• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guys, real quick. We FINALLY got our Fall Rivet Chino delivery!! Bought back 172 finished units from the factory.

Turns out that they cut and made more Rivets in Mushroom Herringbone than we originally thought. I've got 13 pieces available for open stock and they're freaking rad. They're also a perfect match to the Sierra Vest and Sinclair in the same cloth. PLUS I have about 20 yards left on the roll in case you want to buy a chino and then commission a matching Sportcoat, Doyle, or Field Jacket.

Here's the link to check it out.

We have them priced at $195, but they're a bit over $165 with the code rivet15.

These are officially the heaviest and warmest Rivets that we've ever done. Once they're zapped, there won't be any more available outside of custom. If you dig the Rivet and you live somewhere cold, you're going to love them!

Rivet Tweed Main.jpg
Rivet Tweed Detail.jpg
Rivet Tweed Side.jpg
Rivet Tweed Rear.jpg
Rivet Tweed Cuff.jpg
Carter and Chino Fit Pic.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got more rivets to show! Check out how nicely the 14oz Kaihara denim made up. Couple notes on this:

1) Our open stock is really tight, after the launch this morning we have about 9 or 10 more units available.
2) The denim is excellent! Kind of a medium heavyweight and a perfect versatile shade of indigo.
3) This is a rad alternative to the usual 5 pocket jean. The twill taping is a nice detail on the outseam and the fit is right in line with our standard chinos.
4) This denim is gonna fade like a beast.
5) We did a simple rinse at the dye house and it made a world of difference. The chinos are preshrunk and broken in when you receive them. We use a regular quarter inch hem at the bottom, so no worries about getting them chainstitched if you want to shorten the inseam.
6) The price is great... they're under $125 if you use the code rivet15. HERE'S THE LINK TO SEE MORE AND BUY A PAIR

Rivet Denim Main.jpg
Rivet Denim Detail.jpg
Rivet Denim Side.jpg
Rivet Denim Rear.jpg
Rivet Denim Cuff.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hope that you guys are having a great Halloween! Any good costumes out there?

It might be 2021 and it might be Hollywood instead of Brooklyn, but it was good to see that someone is still bopping all the way back to Coney Island…

AE60C7F9-57FA-4680-A74E-99279F89943F.jpeg

Unrelated to the holiday, here’s a boss fit pic of our collab Sashiko Sinclair with J.Press….

FB7B9CD9-1E8A-42D8-A470-7C3A66053FAE.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, couple of quick notes on preorders and production:

1) The long-awaited corduroy Doyles (preorder & stock) should be ready to ship out by 11/16. They're well in work now.

2) We should have our Chainstitch shirts ready by this Friday. I'll remind everyone of the preorder project in a dedicated post, but we'll accept preorders until Thursday. If you place your order up front, you'll get a discounted price, your choice of dye color, and your choice of button. We'll have some extra stock for sure, but you can save money and personalize it by ordering it up front.

3) Tomorrow we'll launch the preorder for our 75 incoming Sashiko Doyles. These are going to be the ONLY Sashiko Doyles that we have until approximately March 2022.

Our preorder round last Winter went totally sideways due to the pandemic surge, and what should have taken 6 weeks, took like 16 weeks. That won't be the case. These jackets are already cut and in work. Like the chainstitch shirts, you're placing orders against our pre-determined incoming inventory. These will finish sewing with the corduroy pieces on 11/15, and then we're looking at an additional 7-10 days for dye, buttons, and finishing. So they'll 100% ship out in November.

You'll be able to choose from four colors (Indigo, Gunmetal, Mink, Aubergine) and they'll be priced at $195 via preorder. You can choose brown buttons, undyed cream buttons, or two different luxe upgrades (River white mother of pearl, Tahitian black mother of pearl) and they're freaking rad. First time that we've ever offered these kind of buttons on a Sashiko Doyle!

I know that quite a lot of our preorders took way longer than promised. It's still a fight to get caught up, but this new paradigm (taking preorders after clothing is cut and in work) will make our turnaround and delivery time faster than it's ever been.

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, couple of quick notes on preorders and production:

1) The long-awaited corduroy Doyles (preorder & stock) should be ready to ship out by 11/15. They're well in work now.

2) We should have our Chainstitch shirts ready by this Friday. I'll remind everyone of the preorder project in a dedicated post, but we'll accept preorders until Thursday. If you place your order up front, you'll get a discounted price, your choice of dye color, and your choice of button. We'll have some extra stock for sure, but you can save money and personalize it by ordering it up front.

3) Tomorrow we'll launch the preorder for our 75 incoming Sashiko Doyles. These are going to be the ONLY Sashiko Doyles that we have until approximately March 2021.

Our preorder round last Winter went totally sideways due to the pandemic surge, and what should have taken 6 weeks, took like 16 weeks. That won't be the case. These jackets are already cut and in work. Like the chainstitch shirts, you're placing orders against our pre-determined incoming inventory. These will finish sewing with the corduroy pieces on 11/15, and then we're looking at an additional 7-10 days for dye, buttons, and finishing. So they'll 100% ship out in November.

