• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammit, I'm no match for your marketing. I was really trying to resist this EFF round. This is how it went for me:
1. Newsletter
2. Website
3. IG live
4. StyleForum
5. IG post
6. SF post indicating 20 units remaining = Bought.
:imdead:

Can't fight the onslaught. Resistance is futile

chrispy650

Reaction score
Dammit, I'm no match for your marketing. I was really trying to resist this EFF round. This is how it went for me:
1. Newsletter
2. Website
3. IG live
4. StyleForum
5. IG post
6. SF post indicating 20 units remaining = Bought.
:imdead:

I just fell victim as well. At first I thought it looked cool but said I probably didn't need it. After the multiple videos of this fabric I was sold.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terracotta Linen Single Cut - Taylor

IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG

smmrfld

Reaction score
RIP Julie Hertling. Back when I was buying OTR suits, Nordstrom carried a Hertling gabardine suit line that was truly outstanding in fit, construction, and drape. Bought every color they had, and received more compliments on a petrol blue than anything I've ever worn - would love to duplicate it. Glad his quality carries on in the EP lineup.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
RIP Julie Hertling. Back when I was buying OTR suits, Nordstrom carried a Hertling gabardine suit line that was truly outstanding in fit, construction, and drape. Bought every color they had, and received more compliments on a petrol blue than anything I've ever worn - would love to duplicate it. Glad his quality carries on in the EP lineup.

Thanks for posting.. yeah it was a heartbreaker to get the news today, but not unexpected. He was nearly 92 and he led a very full life by any account. He passed away surrounded by friends and family, which is all that we can really ask for.

The man was a legend though - it's amazing how everyone in this industry knew who he was. A work ethic that was unmatched as well.

IMG_0328 2.JPG
IMG_5409.JPG
IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_5408.JPG

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick heads up. The pics for the new IS fabrics never loaded under the item. They are in the drop down however.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mr. Hertling seemed like the best.

RIP

He was a real "mensch" as they say. A great supporter of our shop/brand from day one, and a seriously dedicated factory owner. A lot of people owe their livelihood to him, and he kept that factory going out of love for the business and dedication to his staff. He made his money back in the 80's, he could have retired at any point. Kept working until he was 91 though.

Quick heads up. The pics for the new IS fabrics never loaded under the item. They are in the drop down however.

@CanadaCal thanks so much, just fixed it. Got the video for these as well.

That first fabric (winter linen & cotton) is so freaking rad. Ordered myself one today.

chrispy650

Reaction score
Noob question but how different do the 3ply oxfords feel vs typical oxfords? Are they heavier? More geared towards cooler weather? Softer? I have the British oxford from the MTO already in blue which I'm assuming is 2ply? Was going to pick one up in white and debating if I should go with 3ply.

jimney

Reaction score
Ordered a Sandow in the duck canvas a few days ago. Excited to be able to get this fit in the neat fabrics that have traditionally been available for the rivet chinos.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noob question but how different do the 3ply oxfords feel vs typical oxfords? Are they heavier? More geared towards cooler weather? Softer? I have the British oxford from the MTO already in blue which I'm assuming is 2ply? Was going to pick one up in white and debating if I should go with 3ply.

A strong recommendation for the 3-ply oxfords. The Hunting/Fall Mix Tattersall is especially nice. I own that and wear it regularly when the weather turns. The fabric is tough at first but softens after about four washes (w/ hang dry). You can feel the texture but it feels great to the skin. It's definitely heavier but breathable nonetheless. Don't hesitate to grab it. Also the price has come down slightly from last year, which is a bonus.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads