• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks for tumbrling(?) that! It's always awesome to see who else picks it up. We had a ton of fun setting up this shot (which was all my girlfriend's idea this time) and it's been tough waiting to post something since I've had the pants for a few weeks now. They are really fantastic; I'm so glad I won them.

I wish I could keep the Fiat around somewhere but unfortunately I realized it just doesn't make sense to have two cars living downtown. Luckily we got a lot of enjoyment out of that car so while I'll be sad to see it go, it was certainly worth it's while to have it when I did. I have it on ebay and it's seen some decent bidding so far. We'll see where it ends up.

Last edited:

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7039142995_8c5d6f05c9_z.jpg

7039149693_c8e4eef49f_z.jpg

Loving the French Blues.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Awesome look TK....the more I see the French Blues the more I'm mad I missed them. I need to jump on the lightweight canvas version the second they drop.

These and the Caramel ducks have quickly become my favorite pants. It's a struggle not to wear them every day...still got work to do on my New Standards. The lightweight version sounds awesome. Hopefully I can pick up another color in that weight when it comes out.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

7039142995_8c5d6f05c9_z.jpg

7039149693_c8e4eef49f_z.jpg
Loving the French Blues.

^ Awesome look TK....the more I see the French Blues the more I'm mad I missed them. I need to jump on the lightweight canvas version the second they drop.

+1.

What am I supposed to do if I wear a size 31? Based on the measurements, none of the trousers would fit my 32" waist :cry:

ibitegirls

Reaction score
FYI I have a 31" waist and the 32" rivet chinos fit fine.

i would size up and then wash them in warm water to get little bit of shrinkage. I've tried the 32" and 33" rivet chinos and both fit me great. the 32" was tight at first but loosened up after I wore them in, and 33" is little bit more roomier but not too much.

so in the end I think its better to size up because you have more to work with

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got a pair of Rivet Chinos today in the new fit (adjustable waistband). I took the same size as I always have in the previous fit, but like Mike warned, they're a little bit tighter in the seat.

These fit great everywhere except for the waist and seat (a little bit hard to button that last button). Since the fit in the thighs, calves, etc. are great, would it be advisable to exchange these for a pair one size up, or to just take these to the tailor and let out the waist by an inch or so?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey guys,
Got a pair of Rivet Chinos today in the new fit (adjustable waistband). I took the same size as I always have in the previous fit, but like Mike warned, they're a little bit tighter in the seat.
These fit great everywhere except for the waist and seat (a little bit hard to button that last button). Since the fit in the thighs, calves, etc. are great, would it be advisable to exchange these for a pair one size up, or to just take these to the tailor and let out the waist by an inch or so?

If you're good everywhere else, let the waist out holmes. If the thighs are tight, I'd size up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads