• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Been working on this for a launch later today or tomorrow morning. We're going to offer LA-made suit separates in both Victory Donegal and a new blended fabric called Essex Twill.

A few years back we offered Donegal from Woolrich, and I tested that in my washing machine. It shrank quite a bit.

I tested this new Victory Donegal, which is from Canada. Washed it on the delicate cold water setting and hang dried it. And I'm thrilled to say: I got ZERO real shrinkage. It's ever so slightly smaller after the wash (like any garment), but immediately goes back to its full measurement after wearing it for a minute.

The hand feels great too. This fabric is officially a machine washable tweed (albeit, washable on delicate and hang dried only), and that's a huge selling point. We'll have great prices on this too!

Last point: you're going to see the preorder item with just the Sinclair and the Rivet Chino. If you need a Wilhelm, we'll have those available for one more week in the Wilhelm project.

These are the same fabrics and same dye lots, so a Wilhelm will perfectly match the Sinclair.

Victory Suit Editorial1.jpg

Victory Suit Editorial2.jpg

Panama Jacket Editorial.jpg

utopiaburger

Reaction score
@Epaulet Have the Sinclair jackets gotten longer? Eg Size 36 on the victory donegal tweed listed as 29.5” length, which is 1-2” longer than previous Doyle/Sinclair.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Have the Sinclair jackets gotten longer? Eg Size 36 on the victory donegal tweed listed as 29.5” length, which is 1-2” longer than previous Doyle/Sinclair.
Oh yes, thanks so much for pointing that out! I reused the size chart from the "Ink & Dagger" Sashiko project. The exact post-wash length of that pigment dye was hard to project, so I erred on the longer side. Worked nice with the Laidback pant vibe too.

These are not washed, so no surprised with sizing. They are the OG specs of the Sinclair and right in line with the body & sleeve length of the Doyle. It's updated online.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Crosspost from the RTC thread...

A while back, I had an interesting inquiry from a client. He's getting married in a few weeks, and he fell in love with the Rope Dyed Indigo Sashiko that we've used for our in-house Doyle jackets and Rivet Chinos. He wanted a custom 3-piece suit in this cloth.

It was interesting to work with. The cloth is so saturated with indigo that it would have fouled the machines at RTC, so I actually washed it myself a few times at a local laundromat. After 3 sessions of washing and drying, the excess indigo was pretty much all out, so I shipped out that treated fabric for his suit.

The resulting 3-piece was STUNNING. I've done a lot of tailored sashiko, but this fabric has a extra level of aging and depth. It made up beautifully into our in-house shapes too. We shipped it out to him and he was thrilled with the results.

It's always flattering when guys think of us for their wedding suits, but it was next level to also do a custom piece in our own speciality cloth. I honestly don't think that there's another place on Earth to get a fully MTO canvassed 3-piece suit in Japanese rope dyed indigo sashiko. It's really unique, and it was wonderful to hear how pleased he was with it...

Rope Dyed Suit Testimonial.jpg
RTC Rope Dyed Suit1.jpg

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a dumbass and ordered a 31 instead of 33 in tencel rivets by mistake. do I need need an rma or anything or can I just mail them back?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm a dumbass and ordered a 31 instead of 33 in tencel rivets by mistake. do I need need an rma or anything or can I just mail them back?
Oh no problem, just drop me an email ([email protected]) or use the chat function on the site, I'll be happy to switch those out for you!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Apropos of nothing, I asked ChatGPT to write a 16-bar rap song about Harris Tweed.

I feel like I need a satin bomber jacket that says “Harris Tweed Hoes”

(Verse 1)
I'm reppin' Harris Tweed, from the Scottish Isles,
Crafted with skill, been stackin' these styles,
From Lewis to Harris, where it all began,
Weaving threads of history, understand the plan.

Handwoven fabric, in patterns so fine,
Centuries of culture, in every line,
Sheep's wool foundation, dyed with care,
In the rugged Hebrides, we declare, we wear!

(Chorus)
Harris Tweed Hoes! We wear it with pride,
From the Isle of Harris, let the legacy ride,
Unique and classic, never losing our stride,
In this tweed, we confide, worldwide!

(Verse 2)
From crofters to kings, it's a fabric of class,
Iconic in fashion, made to last,
From suits to coats, and even some caps,
Harris Tweed, we rock it like champs.

Feel the texture, the history's embrace,
In the cold winds of Scotland, we set the pace,
With threads hand-spun, and colors so bold,
Harris Tweed's the story that's never grown old.

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
It's more than just fabric, it's a way of life,
A symbol of craftsmanship, no need for strife,
From the Highlands to London, New York to LA,
Harris Tweed's the statement we make every day.

So when you hit the streets, with style and grace,
Remember Harris Tweed, the timeless embrace,
With every stitch and every weave, we unite,
Harris Tweed Hoes! Yeah, that's our hype!

(Chorus)

(Outro)
So here's to Harris Tweed, let the legacy flow,
In the world of fashion, watch us steal the show,
From the Hebrides to wherever we go,
Harris Tweed Hoes, let the whole world know!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Outside of these sick bars, it's last call for our Harris Tweed promotional pricing:

YT Leader Harris Tweed.jpg

Last Chance for 20% Off and Early Fall Delivery
Our first Harris Tweed customs start to ship next week, so it's last call for the earlybird discount.

Our 20% off pricing ends Monday 9/4. The discount is already reflected in the price online. Order now for a great price and delivery by mid-October.

We have four stunning fabrics to choose from. Each one has incredible details like bold colors, intricate herringbone weaves, marled tonal yarns, and brilliant multicolored flecks.

We're offering them across all of our custom shapes with RTC. Prices are anywhere from 20% to 30% off retail, and you can fully customize these garments!

Scroll down to see all of the available categories. And use the chat function of our website with any questions.

And, if you'd like a Princeton Sack Jacket in any of these tweeds, that can be done! It's not officially online, so drop an email to Eva Kuhle at [email protected] and she can set it up for you.

Harris Leader Suit.jpg

Suits, Sportcoats, Doyles & Field Jackets: $650 to $1550 ($8̶9̶5̶ to $1̶9̶9̶5̶)

Teba Leader.jpg

Overcoat Leader.jpg

Custom Overcoats in Harris Tweed: $1250 ($̶1̶6̶9̶5̶)

Trouser Leader.jpg

And here are the four colors that we have available. All of these are brand new for our collection!

Charcoal Scarlet Flecks.jpg

Violet Mist Logo.jpg
Chestnut Confetti Logo.jpg

Pink Sorbet heather Logo.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Let's kick off Fall styling shots with our....

(1) Wilhelm Chino in Khaki Selvedge (available via preorder)

(2) Racing Green striped denim shirt (available custom)

(3) "Jaeger" Jacket in tweed (coming back online in a few weeks!)

Wilhelm Selvedge Jaeger.jpg
Wilhelm Selvedge Khaki.jpg
Wilhelm Selvedge Cuff.jpg
Wilhelm Selvedge Jaeger2.jpg
Wilhelm Selvedge Side.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That jacket is great.

Are you still offering a car coat shape or is it just the lapel overcoat through RTC now?
Interesting idea actually. You know, I could actually do that here for you pretty easily.

I should still have this pattern on file...

American_Trench_Epaulet_Waxed_Canvas_Mac_Coats_1.jpeg

Usually the single piece sampling charge is prohibitively expensive in LA, but compared to the RTC overcoat, it's a lot less. So I could realistically do this for you at $425 in your choice of Donegal. Bonus is that this garment would be fully machine washable, while any RTC overcoat would not be.

Drop me a line [email protected] and I can set that up. Kind of a boss item for Los Angeles.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I owe you guys a simple breakdown of the Kamigata project but for now I've got a video. Would love to hear your feedback on it. I'm still pretty basic with my video skills, but trying to get incrementally better. This one was a combo of Iphone and Fuji XS20, and I want to work to increasingly favor the proper camera, especially for selfie video. I need a microphone too.
Thanks to everyone who's ordered so far, I see some familiar names already!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've made some rad pants over the past 15 years, but these are in a class of their own!

May I present the Taylor trouser (single pleat, high rise) and the Walt trouser (plain front, mid rise) in our exclusive "Pink Sorbet" Harris Tweed.

They photograph nicely, but they look EVEN better in person. These two beauties are shipping to their new homes today. There's enough cloth for about 3 or 4 more pairs, so click through to learn more about it.

This is a great opportunity to get some incredible trousers!

Harris Pink Sorbet Taylor Main.jpg
Harris Pink Sorbet Walt Main.jpg
Harris Pink Sorbet Taylor Detail.jpg
Harris Pink Sorbet Walt Detail.jpg

Todd V

Reaction score
Very cool. Those are definitely razor sharp.

One of these days, I’ll do a Harris Tweed suit. For some reason I’m slightly terrified of it.

I do miss the good old days of endless factory finds and crazy suits being churned out in VOLUME!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads