• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Todd V

Reaction score
DUDE! Good idea... I was actually thinking to do a little ripstop capsule with the Doyle & Rivet in Olive & Navy ripstop.

@Epaulet have you thought about doing a field jacket? Has that trend broken and returned to the sea? I’m not too up on things these days. But I love a field jacket.

A rip stop Doyle in olive will probably do me.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sinclairs in ripstop as well, Mike?

@losrockets would be dope... I'll have to sample that too!

@Epaulet have you thought about doing a field jacket? Has that trend broken and returned to the sea? I’m not too up on things these days. But I love a field jacket.

A rip stop Doyle in olive will probably do me.

Oh yes, we made a field jacket shape last year!

32875762_391667301340736_4551330380614991872_n.jpg

I think that this piece was dope, but the shape wasn't a great seller. I'm open to suggestions on changes and improvements if you guys have any thoughts on it

POR VIDA!!!!

Button hole

Reaction score
First time customer here. Just got my denim bomber. I love it! I was surprised to see when reading your measurements that I was a 42 - I am almost always a 44. But the jacket fits great.

I have to ask, as an “athletic” fit person. I was pretty stoked to see your Wilhelm fit, but nothing in my size atm. Will there be a restock of Wilhelm denim in size 40?

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
Got my first Epaulet piece yesterday and gotta day I’m impressed. Will definitely be ordering another Doyle jacket in the future.
Also ignore the awful college dorm door lol

Attachments

• 46F03F2A-C046-4984-82D3-DC076D255B00.jpeg
    46F03F2A-C046-4984-82D3-DC076D255B00.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 56

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First time customer here. Just got my denim bomber. I love it! I was surprised to see when reading your measurements that I was a 42 - I am almost always a 44. But the jacket fits great.

I have to ask, as an “athletic” fit person. I was pretty stoked to see your Wilhelm fit, but nothing in my size atm. Will there be a restock of Wilhelm denim in size 40?

@Button hole fantastic.. so glad to hear that you like the bomber! I absolutely love that piece, and we'll definitely bring out some new options for Spring. I'm biased obvi, but I think its one of the best denim jackets on the market. It's an easy and functional shape that's distinct from the usual trucker design.

Regarding Wilhelm.. we're absolutely restocking the chinos big time. I'll bring in some stock up to size 40. We'll also offer a full MTO program for both the Rivet Chino and the Wilhelm Chino that will offer a range of fabrics, every possible size, finished inseams. and a quick turnaround. Hoping to roll that out by early Feb.

Wilhelm jeans.... I'm honestly not too sure. Jeans are always harder for us as they tend to have less demand than the chinos, and they have a higher return rate. I have some ideas for denim in 2020, but it may be more of a distinct project with different branding. So at the moment, the Wilhelm jeans that are on sale are the last Wilhelm jeans that I'm planning. But the chinos will come back, and I'm planning to offer both a Japanese denim and a chambray as part of our MTO fabric offerings.

Got my first Epaulet piece yesterday and gotta day I’m impressed. Will definitely be ordering another Doyle jacket in the future.
Also ignore the awful college dorm door lol

@JewishAmericana so great... thank you for picking it up! The craftsmanship on that Ikat cloth is really incredible and I hope you get a ton of wear out of it for this upcoming season!

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet The green wool field jacket I bought last year might be my favorite piece of Epaulet outerwear - and I say that as someone w/ 5 Doyles. If I had to guess as to why they haven't been better sellers, I would think maybe they haven't been presented in a manner that really differentiates them from the Doyles. I feel like you do a really good job in showing how the Doyles sorta straddle the line between outerwear and a stand-in for a blazer, but I feel like that doesn't hold true for the field jacket. Maybe it's a matter of only doing the field jacket in full-on outerwear fabrics like heavier wools and styling them w/ scarves or gloves and beanies for the product shots rather than making them part of an outfit the way you do w/ the Doyles.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another sf affiliate implies FJs really differentiate around how pockets are executed. i’d argue that the sateen cotton and covert print are the strongest elements of the deanFJ.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet The green wool field jacket I bought last year might be my favorite piece of Epaulet outerwear - and I say that as someone w/ 5 Doyles. If I had to guess as to why they haven't been better sellers, I would think maybe they haven't been presented in a manner that really differentiates them from the Doyles. I feel like you do a really good job in showing how the Doyles sorta straddle the line between outerwear and a stand-in for a blazer, but I feel like that doesn't hold true for the field jacket. Maybe it's a matter of only doing the field jacket in full-on outerwear fabrics like heavier wools and styling them w/ scarves or gloves and beanies for the product shots rather than making them part of an outfit the way you do w/ the Doyles.

Yeah, good point for sure. Doyles are a bit easier to rationalize as they can be either outerwear or a Sportcoat replacement. I did them in Melton wool two years ago, but the delivery was late and a plain grey wool FJ isn’t gonna set the world on fire. Could definitely be worth revisiting for this Fall.

Some wear shots of a few things...

First the nice fading on this midnight silk denim doyle as well as a what it looks like worn:
View attachment 1320066
View attachment 1320067

And then the hunter cashmere/wool blend I ordered in a custom sinclair that turned out really great.

View attachment 1320068 View attachment 1320069

wow the “Ultrafleck” Doyle looks so freaking good! I’ve actually had people asking about that recently, but the cloth is sadly all gone. That Sinclair is a great fit on you too. Thanks for posting the pics!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance of bringing back the Eisenhower or another zippered lightweight jacket?

that was a cool piece... Golden bear actually made that back in the day. We’d be talking like a $375 retail to do that with them now so probably not possible, but I’m definitely considering our bomber jacket in some lighter fabrics for Spring

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I'm offering unsolicited request, I'd love to see some chainstitch chambray shirts in other solid colors (red? brown? green?) and with another half inch or inch in the sleeve length...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads