• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Trying to decide between the Tobacco & Mocha Flannels.

I already own the Sienna Brown Wool/Mink/Cashmere.

Is the tone of the Mocha different enough from Sienna Brown to own both?

rusty18

Reaction score
Picked up the smokey blue lambswool as well. Very interesting color.
@Epaulet Mike, could you talk about the weights of these a little bit? Interested in a grey or brown as well, but just picked up 4 pairs of flannel pants from you and I'm pretty stocked up on winter-weight pants (for NYC, at least). I know that the lightweight 120's in the plaids are obviously lighter; are there any others? Thanks!

Beav

Reaction score
@Epaulet Mike, could you talk about the weights of these a little bit? Interested in a grey or brown as well, but just picked up 4 pairs of flannel pants from you and I'm pretty stocked up on winter-weight pants (for NYC, at least). I know that the lightweight 120's in the plaids are obviously lighter; are there any others? Thanks!

And does anyone know the weight of the 8163 oatmeal?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, you sonofabitch. You know I can't resist that blackwatch...

...and ordered. ;) And the other one, too. Sigh.

<3

Pricepoint is fantastic. I hate feeling like a bottom feeder, but I am what I am. :p

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...I know the feeling. I promised myself no more pants (and shoes, for that matter), but I'm a sucker for a deal.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...I know the feeling. I promised myself no more pants (and shoes, for that matter), but I'm a sucker for a deal.

I mean, 7 pairs of tennis lows, 1 pair of full courts, 1 pair of the tennis highs, 2 pairs of the delancy?, plus 2 more pairs coming in the museum calf order, not to mention combat boots.. I should be good on sneakers right? RIGHT? And I haven't even touched my Aldens in a year... Over a dozen pairs of rivets over the years, it's shocking how fast this adds up. Ten years ago I had 2 pairs of jeans, 10 black t-shirts and a pair of chucks and I was fine. Sigh. :)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Is it possible to get side tabs on this EFF round? I put in an order already and asked in the notes, but wanted to double check. Thanks!!

@walras ah I'm really sorry, we can't do any modifications to the shapes in this round. However we can absolutely swing that with the MTO stuff in early September.

In on the smokey blue flannel. Mike, the video sold me on pairing this w a navy jacket.

@DapperDan08 excellent and thanks! You're gonna love it.

Thoughts on the best grey for a winter trouser match with navy jacket? The 8180 grey windowpane flannel?

And loving both oatmeal and tobacco flannel! Remember 5 minutes ago when I told myself I didn't need anything this go around???

@duff406

Oatmeal is an amazing color.. it really goes with anything!

And for a grey trouser.. yup I'd vote 8180 (Oxford Grey Large Windowpane) as my number one, as the ground is just a perfect heathered tone. Second choice would be Handsketch #9180. The second one has a darker color, but an easier and more subtle pattern.

But the other bold patterns are pretty great too! Given the pricing, it's a great chance to try something outside the usual comfort zone.

I have the Indigo Static Weave from an earlier MTO round and it's terrific.

@applky yes! Glad that you like it. That fabric is doing really well for this round, it's awesome that everyone's into it.

@Epaulet Trying to decide between the Tobacco & Mocha Flannels.

I already own the Sienna Brown Wool/Mink/Cashmere.

Is the tone of the Mocha different enough from Sienna Brown to own both?

@edubs01 Mocha and Wool/Mink are pretty similar in color. I think that you'd have some duplication in that way.. but the weight is totally different. So if you love the Wool/Mink but it's not easy to wear because it's so freaking thick, then Mocha might make sense.

Otherwise Tobacco is a better choice.. and it's significantly lighter in color. It's not close to the Wool/Mink at all.

@rusty18 fantastic.. you're gonna love the Smokey Blue! Gorgeous color that's easy to match.

None of the $165 flannels are super heavy. They're all a typical weight unless billed as "Lightweight." The Super 130s ($175) wear a little warmer because of the higher thread count and softer hand.

I'd encourage anyone interested to get 8163 (Oatmeal) or 8165 (Tobacco). The brown tones are extremely easy to wear and go with most of the shoes & boots that you guys own already.. including black. They'll work with most jackets and they set off pattered sportcoats really well. Imagine how boss either of these would be when paired with the Green Donegal Doyle.

Actually.. no one has to imagine, I'll shoot and post some photos of the fabrics laid out.

And does anyone know the weight of the 8163 oatmeal?

@Beav I don't have the exact weight, but it's "normal" for a flannel pant. Not particularly heavy or light.

Mike, you sonofabitch. You know I can't resist that blackwatch...

...and ordered. ;) And the other one, too. Sigh.

<3

Pricepoint is fantastic. I hate feeling like a bottom feeder, but I am what I am. :p

@CharlieAngel thanks so much dude.. you always pick the best fabrics!

Haha and no one is bottom feeding here. The factory wouldn't do this if it wasn't beneficial for them. Gets rid of some older stuff, brings in a nice solid cutting, gives employees who want more hours the extra work. You guys get solid products at a killer price. Everyone wins.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a few comparison shots of swatches laid against Olive Tweed (from the Doyle) and Navy Barberis Flannel (top secret!)

FullSizeRender 24.jpg

FullSizeRender 23.jpg

FullSizeRender 22.jpg

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Appreciate the response.
I also own the Tobacco Hopsack. How similar in tone is the Tobacco Hopsack and Tobacco Flannel. If similar might go with the Oatmeal Flannel.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really want that purple cord, too. God I want that Purple Cord.

@CharlieAngel yeah I feel like they'd be your style!

@Epaulet Appreciate the response.
I also own the Tobacco Hopsack. How similar in tone is the Tobacco Hopsack and Tobacco Flannel. If similar might go with the Oatmeal Flannel.

@edubs01 ahhh, a little similar in color, but totally different in weight and texture. If you're concerned then you can't go wrong with Oatmeal.. that's going to be more distinct.

Also heads up everyone... we're down to 5 units remaining of Oatmeal and 6 units remaining of Indigo Static Twill. All of the other solids have over 10 pairs left.

@Epaulet Any update on the Suede show order arrival?

@Don L factory is on holiday till the middle of next week, but I know that they were close to finishing. I should have a more updated status soon.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Back with another amazing Aero jacket makeup! For this guy, the customer spec'd out a very minimal design with no chest pockets and a collar with no snap tab. Wrist zips are in the back of the cuff. I love how it came out.. it's really sleek and modern. The leather is Cordovan Lightweight Horsehide...

Oxblood Horse Main.jpg
Oxblood Horse Chest.jpg
Oxblood Horse Collar.jpg
Oxblood Horse Rear.jpg

Beav

Reaction score
Back with another amazing Aero jacket makeup! For this guy, the customer spec'd out a very minimal design with no chest pockets and a collar with no snap tab. Wrist zips are in the back of the cuff. I love how it came out.. it's really sleek and modern. The leather is Cordovan Lightweight Horsehide...

View attachment 830644 View attachment 830645 View attachment 830646 View attachment 830647
That minimalist design is PERFECT. I think having too many zippers and stuff all over the place takes away from the presentation. This is awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads