Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I believe Mike said he was going to be working his ass off putting all the new stuff up by tonight so I would be patient on the PM's.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

2. applky

applky Senior member

Saw the Carminas the other day and they are insane. The Chelsea boot is the dark horse candidate for best of the lineup, but they're all amazing.

3. ThomSquared

PM sent, thank you!

4. ThomSquared

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!.

5. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

Got the Daltrey sportcoat in Donegal tweed last Friday. I like to think I own a lot of nice shit, including Epaulet stuff, but this thing really is the business and I'll probably have it for the rest of my life.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

In my Navy Donegals again...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not pictured, the metal shards stuck under a fingernail or the nurse who had to literally peel back my nail to remove them, without pain injection.

7. ThomSquared

My god, those navy donegals...

8. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

[​IMG]

Brixton boot in Ravello. Freshly brushed. Hope the second round comes in soon for those of you waiting.

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Very nice. I didn't get the navy donegals since I have the navy marl lambswool but holy shit they look good.

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Nice pickup! As Applky suggested, our Dark British Tan belt would be a really nice compliment to these boots. But if you want something that matches exactly then check out something like Allen Edmonds, Neimans, or Saks online. Even Brooks Brothers. That dark-tan calfskin is a really common color and it should be really easy to get a matching dress belt for it.

Give me until tomorrow for the Carmina launch. Good chance that Keith is gon' need more shoes :slayer:

Thank you! And I don't see anything wrong with tweed on tweed. When it's done tastefully, there's nothing but right there.

Ah sadly no, we only have the stock that's remaining on that one.

Inca last. It's a fantastic balance of a slim shape with a rounded toe and comfortable toe box. I love it.

Got ya back! Sorry for the delay on that.

Agreed. Part of the reason that Chelsea's aren't more popular is that it's so freaking hard to find a good one. It's a style that often done really poorly, even by mid-to-high range brands.

The Carmina Chelsea is freaking excellent. Perfect shape, great toe box, ridiculously nice calfskin. From the second that I saw the samples, I put that on the order. We did it in a burgundy calf - it's got just the right amount of red-ness to it. I can't imagine a better match to all those Donegal trousers that we launched.

Thank you so much - I'm so glad that you're pleased with the jacket! We got pretty jazzed about sending that beautiful Irish tweed back to its homeland.

And speaking of Ireland - how do you like Barry's tea? I've been drinking a ton of it lately.

11. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

how much is those carmina dub monks gonna be? i love it man...

12. applky

applky Senior member

I think it's about balancing textures. Similar to balancing patterns on jacket/shirt/tie in a more formal situation, multiple tweeds (or patterns) have to mesh well texturally. In this case, the trousers I had on were a fine tweed, and the herringbone on the sportcoat was just chunky enough to make a nice contrast. A fit I'll repeat again, for sure (at least when SF isn't looking).

Anticipating the shetland cardigans!

13. meso

meso Senior member

And most everybody makes belts that will fall apart after a few months :satisfied:

14. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

Quick question, just picked up a pair of Japanese Khaki Rivets and planning to pick up a pair of Cramertons soon. Do these shrink length-wise in the wash, gotta know before I go get them hemmed, thanks.

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Mine haven't shrunk, or if they have, it's been so minimal as not to notice. That said, I always launder my chinos in cold water and hang-dry them to minimize shrinkage, color fade and fabric wear. If I were in your shoes, I'd give them a cold wash and hang-dry before having the hemmed, just to be on the safe side.

- K