• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross posting. These are the Brixton boots in natural chromexcel. I had B. Nelson swap out the double leather sole for a commando. I like the change, and B. Nelson seems to have done an excellent job.

Those look real nice! I finally wore my Indys in full snow and woke up this morning after going out last night and found a bunch of glass in the sole. Very nice to have in this case and no slippage in ice :slayer:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heavyweight stone again today:
0386500f.jpg

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone can comment on epaulet XL and gitman L? not sure if the 0.5 inch difference in p2p will affect the fit. gitman basically fits me good in chest but looking at alternatives.

pwnstar

Reaction score
This may have been asked quite a while ago, but are there any plans in the future to offer alternative sleeve lengths on shirts (something in the standard 32/33 range)?

I vaguely remember this being answered along the lines that it is easier to have the sleeves sized long, as one can always have them shortened but not lengthened. But, it would definitely be nice to not have to have every piece altered. Any recent change of mind on this, or perhaps even an option as a pre-order?

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This may be heresy...but...I've been wearing rivet chinos to work a lot (2x a week)...and I'm actually less in love with the taped outseam than I was a couple of years ago. (I cuff about 1.5 inches)
I think it may not be the tape as much as the stitching. But the fit is absolutely perfect.
Mike, would you even consider replacing the tape with a felled seam? (believe the term is either flat-felled or double-felled?) The cost might be the same, i.e. replacing the tape with a more complicated stitch that uses a little more fabric? :hide:

I agree with this one. That and the short rise (or what looks like it from online photos/epaulet's measurements) are the only things that have held me back from trying them.

Samir

Reaction score
Quote:
Followed your and AntiHero84's advice and did a cold wash. Getting them on after was pretty tough, but a few days of wear and they're really comfortable. I'd welcome a little more stretching in the top block, but they're fitting pretty well. Inseam got a lot more manageable as well, but I'll prob still get them hemmed. Thanks for a great product, I think this will be the first of many Epaulet purchases!

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone can comment on epaulet XL and gitman L? not sure if the 0.5 inch difference in p2p will affect the fit. gitman basically fits me good in chest but looking at alternatives.

This is a good comaprison. I used to fit a L in Gitman well, now it's too big for me. I have some Epaulet XL's and more latley L. I think an XL in Epaulet will be slightly more fitted than the Gitman, but in a better way.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Photo from the weekend in my Walt horizontal corduroys. I haven't had them altered. Wanted to start wearing them right away. So I'm just turning up the cuff, which I think isn't quite ideal. Seems to cause the bottom of the trouser to taper a little. Simple answer is getting them altered, of course. Any thoughts on going cuff or no cuff. I'm generally a no cuff guy, which is almost certainly more appropriate for these trousers. Otherwise, a matter of taste, I'm sure. But any thoughts are welcome.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always cuff when you can - 1.5" to 2" in this case - I would definitely cuff those. Looks better plus if/when they last a long time, you can have them re-hemmed without the cuffs and have a clean bottom hem.

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's personal preference and depends on your own style and what you wear them with, etc. Definitely not an absolute like "always cuff" and doesn't necessarily look better at all.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are club collar shirts ever coming back? I've grown a recent... fondness for them.

edit: to clarify on willy's comment - Are Epaulet club collar shirts ever coming back?

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Always cuff when you can - 1.5" to 2" in this case - I would definitely cuff those. Looks better plus if/when they last a long time, you can have them re-hemmed without the cuffs and have a clean bottom hem.

It's personal preference and depends on your own style and what you wear them with, etc. Definitely not an absolute like "always cuff" and doesn't necessarily look better at all.

I think those cuffs looks pretty good, especially with that corduroy.

Thanks, gents. I think I may get them cuffed in that 1.5" to 2" range. For something a little different.

Duppy

Reaction score
Wearing the Navy Donegal Walts for the first time. These pants are great Mike. I was initally hesitant with the fit, as my Rivets fit me a lil too close for comfort. However, ordered a 33 and totally in love with the fit and quality. You've got me hooked and looking to see what other fabrics you'll offer. :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads