• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damnit. I was planning on one more EFF Rudy and full strap loafer from the Bespoke-England John Lobb sale, but the hint if a Southwick EFF has dashed those plans. Time to cut back on a few expenses, I suppose. I don't REALLY need a car, do I?

About to be the sharpest dude on public transit.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About to be the sharpest dude on public transit.

Haha! I do actually use public transit a fair amount. Maybe I should go all in ;)

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Just bringing this back up in case it got lost in the shuffle. Any possibility of a EP SoCal meetup this weekend?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@peppercorn78
 haha maybe it's time to finally switch out for a motorcycle!

The Southwick promo will primarily be suiting in the $900 range, but we'll offer a bunch of tweed sportcoats too at pretty competitive prices. And if you guys are interested, we can spec out a Harris Tweed trouser MTO with them. Would be a lot more than the Hertling price - probably in the $300 range, but you can do something like the Gable. 

And my god, a Gable trouser in Harris Tweed could basically break the whole internet. 

I decided to say "EFF it" and go for the brown houndstooth. Alas, it was sold out.

Now, hmmm. Java Birdseye or copper check...

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EP sneakers and moleskin field jacket (shoutout to @janoy89) at the gym.

Can we get an EP gym duffle...? My Hershel will be in need of an upgrade soon.

slows2k

Reaction score
Derby Shoe Deal for our Styleforum Crew

Hey guys,

You might remember this shoe from when we introduced it and cleared it out. Turns out.. I had a lingering order for 36 more units at the factory, and they came in a few weeks ago.

It's a great shoe, but was never a hit for us online. It's probably a bit too basic for most of our customers. We sold it very well at our Brooklyn storefront, but we no longer have that. So I'm going to put all of this stuff on markdown this coming Friday.

If you'd like to grab a pair before then, I've got a 40% off code that you can use. If you choose to buy this way, it will be FINAL SALE, even though that text is not written on the full price item.

Here's the link to it

And this is the code which takes it from $265 to $159...

DerbyShoeStyleforumCrew

The code will expire midnight Thursday, and we'll move it to the sale section on Friday at the same price. Using the code is just a way to give you guys first access to this.

At $159, it's a great and extremely well made shoe for the money. Couple of notes on it:

1) Buy it true to size, same size as our sneakers
2) Couro Cromo upper is like Chromexcel: tough, water and stain resistant, ages beautifully, easy to take care of
3) Combination leather & rubber sole is durable and comfortable. The shoes can be resoled when needed as well
4) It feels and wears like a sneaker, but it presents itself as a biz-caz shoe. Can be a great item if you need something like this in your wardrobe.

Smoking deal on a really great pair of innocuous but very very versatile shoes. I bought a pair a week and a half ago or so and don't regret it at all; they are worth every penny. I can also reinforce the sizing advice Mike gave; I wear an 8.5 in the sport trainer (very tight at first but broke in perfectly) and these feel exactly the same basically. Can't recommend them enough!

Last edited:

notmandatory

Reaction score
Really tempted by the Dartmouth sportcoat. I've been staring at the navy hopsack MTO page for a while now, debating all the different options. The Dartmouth is close to my ideal makeup, the main difference being the unstructured shoulder.

I was planning on ordering in the next few months but I'm going to give it some thought because 15% off makes for a great price.

Wooderson

Reaction score
@Epaulet Is there no need to enter the original order number for the Museum Calf footwear? I logged into my account and paid the balance, but I just want to make sure you guys can tell what I ordered. Really excited to see how they turned out.

fal32

Reaction score
EP sneakers and moleskin field jacket (shoutout to @janoy89 ) at the gym.

Can we get an EP gym duffle...? My Hershel will be in need of an upgrade soon.

how did you size the field jacket?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how did you size the field jacket?

I am 5'9", 165lbs (down from 178 but gaining some size back shortly) , 41" chest. I figured a M at 21" from the website measurements) would be too snug for me so I went with L as it said it measured 22" in the chest, It actually measured 23" pit to pit but I think it still works. I am only wearing it with a tee shirt in the pic but today I have it on with a cardigan and all feels great.

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damnit. I was planning on one more EFF Rudy and full strap loafer from the Bespoke-England John Lobb sale, but the hint if a Southwick EFF has dashed those plans. Time to cut back on a few expenses, I suppose. I don't REALLY need a car, do I?

@peppercorn78
 haha maybe it's time to finally switch out for a motorcycle!

The Southwick promo will primarily be suiting in the $900 range, but we'll offer a bunch of tweed sportcoats too at pretty competitive prices. And if you guys are interested, we can spec out a Harris Tweed trouser MTO with them. Would be a lot more than the Hertling price - probably in the $300 range, but you can do something like the Gable. 

And my god, a Gable trouser in Harris Tweed could basically break the whole internet. 

Hey mike when will tweed swatches go up? And we have an option to make tweed pants on walts or gable if we want to correct.

cyclohexane

Reaction score
Some snaps from the trunk show in San Francisco. I'm by no means a product photographer, and I often actually end up subcontracting the detail photos at weddings...
rotflmao.gif

Pretty sure these click to enlarge for better quality.

Shell cordovan sneakers:

A gentleman checking out the Saffiano leather gym duffel in cognac.

@justinkapur 's PAM

@justinkapur & brother Branden both in white sneaks.

Probably should have snapped more images of the new Aero jackets. Didn't do them justice.

Shaft of light on the Saffiano leather goods. (better image below)

Southwick promo at the trunk show... of course I've already bought a gazillion suits and jackets.

Cool new Saffiano tote bag for those in your life that use these... only photo I had of it. I also forgot to photograph the new briefcase shape.

View of the space as Peter talks to a customer.

Adele giving the rundown.

Better image of the Saffiano portfolios and wallets.

Some pocket square-esque swatches from Individualized.

Colored soles for sneaker MTO.

Peter showing fabrics for the grandaddy Hertling EFF:

Adele speccing out a shirt:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering the Thick and Cozy brushed Olive Canvas but would it look proper in a Driggs cut for such a casual fabric?

I wouldn't cuff the dark gray velvet if you're planning on wearing it as part of a black-tie-optional ensemble. Would probably look even better with side tabs instead of belt loops as well.

Debating military twill v. heavy brushed twill v. thick and cozy brushed canvas. Anyone have a similar dilemma? Leaning toward the first given warming trends. (Mid-sixties in DC the week before Thanksgiving!)

Thinking about this, too, particularly the Walnut Heavy Brushed Twill. The color looks very intriguing, but the fabric may not drape as nicely as the Thick and Cozy Canvas, or even the Mocha Corduroy? Can't tell, and stuck between these three fabrics in particular.

Also, are Walt shorts or Taylor shorts possible?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1