• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nbernie

Reaction score

i think the big reveal is thursday?

I think this is right. The shell dubs are obviously nice, but my favorite were, unexpectedly, the chelsea boots. Amazing color and last. Mike also told me that the calf skin used is sourced from the same place in France that Vass and EG use. Very cool.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any wide widths expected in these?

iluvatar

Reaction score

LOL, pretty standard pricing by "tailors" round these parts. Dry cleaners are slightly less, but work is shoddy at best.

I'd gladly pay that if I knew they were going to do a good job. Here, I always have the fear that something's going to get screwed up...

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got to see the Carmina collection in person this past Saturday. Very impressive. My favorites are the shell shortwings, but I am holding out for the same shoe in a caramel calfskin with black contrast stitching if Mike makes that happen. Each shoe has a great color. There is enough variety to satisfy anyone's shoe needs.

Always nice to get a personal tour from Mike. I got to meet Matt this time, though I missed Adele. Almost makes me wish I still lived in NY instead of SF.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, sent you a PM about some shipping questions. Thanks!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newest pickup...these shipped out yesterday and arrived on my doorstep this afternoon. I was worried they might be too wide, but I'm very pleased that they fit perfectly. My Indys in size 12C feel wider than these Barrie-lasted boots in 12D. So glad I didn't wait and picked these up before they were gone! *click thumbnails to enlarge pics*

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Extreme difficulty deciding here -- whether the Olive Guncheck or the Navy Marl Lambswool is the best trouser fabric ever.

I'm wearing the Olive Guncheck right now, so I'm leaning that way. Still...

Oh man, good question. They're definitely my two favorites of the season. The Olive Gunchecks are really sharp, but that Navy Marl is softer than buttah...

i know this has probably been answered, but the waist on the chinos can be let out a bit if they are too tight, right?

No, the current chinos could be taken in, but there's no cloth to let out. You can do that on the Walt & Rudy trousers.

So I am having a hard time deciding between the Pale Grape Herringbone & Charcoal Donegal trousers.
I am def going to purchase the Navy Donegals.
Thoughts???

Seconded - the Pale Grape is an amazing color. You'll really dig it.

Just got the Walt flannel lovat green trousers in the mail today and the color is just insane. Thanks again Mike!

Thank you! Really glad that you're pleased with them!

Just got the cocoa and wheat donegal's in the mail today. Going to leave work at lunch and see if I can talk my tailor into having them hemmed in a 24 hour period. They usually take about a week to do this sort of work and I'm leaving town Thursday for a week. Really want to take one, if not both, with me.
What are you guys pairing the brown and wheat with?

If I've learned one lesson with people that make, alter, and work with clothing is that they can often be bribed with dounts. Really. Try bringing in a small box of Munchkins and see what that gets you.

Picked up my charcoal Heirloom cardigan from the mailroom today... this thing is absolutely sick, definitely one of the best knits I own right now. My only regret is getting online at 1:05 when the sale dropped; wish I could have nabbed the Blackwatch cardigan too :eek:

Rec'd cocoa tweed today. Fit is spot on. So pleased. Struggling not to buy a second pair :(

Nice, thanks for picking them up guys!

Gant Bastian FW11 donegal SC (from Epaulet)
Ashland cutaway tattersall
Epaulet FW10 burnt umber walts
Marcoliani navy herringbone socks
Alden #8 Aberdeen captoes

The fit is killer, I really like this!

Okay. Quick snap with my iPhone.
Don't even remember what the the pants are but they have a bit of green in them and they are flannel. Picked them up a few months ago when Mike put them on sale.
Epaulet trousers
BB extra slim fit shirt
Alden #8 cap toe boot

Very nice. Glad that you didn't sell that watch - the Explorer is a keeper.

Good god....I pay $20 for a hem, $30 for waist, and wait at least a week. Stitching is good though!

Oh man, come to the Lower East Side. Try $4 for a hem and a 15 to 60 minute wait. It's New York's paradise of alterations!

i think the big reveal is thursday?

Yup, we're planning to launch Carmina on Thursday in the late afternoon. I'll post everything up here once they go online.

I think this is right. The shell dubs are obviously nice, but my favorite were, unexpectedly, the chelsea boots. Amazing color and last. Mike also told me that the calf skin used is sourced from the same place in France that Vass and EG use. Very cool.

Glad that you like them - I've got a serious weakness for those Chelsea boots too. It's not a style that you see too often around here, but IMO it should be. A well-executed Chelsea boot is really versatile and hard to find. The Carmina model is one of the best I've ever seen.

any wide widths expected in these?

Not for this first run, but we should be able to offer that next year in select styles.

I got to see the Carmina collection in person this past Saturday. Very impressive. My favorites are the shell shortwings, but I am holding out for the same shoe in a caramel calfskin with black contrast stitching if Mike makes that happen. Each shoe has a great color. There is enough variety to satisfy anyone's shoe needs.
Always nice to get a personal tour from Mike. I got to meet Matt this time, though I missed Adele. Almost makes me wish I still lived in NY instead of SF.

Thanks Scott - it was great seeing you as well!

Newest pickup...these shipped out yesterday and arrived on my doorstep this afternoon. I was worried they might be too wide, but I'm very pleased that they fit perfectly. My Indys in size 12C feel wider than these Barrie-lasted boots in 12D. So glad I didn't wait and picked these up before they were gone! *click thumbnails to enlarge pics

Rock and roll, thanks for picking them up! These are far and away my favorite boots now, I've been wearing mine a few days a week.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Update for this Week

Hey guys, we've got a bunch of stuff going down this week. Here's what's coming:

• Carmina Launch on Thursday Afternoon: Six gorgeous styles.
  • Epaulet Scottish Cardigans: Slim-fit classic cardigans in gorgeous marled shetland lambswool. Made in Scotland and way the hell off the hook. Just came in today.
  • The LONG-AWAITED Rivet Chino "Service Pant." Same fit as always, but tweaked with a single cargo pocket on the side and flap pockets on the back.
  • Smith & Hoyt denim clearance. All pairs will be $95, the stock will go online Friday afternoon. I'll give you a more specific time when we get through the inventory on Thursday.

I've got a bunch of PM's to catch up on tomorrow. Please bear with me, I haven't forgotten you guys.

And for a little Carmina preview, may I introduce the Saddle Shell Cordovan Double Monk. Oh mein gott:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Double monks :drool:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aww I hate living in the Midwest, can't enjoy the super fast one day shipping from Epaulet :(

Last edited:

BlueWord

Reaction score

Fellow Boilermaker?? BTFU!

And I thought I was the only Purdue student on here...

Looking forward to the Carmina stuff and the cardigans.

Last edited:

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When do you expect to have the Epaulet Scottish Cardigans online?
What colors are available?

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stoked that an oxblood cord finally popped up in my size (m) on buy and sell. Copped with all swiftness.

Next, re-up on copping power and re-up on rivet chinos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads