• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThomSquared

Reaction score

I believe it is the simpson. Have any of you guys gotten responses to your PMs? I know Mike said he has alot to get to but I was wondering if he forgot mine.

I believe Mike said he was going to be working his ass off putting all the new stuff up by tonight so I would be patient on the PM's.

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score

talk to forum member unlucky (scott). He makes all my belts and I think they are a great value (went into the tanner goods store in portland once and one of the women working there was like, cool belt, where did you get it?) You could go with an undyed belt and just wear it til it ages into a suitable color (mine is a bit darker than that color now) or ask him to dye it to something like that color. he can customize it in whatever way (stitching or not, width of the belt, type of leather, etc). I'm not sure the forum rules but PM me and I can give you his website and contact info.

PM sent, thank you!

ThomSquared

Reaction score

Everybody makes a belt like this...Alden, AE, Nordstrom, etc...to find the best match, you'll obviously need to take/wear the shoes to the store. If you're not trying to match, then have at it with the natural or whatever suits your fancy...IMO, though, a natural or plain strap belt a la Tanner isn't quite nice enough to wear with shoes like those (except for maybe with jeans) - they deserve a more refined belt.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Got the Daltrey sportcoat in Donegal tweed last Friday. I like to think I own a lot of nice ****, including Epaulet stuff, but this thing really is the business and I'll probably have it for the rest of my life.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my Navy Donegals again...
photo-4-4.jpg

IMG_0796-1.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Not pictured, the metal shards stuck under a fingernail or the nurse who had to literally peel back my nail to remove them, without pain injection.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4cccc8c1-d250-2e87.jpg

Brixton boot in Ravello. Freshly brushed. Hope the second round comes in soon for those of you waiting.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my Navy Donegals again...
photo-4-4.jpg

IMG_0796-1.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Not pictured, the metal shards stuck under a fingernail or the nurse who had to literally peel back my nail to remove them, without pain injection.

Very nice. I didn't get the navy donegals since I have the navy marl lambswool but holy **** they look good.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So I expect to have several sets of beautiful trousers coming in from mike soon (send me that invoice homey!) and I plan on pairing them with my birthday gift from the wife...
My only problem is that I don't have a single belt in my wardrobe that will pimp these bad boys and some donegal trousers up. Gentleman, help a brother out! i'd love any recommendations for belts preferably belts that I can wear with jeans, rivet chinos, and tweed trousers. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Epaulet makes belts y'all. (This being their thread, you know...)

This one would look good with those shoes: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1192/Dark-British-Tan-Chromexcel/Detail

I've seen it in person; it's excellent. Easily my favorite of their belts, and at 1.25" it's dressier than the wider, 1.5" belts you find a lot from places like Tanner etc.

Nice pickup! As Applky suggested, our Dark British Tan belt would be a really nice compliment to these boots. But if you want something that matches exactly then check out something like Allen Edmonds, Neimans, or Saks online. Even Brooks Brothers. That dark-tan calfskin is a really common color and it should be really easy to get a matching dress belt for it.

Keith does not need more shoes.

Give me until tomorrow for the Carmina launch. Good chance that Keith is gon' need more shoes :slayer:

Thanks Mike! Picked up my Navy Marls finally from Dylan. They're wonderful. And yes Matt got to see my tweed-on-tweed fit yesterday. I used to think I couldn't wear tweed on tweed, but then I realized that this is America.

(To non-Americans: tweed on tweed is still highly encouraged.)

Thank you! And I don't see anything wrong with tweed on tweed. When it's done tastefully, there's nothing but right there.

Hi Mike,
I wonder will you be re-stocking sizes (medium/large?) for the 'Mens Buttondown Collar Madras Multi Buffalo Shirt' anytime soon?
Cheers.

Ah sadly no, we only have the stock that's remaining on that one.

Carmina is such win. Which last is this?

Inca last. It's a fantastic balance of a slim shape with a rounded toe and comfortable toe box. I love it.

I believe Mike said he was going to be working his ass off putting all the new stuff up by tonight so I would be patient on the PM's.

Got ya back! Sorry for the delay on that.

Saw the Carminas the other day and they are insane. The Chelsea boot is the dark horse candidate for best of the lineup, but they're all amazing.

Agreed. Part of the reason that Chelsea's aren't more popular is that it's so freaking hard to find a good one. It's a style that often done really poorly, even by mid-to-high range brands.

The Carmina Chelsea is freaking excellent. Perfect shape, great toe box, ridiculously nice calfskin. From the second that I saw the samples, I put that on the order. We did it in a burgundy calf - it's got just the right amount of red-ness to it. I can't imagine a better match to all those Donegal trousers that we launched.

Got the Daltrey sportcoat in Donegal tweed last Friday. I like to think I own a lot of nice ****, including Epaulet stuff, but this thing really is the business and I'll probably have it for the rest of my life.

Thank you so much - I'm so glad that you're pleased with the jacket! We got pretty jazzed about sending that beautiful Irish tweed back to its homeland.

And speaking of Ireland - how do you like Barry's tea? I've been drinking a ton of it lately.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! And I don't see anything wrong with tweed on tweed. When it's done tastefully, there's nothing but right there.

I think it's about balancing textures. Similar to balancing patterns on jacket/shirt/tie in a more formal situation, multiple tweeds (or patterns) have to mesh well texturally. In this case, the trousers I had on were a fine tweed, and the herringbone on the sportcoat was just chunky enough to make a nice contrast. A fit I'll repeat again, for sure (at least when SF isn't looking).

Anticipating the shetland cardigans!

Renalan

Reaction score
Quick question, just picked up a pair of Japanese Khaki Rivets and planning to pick up a pair of Cramertons soon. Do these shrink length-wise in the wash, gotta know before I go get them hemmed, thanks.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question, just picked up a pair of Japanese Khaki Rivets and planning to pick up a pair of Cramertons soon. Do these shrink length-wise in the wash, gotta know before I go get them hemmed, thanks.

Mine haven't shrunk, or if they have, it's been so minimal as not to notice. That said, I always launder my chinos in cold water and hang-dry them to minimize shrinkage, color fade and fabric wear. If I were in your shoes, I'd give them a cold wash and hang-dry before having the hemmed, just to be on the safe side.

- K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics