Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Those look real nice! I finally wore my Indys in full snow and woke up this morning after going out last night and found a bunch of glass in the sole. Very nice to have in this case and no slippage in ice :slayer:

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Heavyweight stone again today:
    [​IMG]

3. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

anyone can comment on epaulet XL and gitman L? not sure if the 0.5 inch difference in p2p will affect the fit. gitman basically fits me good in chest but looking at alternatives.

4. pwnstar

pwnstar Active Member

This may have been asked quite a while ago, but are there any plans in the future to offer alternative sleeve lengths on shirts (something in the standard 32/33 range)?

I vaguely remember this being answered along the lines that it is easier to have the sleeves sized long, as one can always have them shortened but not lengthened. But, it would definitely be nice to not have to have every piece altered. Any recent change of mind on this, or perhaps even an option as a pre-order?

5. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

I agree with this one. That and the short rise (or what looks like it from online photos/epaulet's measurements) are the only things that have held me back from trying them.

6. Samir

Samir Senior member

7. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

This is a good comaprison. I used to fit a L in Gitman well, now it's too big for me. I have some Epaulet XL's and more latley L. I think an XL in Epaulet will be slightly more fitted than the Gitman, but in a better way.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

[​IMG]

Photo from the weekend in my Walt horizontal corduroys. I haven't had them altered. Wanted to start wearing them right away. So I'm just turning up the cuff, which I think isn't quite ideal. Seems to cause the bottom of the trouser to taper a little. Simple answer is getting them altered, of course. Any thoughts on going cuff or no cuff. I'm generally a no cuff guy, which is almost certainly more appropriate for these trousers. Otherwise, a matter of taste, I'm sure. But any thoughts are welcome.

9. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Always cuff when you can - 1.5" to 2" in this case - I would definitely cuff those. Looks better plus if/when they last a long time, you can have them re-hemmed without the cuffs and have a clean bottom hem.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

It's personal preference and depends on your own style and what you wear them with, etc. Definitely not an absolute like "always cuff" and doesn't necessarily look better at all.

11. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

I think those cuffs looks pretty good, especially with that corduroy.

12. APK

APK Senior member

Are club collar shirts ever coming back? I've grown a recent... fondness for them.

edit: to clarify on willy's comment - Are Epaulet club collar shirts ever coming back?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Thanks, gents. I think I may get them cuffed in that 1.5" to 2" range. For something a little different.

14. applky

applky Senior member

^ That'd look great with those particular cords, too.

15. Duppy

Duppy Well-Known Member

Wearing the Navy Donegal Walts for the first time. These pants are great Mike. I was initally hesitant with the fit, as my Rivets fit me a lil too close for comfort. However, ordered a 33 and totally in love with the fit and quality. You've got me hooked and looking to see what other fabrics you'll offer. :D