• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
df04185f.jpg

epaulet, alden

Simplicio

Reaction score

What did you decide on the in-between sizing?

I'm having a similar issue with the Rudy's. I can wear both a 32 and a 30, and I can't make up my mind!

The 32 fits me great when I first get them, but the seat looks baggy and needs to be taken in after I stretch them a bit.I like the extra room in the thigh, but it's pretty negligible between the two sizes.

The 30's fit me like a glove to start with, and I'm sure they'll be perfect once I let the waist out an inch and they stretch. My only worry is that the snugness in the seat might tear the lighter, wool fabrics while I'm stretching them out (the cotton fabrics are thick enough that I don't feel this is an issue).

What do you guys think? Stick with a 32 and take the seat/waist in, or get 30's and let the waist out an inch?

I hesitate to recommend this, but another option is to try a controlled shrink in the dryer, perhaps at low heat or for a short time period. I have found that I can get the Epaulet large shirts to fit me quite well after a shrink. I have a similar procedure with cotton Rudys, although I am still experimenting. I could probably buy either the 33 or the 34. So I buy the 34, then let them shrink a little. My wool Rudys I just have to have taken in by a tailer. But proceed with caution.

MaxK

Reaction score
I travel for a week on business and I come back to hear this awesomeness:

Polos. Hell yes. I have quite a few of the Kent Wang polos, and one of the long sleeve version, and I love them. I'd love some in Epaulet choice cloth and colors though!

Unstructured Italian-style jacket. Oh I hope this fits me. I've stayed away from the suiting so far since the fit just wasn't quite right for me, but maybe this one will work.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone have pics of the butterscotch canvas walts or rudys? i'm tempted to pull the trigger, but don't know if i could pull them off.

Why don't you think you can pull them off? They look like regular beige/khaki tone to me.

I got the Navy Awning Trousers today. I'm pretty happy I pulled the trigger. The pants is pretty over the top, but in a good way. The hand on them is pretty soft as well, drapey material for sure. I thought it would be stiffer since it's 50% cotton, 50% linen.

captainfunk

Reaction score

anyone have pics of the butterscotch canvas walts or rudys? i'm tempted to pull the trigger, but don't know if i could pull them off.

Oh man - if you can wear any other walt or Rudy trouser- then you can most definitely wear the butterscotch canvas. I just tried them on in store a week ago-- I'm probably getting them soon. It's just a refined twist on a classic, not sure why you have doubts.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone still wants a pair of those limited Olive Epaulet x Staple Rivet chinos that sold out a few weeks ago, I have a size 34 that I need to let go. They're like new, I only wore them around the house for a couple hours, which was long enough for me to know that they're too snug in the thighs for me. These are slightly slimmer than the traditional Rivet fit, and since I'm primarily a Rudy customer, these unfortunately aren't going to work for me. Willing to let these go at cost ($85) and I'll eat the shipping. I'm going to list these on B&S, but I wanted to give the Epaulet faithful a chance to grab them first!

EDIT - these are sold!

Last edited:

sharkminusbear

Reaction score
I have a quick question about the shirt sizing. Would a small be definitely too tight for a 38 chest and 31 waist? It looks like it would fit perfectly in the arms, neck, and waist, but I'm worried the chest would pull against the buttons.

Also, is there a way to special order blazers in short sizes? (I really like the cuts, but I need something closer to a 28" length)

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a quick question about the shirt sizing. Would a small be definitely too tight for a 38 chest and 31 waist? It looks like it would fit perfectly in the arms, neck, and waist, but I'm worried the chest would pull against the buttons.

Also, is there a way to special order blazers in short sizes? (I really like the cuts, but I need something closer to a 28" length)

I have those exact same measurements and find the medium shirt to fit almost perfectly. It could be a little slimmer in the waist, but not enough for me to bother tailoring it.

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've dug around and can't find any pics of the rumored Epaulet tuxedo. Can anyone point me to the post?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For a special order on the blazers, just call, email, or send a PM to the store and they'll take care of you - there's no direct way to do it on the website. I've special ordered 2 jackets and the process couldn't have been smoother.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Agree with the other comments. They are really a pretty straightforward color. Should wear mine this week. I'll try to post a photo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads