• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goalaso

Reaction score
I'd be happy to if people are interested. I stopped going to commercial gyms as it is a few years ago and do all my strength training at home with kettlebells. Took up cycling in a big way a few years ago too so during the winter all my cycling is indoors. Able to get in about 10 hours a week cycling, 4 hours strength and 2-3 hours yoga/mobility. No gym needed :)
How do you like that Tacx smart trainer? I've only ever used rollers, but I'm curious

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like that Tacx smart trainer? I've only ever used rollers, but I'm curious
I love it. It is super smooth and pretty quiet. With the built in power meter and bluetooth connection it syncs easily with any platform (TrainerRoad, Sufferfest, Zwift). It's making it hard for me to train outdoors haha.

I've never used rollers but I definitely appreciate them.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet … Hi Eva! I haven’t been a watch guy, but there was one you posted a few or many years back that still enters my mind whenever I think about buying a watch. If you remember, I’d love a reminder. It think it was a Seiko; and pretty inexpensive. Unfortunately, with my luck it’s gone now.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Eva,

First, congratulations. I offer yet another +1 to how supportive this community is, even if I mostly lurk. It's nice to see you on camera!

Second, it's actually awesome to see your daughter peeking through now and again. Right now I know is a hard time for a lot of parents, but there's also this great opportunity for all sorts of kids staying at home with their parents to have unique and fun experiences. She's adorable! (P.S. is your front door a TARDIS? You totally have the right blue, assuming that's your front door I saw a few pictures back).

Third, I'm curious if there's going to be any shirting EFF any time soon. A good chunk of my work wardrobe is EFF shirts from the past few years, and it's one of the things I most appreciate of your offerings. I totally understand if now is not a good time for that, but I wanted to express support for keeping that alive. I have shoes, belts, a whole buttload of shirts and such from Epaulet, but thus far only one (bright pink linen, it's awesome) Doyle. I'm not as much of a pants or formalwear guy -- there's just no real call for it in my work or life. I'll keep watching for more offbeat clothing and support the business when I can -- I love the quality and care in everything you come up with.

Stay safe!

@cosmicstring thank you so much! Everyone here and on IG live has been wonderful, and it definitely feels good to be back. I'm going to do a live broadcast tomorrow, and I'm always open to any questions on feedback on it.

And thanks for the compliments on Josie.. she's a wonderful little girl and definitely facing all of the challenges that a lot of kids are dealing with. We're trying to make the best of it, and there's lots of Ipad video chats.

Which is a tip for the parents out there: I'm letting Josie bring the ipad up to her room and keep on facetime with her friends as long as she wants. Lets them feel like they're playing together and it really lifts their spirits.

In terms of a shirting EFF... I'm honestly not sure where Gitman is at, and they're kind of slow even when we don't have this crisis going on. But I'm thinking to do a quick project with Individualized on basic blues and whites.

Something like this: you buy two shirts for $255 and you can choose Blue Oxford, White Oxford, Blue Broadcloth, and White Broadcloth. If you need assistance with sizing then we can do a Facetime or Whatsapp video chat to nail it down. Just a way to get some easy basics, and these are entirely made to order.

Oh and how rad that you got the Pink Doyle!! We only sold three of them, so you're in good company!!

@Epaulet … Hi Eva! I haven’t been a watch guy, but there was one you posted a few or many years back that still enters my mind whenever I think about buying a watch. If you remember, I’d love a reminder. It think it was a Seiko; and pretty inexpensive. Unfortunately, with my luck it’s gone now.

Oh yes, it's still very much there, but let me throw out four rec's for you actually....

This thing is beautiful in person (I've seen't it) and the blue dial is amazing. Bit over $500...
seiko-automatic-presage-sarx045-deep-blue-dial-made-in-japan_589_1200x.jpg

This is pretty great for under $400 and you're one of the few guys IMO with the juice to pull it off...

seiko-automatic-presage-sary128-made-in-japan_220_2640x.jpg

This watch is made by an Epaulet customer and a veteran.. and he assembles them in the USA. There's a few different colors and they're around $800. Beautiful treatment on the bezels!
Astor_Banks_Straight_StainlessSteel_White_smaller_1000x1000.png

This company Undone is kind of interesting. Never seen one in person, but the styling is really nice for around $300 and there's a whole custom program that you can use...

Urban_TypeXX_Panda-1.png

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and two other rec's for everyone out there:

1) If you're on Instagram and you want to follow my new personal account, my username is @evakuhleofficial

I know that sounds kind of pompous but @evakuhle was taken, so I figured WTH. Compared to my @mikekuhle account, there's less Swiss watches but more selfies and less muttonchops but more pics of Josie wearing five different patterned garments all at the same time. I'm going to put a lot more work content on there too.

2) If you need something to listen to while working at home and you like hip hop, then my friend from NYC does an awesome show called "Dis Is a Test." He mixes a lot himself and has live guests and pretty funny banter. It's part of an app called Mixcloud. The host's name is Stone Tone and he's a former NYC bike messenger and a great guy. It's all free and nice to have playing in the background. I can see guys like @Duke Silver and @L.I.T. really digging this

Finding all the episodes is a pain **********, but the best way is to go here and then paste Dis Is A Test into the search field to spawn all 28 episodes.

07cc-f46f-4706-835c-6344bfd8f940

veedubhkg

Reaction score
In terms of a shirting EFF... I'm honestly not sure where Gitman is at, and they're kind of slow even when we don't have this crisis going on. But I'm thinking to do a quick project with Individualized on basic blues and whites.

Something like this: you buy two shirts for $255 and you can choose Blue Oxford, White Oxford, Blue Broadcloth, and White Broadcloth. If you need assistance with sizing then we can do a Facetime or Whatsapp video chat to nail it down. Just a way to get some easy basics, and these are entirely made to order.

I hope "British Oxford Univeristy stripe" could be included as I've been wanting one since watching the character played by Charlie Hunnam rocking similar shirt in the movie "The Gentlemen"...
822.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do You Own Your Own Business And Offer Things We All Might Like?

Just like the title says... all of us small business owners are in a really tight spot right now. If any of you guys offer products or services that the rest of us might be able to support, then by all means.. please post up the link here. If you have an Instagram account, then please include your username for that and I'll give you a shoutout on our IG stories too.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I hope "British Oxford Univeristy stripe" could be included as I've been wanting one since watching the character played by Charlie Hunnam rocking similar shirt in the movie "The Gentlemen"...
822.jpg

DONE!! I'll definitely include that too.. and the grey oxford.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Eva,

First, congratulations. I offer yet another +1 to how supportive this community is, even if I mostly lurk. It's nice to see you on camera!

Second, it's actually awesome to see your daughter peeking through now and again. Right now I know is a hard time for a lot of parents, but there's also this great opportunity for all sorts of kids staying at home with their parents to have unique and fun experiences. She's adorable! (P.S. is your front door a TARDIS? You totally have the right blue, assuming that's your front door I saw a few pictures back).

Third, I'm curious if there's going to be any shirting EFF any time soon. A good chunk of my work wardrobe is EFF shirts from the past few years, and it's one of the things I most appreciate of your offerings. I totally understand if now is not a good time for that, but I wanted to express support for keeping that alive. I have shoes, belts, a whole buttload of shirts and such from Epaulet, but thus far only one (bright pink linen, it's awesome) Doyle. I'm not as much of a pants or formalwear guy -- there's just no real call for it in my work or life. I'll keep watching for more offbeat clothing and support the business when I can -- I love the quality and care in everything you come up with.

Stay safe!
Right on, another pink doyle! Apparently you and I make up 2/3 of the customer base.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Oh and two other rec's for everyone out there:

1) If you're on Instagram and you want to follow my new personal account, my username is @evakuhleofficial

I know that sounds kind of pompous but @evakuhle was taken, so I figured WTH. Compared to my @mikekuhle account, there's less Swiss watches but more selfies and less muttonchops but more pics of Josie wearing five different patterned garments all at the same time. I'm going to put a lot more work content on there too.

2) If you need something to listen to while working at home and you like hip hop, then my friend from NYC does an awesome show called "Dis Is a Test." He mixes a lot himself and has live guests and pretty funny banter. It's part of an app called Mixcloud. The host's name is Stone Tone and he's a former NYC bike messenger and a great guy. It's all free and nice to have playing in the background. I can see guys like @Duke Silver and @L.I.T. really digging this

Finding all the episodes is a pain **********, but the best way is to go here and then paste Dis Is A Test into the search field to spawn all 28 episodes.

07cc-f46f-4706-835c-6344bfd8f940

Definitely going to check it out. Office closing over today too. Brooklyn Radio is good channel too on mixcloud and Jazzcat for you jazz guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads