Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ Be prepared to buy at least 6 more pairs in the next few months, they are addicting.

I just got my Navy Canvas Service pants and British Khaki Rivets yesterday, and man are these the shit. I had to size up from my usual Rudy size in order for my thighs to fit, but now these are by far the best-fitting chinos i've ever had. I never used to like wearing chinos because everything in my size was always so big and baggy, I never thought a pair of casual chinos could fit like these...slim but not skinny. Ideally, I would maybe like the waist to be a half inch smaller for a perfect fit, but that's splitting hairs at this point. I'm sure I will be ordering more as soon as the next Rivet shipment comes in. Oh yeah, that natty CXL belt is awesome too...wearing it today already :D

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Any details on this stuff?
    You said the twill is coming back, but is it only the olive color? Any new colors in the heavyweight twill? Khaki-toned twill?
    Or is the new khaki-toned heavyweight the duck canvas?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012

3. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

Hey Mike, I know you stated that there will be a "huge-ass" chino restock late Feb and I was wondering if that will also include trousers as well?

Definitely going to pick up the gunmetal but wanted to prep in case you had something exciting for that time.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Haha, I like that "JNCO" still endures to describe horrifically ill-fitting pants. It's a timeless reference at this point.

Sorry to hear about the trouser disaster, we can get you sorted out with some new ones.

Pink shirts are pretty brilliant, they really work with most people's skin tones. We gotta bring some back for the Spring.

Wow, those came out great!

Very nice, thanks for picking them up. They look boss with the Indy Boots.

Haha, don't worry, I give you a no going out of style guarantee

Thanks for picking them up, the boots look great!

Oh man, that stinks. I've put horrendous scratches into my shell shoes as well. I'd echo the other members and encourage you to contact B.Nelson. Nick is a great guy, and he'd probably best qualified to give you advice on fixing them or minimizing the appearance. The Saddle is going to get a lot darker with wear, so the scratch will be less noticeable with time.

We're going to keep the Rivet Chino the same for 2012, but we'll definitely introduce several cotton walt trousers, which might do the job for you.

Great seeing in Florence! And thanks for the drinks!

Exactly. Printed shirts = a big FTW.

They're not for everyone, but we've sold a ton of the Liberty shirts. They're a great way to punch out your look, and I love them as the only punk rock item in an otherwise conservative outfit. I also remember selling four of them in one afternoon to a Brazilian psychedelic ska band.

5. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

When will some cotton Walts be showing up? I love my Rivet chinos but my favorite pair of pants is the Cramerton Walt. I would love to add a few more cotton Walt trousers.

6. blc456

blc456 Senior member

I just saw in Epaulet's signature that Styleforum members have a 14 day return policy on pants? I really want to try them out, but the price hinders me a little with an exchange only policy.

Just want to make sure I am reading that correctly because I will order up a pair tonight if that is the case! :)

7. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^Yes sir. Buy away. Get your money back if needed.

8. oisin

oisin Senior member

Just noticed the Danner boots hit the sale page. I dunno about the Lownsdale version, but the regular mountain light 2 is awesome, and $231 for it seems like a good deal (especially because, as I said in an earlier post, the leather looks nicer than the flat brown I have). I was just wearing mine in Chicago actually with a fairly dressed up outfit of epaulet gear (it was snowing!) and a guy in a store commented on how I was wearing a fashionable look, except my boots actually looked used. Anyway, if you want a real hiking boot that also looks awesome, I recommend them. But know there is some serious break in required. Backs of my ankles killed me every time I wore them for weeks after I first got them, but now they are super comfortable.

9. scb

scb Senior member

the danners are the EE width, right?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

10. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

Any cotton Rudy's in the picture?

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I think in the future most Rudys will be special order only. When the new Walts come out, it will depend on how much extra fabric is left over....and most likely if there is enough left of any particular fabric Mike will cut some Rudys for you. I'm a Rudy customer so I will have to keep an eye out to see which ones I can special order.

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

[​IMG]

Epaulet flannel shirt
    H&M pants
    Thorogood x Epaulet horsehide boots

a little out of focus, and I've yet to get any furniture into my new place, but there's the entryway...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

13. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I hope this isn't the case. I will never be able to fit into any Walts.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The fit will be similar between the two. Our Epaulet XL is going to be a little more fitted due to the darts and a different overall shape, but it should work well for you.

Hmmm, I can check when I have a meeting next week. We can't do single-unit orders, but it may be possible to cut a special sleeve length for something like a three unit minimum order. The shirts would end up being final sale though, as they're specially cut for you. PM me if this is something that you'd be interested in.

Thanks, and glad that you're pleased with them!

Either is fine, but I personally think that a cuff looks really boss on corduroy trousers - and especially these horizontal cords.

You read my mind! Yes, we're bringing in some club collar styles for Spring. I've got two new buttondown styles going live tomorrow (including the long awaited blue OCBD), and our first proper Spring delivery will hit around 2/15.

Fantastic, thanks for picking them up!

That's excellent, glad that you're pleased with them!

We're going to finalize the order in the next day or two, I'll give you guys a full line up of what's en-route then. Good stuff!

Trousers will come in a separate delivery, but around the same mid-Feb time frame. That will include a few chino-ish cotton styles.

Yup, we offer a full refund on any full priced items to Styleforum members. If the item is on sale, then it's not returnable.

Yes, but we'll do a new approach to the Rudy this year.

In-stock Rudy's that I order in bulk are only going to come in a few fabrics. Mostly basics - like a cotton chino, grey dress trouser, navy dress trouser, etc. As much as I love the Rudy fit, we sell Walts to a much larger degree, so I'm hesitant to over-commit to stocking it.

Around mid-Feb we'll get a large delivery of Walts, which will be most of our Spring styles. With the exception of any limited deadstock fabrics, I'll have additional fabric inventory on most of the trousers. When the walts come in and go online, you guys can check them out. They'll then be a one or two week window where we'll then accept special orders on the Rudy fit. Rudy's will get cut to order and delivered around the end of March.

We did this a bit in the Fall (like for the Donegal Tweeds), and it worked really smoothly. This way, our Rudy customers (including me) have access to most of the collection in their fit.

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

SVB - great look, as always. I know its been said before but that beard is awesome on you.