• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any chance the Olive Triton Jacket will end up on sale with the black?

Not this season - we just restocked Olive and British Tan earlier in the year. I haven't brought in black in over 12mos, so we're going to discontinue that color, and we put the remaining stock on sale.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my navy donegals. Like I said the #8 shell and these are a match made in heaven. Maiden voyage at Thanksgiving with my fam today...thats how Italian-Americans roll, one day of gorging yourself isn't enough!

Nice, thanks for posting the pic!

Mike what color are the new brown dub monks, bro?

Caramel calfskin and Saddle (dark tan) shell cordovan. Both of these colors are absolutely brilliant.

Not from Epaulet only because they ran out super quick, I managed to track down one of the last Large in this shirt I could find online:
Who here managed to snag one of these? How much do you like it? What's the fit like? I'm excited to get this in a few weeks!

Good find, you're going to love that shirt. It ran ever-so-slightly smaller than the other gitman shirts, and the fabric has a nice hand to it. It's a cool piece to wear.

Mike you said that the Cramerton replaced the Stone Chinos which are on sale now, how does the colour compare? They look quite different but I thought I'd check as I already own the crams and don't want to double up.
By the way, any fit pics around of the Stone chinos? Only photos of the pants themselves are on the site.
Thanks!

Fit on the Stone Chinos is basically the same as our other trousers. The "stone" color is a very traditional khaki tone and a true biz-caz color. The Cramertons are darker and have a touch of brown-olive.

UK Stone chino is very easy to dress up, and this a great price for a solid basic. If you need a trouser like this in your wardrobe, then I think that you'll really dig them.

Good question, I'm pretty sure that they're the Grey wool/cashmere dress pant.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:fu: Why did you have to put those stone chinos on sale? I already blew too much money this week. Must resist...

thecool85

Reaction score
Mike, do you guys sell gift cards or have any plans to do so in the future? I always buy a bunch of starbucks gift cards for my coworkers for Christmas, but after showing a handful of them your site, I know quite a few of them would appreciate an Epaulet gift card far more.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

photo-2-5.jpg

photo-5-3.jpg

photo-4-3.jpg

photo-1-4.jpg

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my navy donegals. Like I said the #8 shell and these are a match made in heaven. Maiden voyage at Thanksgiving with my fam today...thats how Italian-Americans roll, one day of gorging yourself isn't enough!
photo-3-4.jpg

BAD ASS ! Are those 2inch cuffs or 1.75inch? Buona Festa Rob!

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how are the danger lownsdale soles in snow/ice?

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You folks wearing the donegal pants, what's the temp? I fear I'd never wear something that heavy given that our winter is only about 40-60 degrees most of the time

ambivalence

Reaction score
No fuckkkkkk! I wanted to buy that navy rivet chino that was on sale!! Now is gone:(

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You folks wearing the donegal pants, what's the temp? I fear I'd never wear something that heavy given that our winter is only about 40-60 degrees most of the time

The only ultra-warm, wearable-furnace-type trouser this season is the fully lined Harris tweed one, I believe. With the donegals, you should be very comfortable in that range. I've been wearing my donegals around once a week since the temperature went below 60 a few months ago. Like all wools, they breathe nicely. I've never felt too warm in them. (These are from last fall but the fabric is similar in weight to this fall's.)

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

how are the danger lownsdale soles in snow/ice?

They're good. They've got more grip than the Vibram Cristy sole (seen on our handsewns and a lot of work boots), and the boot itself is waterproof. It will hold up great in snow and ice.

That said, nothing will compare to the grip of a true lug sole for when it's really terrible out. If you've got a harsh winter and you really need a pair of solid boots, then I'd recommend the original Mountain Light. That thing is unbreakable.

Oh you should be just fine in that range. I'd say that these are good for any temps around 65 degrees or less. They're not psycho thick or warm.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BAD ASS ! Are those 2inch cuffs or 1.75inch? Buona Festa Rob!

Grazie! Two inches...

60 is fine for these...

Today, Khaki Canvas Rivets:
photo-1-5.jpg

photo-12.jpg

Last edited:

lychyrychy

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed the latest update on Carminas but when do you guys start putting them up on the site?

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're good. They've got more grip than the Vibram Cristy sole (seen on our handsewns and a lot of work boots), and the boot itself is waterproof. It will hold up great in snow and ice.
That said, nothing will compare to the grip of a true lug sole for when it's really terrible out. If you've got a harsh winter and you really need a pair of solid boots, then I'd recommend the original Mountain Light. That thing is unbreakable.

Thanks. for ny winter and ski trips up north

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads