect, and its weight makes it ideal for any situation when it may be raining but isn't cold.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eva, I know the Epaulet x American Trench waxed cotton jacket didn’t sell through as well as you hoped, but damn that thing has become my second-favorite jacket, right behind my Epaulet x Aero minimalist custom model. The dark olive goes with anything, the length and fit are perfect, and its weight makes it ideal for any situation when it may be raining but isn't cold.
Oh how rad that you mention that! I'm actually thinking to bring that back this Fall. I'm going to look into changing the pattern and adding a full liner with interior pockets. Would raise the price maybe 20%, but I think it could add a lot of extra functionality to the jacket. We'd still be really competitively priced. And if I do a preorder, I can offer a big range of waxed colors and weights.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Apologies for the lack of updates, I've been working like crazy this past week in Rochester. I'm going to roll out a collection of promo fabrics for all of our shapes this week. Three notes on this:

1) As you might know, RTC changed it's ownership last year. This made things a bit chaotic with both production and fabric inventory. They moved a bunch of equipment internally to consolidate their workflow. My apologies to anyone who faced delays last year, but we plan to be on track to be on time with all shipments in 2024.

2) Although a lot of promo fabrics went away with the changeover, a lot of them became available. More than I've ever had before and more than I can launch at one time. I have AMAZING stuff. I'm going to start with the heavier weight goods as we can still deliver before the start of Spring.

3) The pricing on these fabrics is great. Not only that... we're up against a significant general price increase on 2/15. So any orders you place between now and 2/15 will not only get this promotional pricing, but the lowest promotional pricing that we'll ever offer.

This push is intentional on RTC's part. Late Jan to mid-Feb is a fairly slow time for production and they'd love to fill the line up with new work and turn lots of fabric inventory into clothes. It's a great opportunity to take advantage of that and get some boss new clothing at an awesome price.

4) We have a new overcoat shape that many guys have been asking for. May I introduce the RTC Balmaccan! There won't be time to get the sample shot on a model, so these are going to be the pics we present. I'll have full measurements online. The belt is removable:

Balmaccan Preview1.jpg

Balmaccan Preview2.jpg

Balmaccan3.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Huge thanks to all of you guys who picked up the DCBD shirts. I absolutely blew through that open stock, and we've been getting great feedback on the preorder deliveries.

We definitely need to make more of these and launch a new group later this month. For the moment, a customer on IG sent in this fit pic in the Red Chambray. Which really.. was the best red chambray shirt that I've ever made.

421820645_901006205091163_5910186619030632857_n.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Balloon Wool YT.jpg

Hey guys,

I've got my first two promotional fabrics online for RTC. We're offering 15% off until next Thursday (while supplies last) and the initial price is already significantly discounted from the MSRP.
The first cloth is navy "Balloon Hopsack." It's a lightweight pure wool woven in England by Hardy Minnis. This is a really popular fabric for navy suits and sportcoats in warmer climates. It breathes exceptionally well and it's naturally wrinkle-resistant.

Use this code to get the discount: rtc15

I've got 25 yards, so enough for a few suits and other pieces. It's on hand and ready to cut immediately. If you need a classic navy piece for your wardrobe, then this is a fantastic buy.

Again, the prices at RTC go up about 12% on 2/15, so it's a great time to order if these fabrics catch your eye. This is divided into three categories on our site:

SPORTCOATS AND SUITS: From $931 with code rtc15
Balloon Leader Suiting.jpg

TROUSERS: $310 with code rtc15
Balloon Leader Trouser.jpg

DOYLES, TEBA JACKETS, AND FIELD JACKETS: From $425 with code rtc15
Balloon Leader Jackets.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For some navy jacket inspiration: here's our Princeton sack jacket with RTC.

Crafted with Hardy Minnis 3-ply hopsack, full canvas, center vent, 3-patch pockets, 3-roll-2 front, and gold buttons. The skull & bones liner makes a rad accent for it as well.

Navy Blazer1.jpg

Navy Blazer2.jpg

Navy Blazer3.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Here's a quick update of everything that's going on....

1) I need to restock Rivet Chinos sooner than later, so I'm going to close this preorder on Tuesday:

Rivet Chinos in Military-Spec Cottons Project

I should have extra stock in all three colors of ripcord. If you preorder, you can save some money and get a finished hem length. Also I only stock sizes 31 to 36, so preorder if you need a size outside of that.

Olive Jungle Cloth sold out. I still have stock in both camo's, but they will only be made for preorders.

I'm actually going to cut and make the Natural Stitchwork Sashiko pants with this Mil-Spec delivery. So those will ship pretty soon... about 10 days. The Dyed Stitchwork will ship at the end of the month.

2) I made up a Kamigata sample in Stitchwork Sashiko and it's just as awesome as you'd imagine. Launching that today as a preorder in the same colors as the chinos. So you can get a whole Stitchwork Sashiko kamigata suit if you're so inclined. Our model isn't back in town until next week, so I just have flat lay photos to start, but as you can imagine, this will be an impossibly cozy fit.

3) I'll be beating everyone over the proverbial head with RTC fabrics over the next 7 days. Our prices go up after 2/15, so this is the prime time to get both the promo fabrics and a lower overall price on all of our custom tailored garments.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got a car full of ripcord and it's going real swell....

Okay, admittedly that doesn't flow well with the song. But glad that I picked this fabric up, there's actually less than I thought. We've got plenty to cover the preorders, but there's going to be very little open stock.

Especially for Java. I'll keep tabs on the inventory, but if you want a Java ripcord chino (Rivet or Wilhelm), then definitely order in the next day or two. It's pretty epic. I'm putting these into work early next week.

PS: Java ripcord is that 55y fabric behind me. Enough for about 26 pairs of pants. 18 of them are already sold.

IMG_7710 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Todd V

Reaction score
I really should be a player on a Harris Tweed suit. I’ve been threatening to do it for years. This is an amazing opportunity and selection, but I just don’t think can swing it this year.

Fist bumps for all who do swing it this year!

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
I got a car full of ripcord and it's going real swell....

Okay, admittedly that doesn't flow well with the song. But glad that I picked this fabric up, there's actually less than I thought. We've got plenty to cover the preorders, but there's going to be very little open stock.

Especially for Java. I'll keep tabs on the inventory, but if you want a Java ripcord chino (Rivet or Wilhelm), then definitely order in the next day or two. It's pretty epic. I'm putting these into work early next week.

PS: Java ripcord is that 55y fabric behind me. Enough for about 26 pairs of pants. 18 of them are already sold.

View attachment 2128603

Hi Eva! I sent an e-mail about a few outstanding orders. Would love to get those settled and then pivot to the camo rivet chinos! Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads