• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6AD5B557-9112-49DC-B4DF-50EE7C0A056B.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Hey Eva - I'm interested in buying 1 or 2 sashiko doyles to add to my collection. Pretty much the only jacket I wear half the year are sashiko doyles, but I've found the sizing to be inconsistent.

For example, I grabbed the last size 40 jet black that was on sale, but it is hilariously large on me (mostly sleeves and length). I'm not looking for a refund, as I've already started wearing it (styled as an in-between chore jacket and mac coat, and I have to keep the sleeves rolled). I could be measuring it wrong but I'm pretty sure the length is in the ball park of ~29.75in+ . Can send pictures in DM

Could you confirm if this current preorder batch of doyles is accurate w the size chart currently on preorder page? E.g. size 40 is 21" chest, 24.5" sleeve, 18" shoulder, 27.5" length

I don't know if this helps but my best fitting doyle was the first run of shadow ink as a doyle, I think Fall 2019 or Spring 2020. It's actually off-spec because the tag says size 42 but there was a written note in the package that said it was shrunk or something and should be the equivalent of size ~40

@CaptainCrunchy thanks for the question and sorry for the late response. Our exact sizing is always a bit variable, but this batch should be very close to the posted measurements. We revised the cutting marker down as the SS21 pieces were a bit larger than planned. I'd say to get a size 40 in this and it should work!

WOW!! Insanely great look as a three piece. I love the watch chain too! @suuteebird

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We're just catching up from the NYC trip, but got a lot of things happening this week....

1) Wide Wale Corduroy Jackets are in stock and launched today. I'll do a separate post to talk about these, but if you're waiting on a preorder or anticipating buying one, it's all happening now. We'll have the preorders fully shipped by end of week.

2) We just received ALL of the finished and undyed Sashiko jackets. I'm going to keep the preorder open for now and do a last call on Thursday, but after that they're headed right to the dyehouse. If all goes well, we'll be shipping them right before or immediately after Thanksgiving. Either way, I'm thrilled to be delivering a Sashiko order on time! This is a really nice model for future preorders.

3) Chainstitch shirts should be finished with dye and getting buttons tomorrow. Hoping to have those ready to ship out by Friday.

4) We just received a large box of RTC stuff... can't wait to show you guys!

5) Our Gaziano & Girling boots arrived as well. We'll be showing those off and collecting balances on them tomorrow.

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
Hey guys!

We're just catching up from the NYC trip, but got a lot of things happening this week....

1) Wide Wale Corduroy Jackets are in stock and launched today. I'll do a separate post to talk about these, but if you're waiting on a preorder or anticipating buying one, it's all happening now. We'll have the preorders fully shipped by end of week.

4) We just received a large box of RTC stuff... can't wait to show you guys!

Do either of these deliveries include the RTC-made wide wale corduroy jackets placed in Aug/Sept?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do either of these deliveries include the RTC-made wide wale corduroy jackets placed in Aug/Sept?

should be thru very soon. I just got our first custom RTC corduroy yesterday… a field jacket… and it’s freaking amazing. Will show pics and video tomorrow

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NL sashiko lead.jpg

Hey guys!

Tonight's the deadline for Sashiko Doyle preorders. About 60% of the incoming inventory is claimed so far. All of the jackets are sewn and finished... so the preorder is really just helping us to figure out exact dye quantities by color. We'll probably have some open stock after all is said and done, but preordering will lock in your chosen size, color, and button. Plus you get the jacket for $195 rather than $265.

YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE PREORDER HERE

I'm personally taking the jackets to our dye house tomorrow morning. Solid colors are usually done in a few days, so with luck, we're taking the dyed jackets to the factory for finishing and buttons next Tuesday. And then we're shipping immediately after Thanksgiving. Either way, this will be the fastest Sashiko preorder turnaround that we've ever offered.

We're offering five colors: Indigo, Natural, Gunmetal, Aubergine, and Mink. Aubergine is the newest tone, and we just received a custom suit made up in it. Check out the photos and videos below and you can really get a sense. It's a dark and muted plum purple, and it's freaking boss as hell. Absolutely perfect match to denim. This most likely won't be offered again too soon, so great chance to grab it now.

I will, however, run some extra fabric in all of these colors so that we can offer custom RTC garments in early Dec.

RTC Aubergine Sashiko Main.jpg

RTC Aubergine Detail.jpg

RTC Aubergine Pant.jpg

Attachments

• RTC Aubergine Felt.jpg
    RTC Aubergine Felt.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 3

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lovin' my tweed doyle on a chilly day. Are there any custom or stock orders available for these?

Rad! I actually have two Doyle's going live tomorrow morning: a very thick olive wool tweed from Magee, and a Navy full-weight Brisbane Moss moleskin with a wide wale corduroy collar. I'll get them online and post them here tonight first if I can.

Jlancia

Reaction score
Rad! I actually have two Doyle's going live tomorrow morning: a very thick olive wool tweed from Magee, and a Navy full-weight Brisbane Moss moleskin with a wide wale corduroy collar. I'll get them online and post them here tonight first if I can.
Hyped for the moleskin! Will the collar be matching or contrast color?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads