Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

2. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I hesitate to recommend this, but another option is to try a controlled shrink in the dryer, perhaps at low heat or for a short time period. I have found that I can get the Epaulet large shirts to fit me quite well after a shrink. I have a similar procedure with cotton Rudys, although I am still experimenting. I could probably buy either the 33 or the 34. So I buy the 34, then let them shrink a little. My wool Rudys I just have to have taken in by a tailer. But proceed with caution.

3. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

I travel for a week on business and I come back to hear this awesomeness:

Polos. Hell yes. I have quite a few of the Kent Wang polos, and one of the long sleeve version, and I love them. I'd love some in Epaulet choice cloth and colors though!

Unstructured Italian-style jacket. Oh I hope this fits me. I've stayed away from the suiting so far since the fit just wasn't quite right for me, but maybe this one will work.

4. janky fish

janky fish Well-Known Member

anyone have pics of the butterscotch canvas walts or rudys? i'm tempted to pull the trigger, but don't know if i could pull them off.

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Why don't you think you can pull them off? They look like regular beige/khaki tone to me.

I got the Navy Awning Trousers today. I'm pretty happy I pulled the trigger. The pants is pretty over the top, but in a good way. The hand on them is pretty soft as well, drapey material for sure. I thought it would be stiffer since it's 50% cotton, 50% linen.

6. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

Oh man - if you can wear any other walt or Rudy trouser- then you can most definitely wear the butterscotch canvas. I just tried them on in store a week ago-- I'm probably getting them soon. It's just a refined twist on a classic, not sure why you have doubts.

7. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

When are the cotton walts dropping? So excite.

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

yup.

As far as the butterscotch canvas, it really is a golden khaki...saw them in store the other day, very nice.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

If anyone still wants a pair of those limited Olive Epaulet x Staple Rivet chinos that sold out a few weeks ago, I have a size 34 that I need to let go. They're like new, I only wore them around the house for a couple hours, which was long enough for me to know that they're too snug in the thighs for me. These are slightly slimmer than the traditional Rivet fit, and since I'm primarily a Rudy customer, these unfortunately aren't going to work for me. Willing to let these go at cost ($85) and I'll eat the shipping. I'm going to list these on B&S, but I wanted to give the Epaulet faithful a chance to grab them first!

EDIT - these are sold!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  10. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

Used chinos and boots all sold. Thanks, gents. Epaulet rocks!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  11. sharkminusbear

sharkminusbear Senior member

I have a quick question about the shirt sizing. Would a small be definitely too tight for a 38 chest and 31 waist? It looks like it would fit perfectly in the arms, neck, and waist, but I'm worried the chest would pull against the buttons.

Also, is there a way to special order blazers in short sizes? (I really like the cuts, but I need something closer to a 28" length)

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I have those exact same measurements and find the medium shirt to fit almost perfectly. It could be a little slimmer in the waist, but not enough for me to bother tailoring it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  13. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I've dug around and can't find any pics of the rumored Epaulet tuxedo. Can anyone point me to the post?

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

For a special order on the blazers, just call, email, or send a PM to the store and they'll take care of you - there's no direct way to do it on the website. I've special ordered 2 jackets and the process couldn't have been smoother.

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Agree with the other comments. They are really a pretty straightforward color. Should wear mine this week. I'll try to post a photo.