• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EP shirt, jacket, trousers today for the IG contest.

FullSizeRender (51).jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
EP shirt, jacket, trousers today for the IG contest.

I saw this in the morning... this is so ace! Loving the olive coat and purple trouser match.

And yes.. IG contest is on until the end of the month, I'll start yelling that from the parapets soon

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike @Epaulet
Any word on the single cut promo from June? Awaiting a mushroom Hopsack...

Thanks!

@RuleOfRescue my apologies... they misplaced your order when we sent it and just put it into work after they got back from their holidays. It's getting rushed through and will ship out to you directly.

Single Cuts was a cool idea, but probably not all that realistic to do on a larger scale, as of right now. I don't want to disappoint anyone with longer-than-quoted lead times, and it doesn't appear that this is something that Hertling can do at this price point in the short term. Sorry for anyone who's order got delayed- we're gonna retire Single Cuts. The huge promo launching today will all be cut at the same time, with stock shapes, so we shouldn't have these issues.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know that I'm throwing a lot of stuff at you guys today.. but it's the close of Gitman Ends for Friends.

I just put up a sunlight video of these 80/20 solid wools...

The fabric's amazing.. pretty much the same mix as Viyella, but much more luxe fabric made in Italy and a better shirt made in the United States. Love both of the colors too.

etostano

Reaction score
@RuleOfRescue my apologies... they misplaced your order when we sent it and just put it into work after they got back from their holidays. It's getting rushed through and will ship out to you directly.

Single Cuts was a cool idea, but probably not all that realistic to do on a larger scale, as of right now. I don't want to disappoint anyone with longer-than-quoted lead times, and it doesn't appear that this is something that Hertling can do at this price point in the short term. Sorry for anyone who's order got delayed- we're gonna retire Single Cuts. The huge promo launching today will all be cut at the same time, with stock shapes, so we shouldn't have these issues.

Would we have gotten a notification if our single cut order is in the delayed group? Can't remember if I have one outstanding or not.
Thanks Mike

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Entire thread collectively orders oatmeal flannel

Haha yeah Oatmeal is amazing! All of this stuff is seriously ace.

I can answer any questions, but this really is the last hurrah of low Hertling pricing. A fabric dealer from Jersey came to buy up most of the remnants and singles that they had remaining at the factory. They gave up a huge stock room to consolidate space and cost, so much of the old goods are gone. This is all recent stuff that they've decided to replace with a more concise collection in September. Every one of these flannels are amazing. Their pricing on this is officially way under the production cost as most of these woolens cost about $28 a yard. The cost on cloth alone is close to $55 per unit.

The Plaid item is online right now and built out with all of the fabrics, I'm in the middle of doing the video for it. Great time to pick up some boss plaid pants for an insane $165-$175. That's where we're at on the Walt Porto, which was done in totally routine suiting cloth.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Somebody please do an EZ Pant in one of the plaids so we can see what an SF-approved pair of Skidz would look like.

The flannels are beautiful. If I wasn't in LA, I'd grab the oatmeal and tobacco.

@Duke Silver LOL at Skidz. Any chance we could pair that with some bespoke Fila high tops?

We do have some lightweight stuff if you dig any of that. The Graph Check ones are really light in Plaids and Patterns.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great great Hertling stuff. Mike, is that Oatmeal Flannel similar/the same as the Oatmeal Flannel from Southwick this past season I had made into a suit? Can't tell if it's the same fabric, or whether it's best understood as a greycast tan or a "tancast" grey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads