• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys!
Thanks again for all of the well-wishes, Adele and I had a fantastic time in Italy. I'll post up some shots from our trip tomorrow.
And I'm officially back at work, and good lord, do we have a lot of good stuff here for you. Keep an eye out for all of this in the next 2-3 days:
The Cotton Walt collection: six colors of awesome twill Walt's for $150

Mike, my wallet cannot take it anymore!

Wouldn't a cotton Walt be essentially the chinos?

Darn - French Blue are gone?

I was surprised they even made it online. I thought all were spoken for already.

dgonsh

Reaction score
all i wanted were some caramels in 36 and im offline for a few hours after checking this thread daily for weeks and bam no more. oh woe is me!

if anyone snagged some (or french blues) in 36 and cares to part with them, lemme know :D

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Darn - French Blue are gone?

My apologies guys, almost all of the incoming French Blue's were reserved when I asked people to send PM's after the first delivery. Only about 4-5 pieces were put online, they were from reservation customers who decided against buying them.

Thanks for asking. They're similar, and there's a bit of crossover. But here's the main differences:

Cotton Walts:
7oz year-round cotton twill cloth. Very traditional "chino" fabric with a soft hand.
Medium rise and Walt fit
Double Curtain waistband
Zip fly

Rivet Chino
Done in a range of canvas and casual fabrics (wait until you guys see what we roll out next!)
Lower-rise slim-straight fit (similar to a jean)
Single curtain, slimmer waistband
Button fly and outseam taping

We developed these programs to offer our customers a bunch of great cotton, machine-washable trouser options. We'll constantly run basics in both styles (navy, khaki, gunmetal), and then they'll be a bunch of special colors and fabrics that come and go.

The Rivet Chinos are often worn instead of denim. They're a more casual pant overall, although plenty of guys dress them up when needed.

The Cotton Walts are more business-casual than the Rivet Chinos. They hold a shirt in beautifully and they'll look entirely appropriate with dressier looks.

Some guys prefer the Rivet Chino fit vs. the Walt fit, but the majority of our customers can wear both equally well.

And wait until you see the Brick Red Cotton Walt. Good lord. It's so freaking perfect. We'll put those online this Thursday.

pekingman

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been answered but what are the 6 colours of Walts landing on thursday?

According to this post (#10372) the six colors should be Navy, Brick, Cloud, Blaze, Khaki, and Gunmetal (clockwise from top-left)

Sigh. Now I have to choose between the gunmetal rivets and gunmetal twill cotton Walts (well maybe *have to* is a little strong ....)

Simplicio

Reaction score
I really like the look of the duck canvas but I have not been able to commit yet. I'm a Rudy guy, and I worry about the fit. I think my main concern is that the rise of the chinos will be too low for me. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tried a major alteration of the rise of the chinos, and how well that worked.

espen

Reaction score
Going to be a warm one in Toronto today, thought I'd take my racing green walts out for a spin (don't judge too harshly, I'm not as photographically inclined as some of you!)

Last edited:

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,
I was just checking to see if the rivets will be offered in any lighter weight chino type fabric.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would a small be definitely too tight for a 38 chest and 31 waist?

As others have said, an Epaulet Medium is probably great for you. I have the same measurements as you, and an Epaulet Medium and Ashland/Gitman Small fit me perfectly.

Just to highlight something -- for a lot of us, the extra few inches of rise is really a key difference. And having Walt-like construction at the $150 price point is an awesome deal.

Last edited:

ibitegirls

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? My gunmetals (worn about 4 times), are ripping near the left pocket where the top pocket lining connects to the side of the pant. The right pocket does not have this issue, should i be worried about this? I have no idea how this happened, I'm kind of mad actually
mad.gif

EDIT: Epaulet will take care of minor issue i had, disregard this post

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads