Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Thanks!

Also I should add -- on the shirt sleeve length discussion, I buy size XS and find that after washing, the sleeves fall within the 32/33" range. It varies slightly depending on the fabric and as Mike says, you should never put these in the dryer. I would imagine they'd shrink more if you did. Anyway, the measurements online indicate the sleeve length on the XS is 34.5" but that has definitely not been my experience. When I got my first shirt, I thought I would have to have the sleeves shortened but once it arrived, that turned out to not be the case. Dunno if this is just an XS thing; maybe others can chime in with their experiences...

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

SVB, good luck with the new place...love the floors. My building has similar floors in our lobby....love em, of course the board is looking to relace hem with something more "updated". Ugh.

3. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Thanks!! Luckily for us, there's a huge desire in downtown LA to maintain original features like this when converting the old office buildings to lofts. We looked at a couple other places that had carpet and the original floors were a huge selling point for the one we ultimately chose. It's just the entryway, but the rest of the unit has polished concrete which is pretty great too. It'd be a shame if they pulled out the floor in your lobby -- you should really tell them that in another 20-30 years they'd be kicking themselves for doing that!

4. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Any chance of building some swatch books for the Rudys? I don't mind paying for them, either. :) I'm gearing up for a few rivets this time around, would love to add a couple pair of Rudys in there in some interesting patterns. :D

5. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

Hi -
    Are there any plans to reorder the Alden Indy Black and Tans?
    Thanks -
    Sam

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Seriously, people should grab the Danners at that price. It's a price you will get only during Black Fridays..

7. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Just got my pair of Navy Rivets and they are immediately my favorite pair of pants.

Quick question though: At the knees there are marks I can only describe as "fades." All i've done today is walk a great deal class to class and there are white marks at the knees. Just wondering if this is a property of the fabric or whatnot.

Thanks a lot.

8. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

Thanks for keeping the Rudy's going! This system sounds like a great compromise.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

9. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Hmm I would be surprised if this is normal.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

My rivets wrinkle and fold like denim. Seeing that the navy is a very denim-like color, and the canvas is very denim like in texture except denim is usually a twill type weave and the canvas more of a basket weave. it wouldn't surprise me. Can't wait to get mine (ordered this week).

11. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Thanks for the answers, guys. NYR I am a big fan of your looks and it's what really got me to buy a pair. The navy rivets are so versatile I want to wear them everyday!

Just bought a pair of midgrey 120s so the Florida weather doesn't rock me when I go dressy. I am an Epaulet believer.

12. hangten

hangten Senior member

any plans to restock the Officer Indy boot? I saw in the thread that you already had a your only delivery for this season for the boot. But are you planning one for later this year?

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Congrats on the new place!

Ah I wish that I could, it's just not realistic for us to put a bunch of those together. That said, you'll be able to special order after seeing the entire garment made up. We'll fully photograph the walts to show off the fabric, so you see both studio and natural light pics. We only work with quality fabrics, so everything is going to be good.

It's probably just some surface finish on the fabric building up. We don't wash the garments before selling them, so the cotton has a bit of finishing - just like raw denim would. The marks will go away with your first wash.

Thank you sir!

We don't have any of these on order for Spring, but I'm thinking about it for Fall. If we do the Officer's Indy again, we'll most likely update it with a commando sole.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Carmina Pre-Order Closing Tomorrow

Quick note - our Carmina preorder for the special makeup style is closing tomorrow. We're only cutting the shoes to order, so if you want to get in on it, then you'll need to place a preorder for it. Here's the link:

[​IMG]
    Special Order Snuff Suede Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Hey Mike-
    Yesterday you mentioned some new BD styles going live today. Any idea when that will be?