You'll be able to choose from four colors (Indigo, Gunmetal, Mink, Aubergine) and they'll be priced at $195 via preorder. You can choose brown buttons, undyed cream buttons, or two different luxe upgrades (River white mother of pearl, Tahitian black mother of pearl) and they're freaking rad. First time that we've ever offered these kind of buttons on a Sashiko Doyle!

I know that quite a lot of our preorders took way longer than promised. It's still a fight to get caught up, but this new paradigm (taking preorders after clothing is cut and in work) will make our turnaround and delivery time faster than it's ever been.

Are these going to be RTC Doyles or made in LA?

Also, assume you meant last Sashiko Doyles until March 2022 (not 2021)?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are these going to be RTC Doyles or made in LA?

Also, assume you meant last Sashiko Doyles until March 2022 (not 2021)?

Oh yes, last Sashiko Doyles until March 2022. We have NO more fabric for Doyle's after this, and with the sea freight s***show happening right now, it's going to be months before we can get more cloth onto a boat.

These Doyles are all made in LA. They're actually getting really close to finishing. Size 38's are already finished, and the rest of the scale is running through pretty quickly. It's possible that they'll finish end of this week, but end of next (Nov 12th) is a very realistic deadline.

As it stands, we're planning to pick up all of the Doyles on Tuesday, Nov 16th.. that's when we'll be back from the NYC trunk show. We'll be shipping out the Corduroy preorders ASAP. These Sashiko Doyles will all be made up in white, with no buttons. The preorder launching today is going to offer your choice of color and buttons. We'll divide the Doyles into color batches and take them to the dye house that day. Figure about 7 working days for dyeing. Then they go back to the factory for buttons and finishing. I have every confidence that we can have them on the way to customers right before or immediately after Thanksgiving. This is going to be the fastest preorder turnaround in the history of Epaulet preorders. And this is how I'm intending to run LA-based projects in the future.

Here's a finished size 38 as of this morning...

IMG_5178.JPG

And a size 40 in work....

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
More on this trunk show plz!

TRUNK SHOW.jpg

Here it is! I'm going to announce this via a newsletter today, but we're doing our first NYC trunk show since 2017!

We'll be showing:

1) Custom shirts with Individualized
2) Custom Doyles & Field Jackets with RTC
3) Sashiko Suiting
4) Overcoats

You'll get discounts and special incentives for any orders placed at the show. And it's a great opportunity to be fitted for our custom shapes!

And of course, it will just be really exciting to be back in NYC and see all of you guys again! We'll be holding the show on Friday after work and on Saturday afternoon.

The location is a private apartment on 3rd Ave and 13th street... so very close to all major subway lines. If you wouldn't mind RSVP'ing either through DM here or an email to [email protected], that would be awesome. Just so we can gauge how much to buy with snacks and refreshments.

Both me and Ming are fully vaccinated, and we'll both be happy to wear a mask for you upon request. I think we'll try to do some drinks afterwards on Friday night.. maybe right around the block at Beauty Bar or Otto's Shrunken Head on 14th street.

This is a really low-key and relaxed affair. I made it small scale and inexpensive on purpose. It's been so long since we've really interacted with customers, that I didn't want a lot of stress and pressure to sell a crazy amount or have some huge event.

So if you want to pop by and just say hello, please feel free! Would be great to see everyone again! I'll post the address and more details shortly.

thegenius

Reaction score
@Epaulet, 1 month has now passed, you aren't replying to my emails. You haven't shipped anything and you haven't issue me any refunds on the outstanding 4 trousers. Since you aren't replying directly I can't tell if you don't have the product or are intentionally avoiding issuing a refund.

Hey guys,

Hope that you all are well and thanks for all of the notes and feedback. I want to be transparent about things so I'll break this into four sections:

1) We've been in regular contact with @thegenius throughout this process, and I sincerely apologize for the issues that he's had. For his specific trousers -- which were custom Wilhelms -- we've actually paid for both the fabric and the make on them twice. They are scheduled to ship out to us from Rochester around the end of next week.

Our first time was last year in Los Angeles. You guys might recall that we did an order round for custom Rivets and Wilhelms. These had to be cut a small sample room as our usual factory cannot make individual pants, just jackets. They took fabric and payment for about 25 pairs of Wilhelms and then closed up shop. There's actually a pair of Natural Sashiko trousers in there for Ming as well... which he bought months before he started working with us.

We kept trying to get them done last year and eventually settled on sending the cloth and orders to Hertling. They should have arrived this past Summer along with the 70-odd pants that we successfully received from hertling, but none of the Wilhelms were made. That fabric, and the payment for those units, was lost once again. When we buy stuff at wholesale like this, we pay via a bank transfer, so there is no chargeback or real recourse. It's not a ton of money or a ton of units, but it did anger and inconvenience quite a few of our customers.

The ball is now in Hickey Freeman's court. We have around 30 trousers leaving next week, which will largely be super old backorders from this ill-fated Wilhelm round and some lost Southwick & Hertling units. We are keeping track of any and all unfulfilled orders and no one is going to get cheated out of their product. They're also the best pants maker that we've ever used, so I'm happy to say that the final product will be superior to both the LA and Hertling units that were originally scheduled.

pekingman

Reaction score
@Epaulet Hi Eva - just a couple of quick questions:

(1) I recall that the rivet chino now has a double stitched rear seam - can you confirm that the pants can still be taken in at the waist if needed (albeit with a bit more work than previously);

(2) Are there any winter-thickness moleskin options on the horizon (as opposed to the mid-weight fabric currently listed). My pair from Hertling has been a wardrobe staple here on windy days for the last couple of winters - I probably should to add another pair to share the workload though ...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet, 1 month has now passed, you aren't replying to my emails. You haven't shipped anything and you haven't issue me any refunds on the outstanding 4 trousers. Since you aren't replying directly I can't tell if you don't have the product or are intentionally avoiding issuing a refund.

Hey, we actually just received your first pair on Monday. It's a crosscut pique pair that looks amazing! Since you're in Canada, I was going to wait and consolidate, but let me get this shipped out to you first so you've got something in hand. You'll receive the shipping details via email.

And any communication should be directed right to Ming at [email protected]. He can absolutely respond to you. I don't have exact dates for when the remaining goods will arrive, but it will be very soon, and you'll be the first to know when we get invoiced for your incoming goods.

@Epaulet Hi Eva - just a couple of quick questions:

(1) I recall that the rivet chino now has a double stitched rear seam - can you confirm that the pants can still be taken in at the waist if needed (albeit with a bit more work than previously);

(2) Are there any winter-thickness moleskin options on the horizon (as opposed to the mid-weight fabric currently listed). My pair from Hertling has been a wardrobe staple here on windy days for the last couple of winters - I probably should to add another pair to share the workload though ...

Hey there! Yes you can absolutely have the Rivet chinos taken in, they just can't be let out any longer.

And yes, I have actually a very heavyweight navy moleskin available. We'll have a Doyle jacket in this fabric around the end of next week. It's the same super heavy Brisbane Moss fabric that we ran with Hertling like 8 years ago. That's the only color, but we can do custom trousers through RTC for $275.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, last Sashiko Doyles until March 2022. We have NO more fabric for Doyle's after this, and with the sea freight s***show happening right now, it's going to be months before we can get more cloth onto a boat.

These Doyles are all made in LA. They're actually getting really close to finishing. Size 38's are already finished, and the rest of the scale is running through pretty quickly. It's possible that they'll finish end of this week, but end of next (Nov 12th) is a very realistic deadline.

As it stands, we're planning to pick up all of the Doyles on Tuesday, Nov 16th.. that's when we'll be back from the NYC trunk show. We'll be shipping out the Corduroy preorders ASAP. These Sashiko Doyles will all be made up in white, with no buttons. The preorder launching today is going to offer your choice of color and buttons. We'll divide the Doyles into color batches and take them to the dye house that day. Figure about 7 working days for dyeing. Then they go back to the factory for buttons and finishing. I have every confidence that we can have them on the way to customers right before or immediately after Thanksgiving. This is going to be the fastest preorder turnaround in the history of Epaulet preorders. And this is how I'm intending to run LA-based projects in the future.

Here's a finished size 38 as of this morning...

View attachment 1696561

And a size 40 in work....

For the same size, are the pre-order Doyles being cut smaller than previous ones? I see the size chart for the preorder is consistent smaller than other ready to ship Doyles on the site

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For the same size, are the pre-order Doyles being cut smaller than previous ones? I see the size chart for the preorder is consistent smaller than other ready to ship Doyles on the site

So... exact Sashiko sizing is a moving target.

Our last batch from the Spring (Nutmeg & Sapphire) made up a bit larger than I would have liked. So we brought in the pattern for this group. We tested it already and the final result was right on spec. Since we're dealing with shrinkage, there's a chance that the production will vary a bit from this baseline, but I'm confident that they'll be basically the size that they should be... to a tiny bit smaller. The measurements online are kind of covering our ass, but I'd strongly recommend to get your typical Doyle size. Definitely don't size down.

If you're a 36 or a 46, definitely preorder a unit if you want one. There's 4 pieces of open stock in 36 and only 2 in 46. Only preorder jackets will get the MOP buttons or the natural buttons. And chances are that I'll limit open stock to Indigo, Gunmetal, and maybe a bit of Aubergine. Mink and Natural will surely be preorder only.

Very serious about the quoted timeline on this! @L.I.T. is going to our new facility twice a week and constantly checking in. Sewing should be done right on Monday the 15th, and buttons placed right after that. All of these pieces are shipping out 3rd and 4th week of November. It's easy and makes sense to run garment dye projects like this, as we're going to make everything in white regardless. I love being able to ship preorders within several weeks rather than several months.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads