• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LankyFellow

Reaction score

As a tall guy looking around the store for the first time, I'm a little sad. There's so many beautiful garments that are just a bit too short. Have you guys considere carrying trousers in 36 inseam, and making your sport coats/jackets in a long option? 

As a fellow tall guy I sympathize with your plight in general. I am 6'5" and still find that while their inseams for Walts say 34, they fit just right and have plenty to let out. I believe Mike has said like an inch and a half.

Also they do offer longs in jackets but they are special orders that you have to request. They are final sale though so you gotta be sure. Mike worked a long time with me to get the right size and the final product turned out great.

oisin

Reaction score

As a fellow tall guy I sympathize with your plight in general. I am 6'5" and still find that while their inseams for Walts say 34, they fit just right and have plenty to let out. I believe Mike has said like an inch and a half.
Also they do offer longs in jackets but they are special orders that you have to request. They are final sale though so you gotta be sure. Mike worked a long time with me to get the right size and the final product turned out great.

/agree. unfortunately it looks like the new sport coats are not available in custom sizes.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TheloniusDrunk - I've also had success with 2 special order long size jackets (I'm 6'4"). But like oisin pointed out, it looks like most of the new sport coats are not available for special order. They looked pretty incredible tho, so I'm sure the ones they have won't last long.

AML225

Reaction score
It looks like the Petrol Blue walts have a bit sheen/shine to them, is that just the picture or are they kinda of shiny? I would love if they were more of a flat blue.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Jesus mary and joseph Mike those sportcoats are so ******* ace.

Haha, thanks. ******* ace-ness is our goal!

/agree. unfortunately it looks like the new sport coats are not available in custom sizes.

Yes, sadly our fabric was pretty limited on them. Both Navy & Loro Piana can be custom ordered in lengths though.

It looks like the Petrol Blue walts have a bit sheen/shine to them, is that just the picture or are they kinda of shiny? I would love if they were more of a flat blue.

Egyptian cotton has a high thread count, so it's a little shiny in the beginning - a bit like a fine bedsheet. With a few washes though, that shine is going to be more subdued. A little bit like raw denim.

As a tall guy looking around the store for the first time, I'm a little sad. There's so many beautiful garments that are just a bit too short. Have you guys considere carrying trousers in 36 inseam, and making your sport coats/jackets in a long option? 

The existing trousers can be let out to a 36" inseam. And we can easily take special orders on trousers with a 38" unfinished inseam. And many of our jackets can be ordered in a long or x-long, depending on fabric availability.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How tall are you? 36 is crazy long for dress trousers. I'm 6'6" and get mine tailored much closer to a 34 depending on if I want half or no break.

I will do 36+ in denim to stack and protect against shrinkage.

kumizi

Reaction score
The grape sportcoat looks sick. I almost wish it came with matching trousers as I rarely rock sportcoat only.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oooh the papaya 7 oz rivet is tempting...

dgonsh

Reaction score
well, looks like french blue 7oz'ers are up. i already know im gonna regret passing on the 36 if for some reason i miss out on the ducks ive been waiting for. *fingers crossed*

dgonsh

Reaction score
i honestly want both french blue and caramel, but i have plenty of "beige/brown/khaki" pants. i have nothing as unique as those french blues. living in a colder climate and on a limited budget, the heavier weight duck canvas just makes more sense for me.

p.s. i dont think ive ever been this eager to pay regular retail price for something. its so unlike me. testament to the service and uniqueness that the epaulet family brings.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics