• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wooderson

Reaction score

I had my tennis trainers on while listening to Radiohead at Lollapalooza. Jonny is the f***ing man!!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Product Schedule for the next few weeks:

Hey guys, we've got quite a lot cooking for the next couple of weeks. Here's a rundown of what's confirmed so far: 1) Individualized Promo: This only happens 2x a year, but we're going to offer 15% off all orders for about 10 days. Will start tomorrow and I have some new stuff to debut, including a mother of pearl button upgrade and a fully hand-tailored make upgrade. Couple new fabrics too - and a seriously rad safari shirt exclusive. 2) Epaulet Los Angeles Culver City Office: we get our space in Culver City this month. I'll tell you all about it in a few days. We'll plan for two open office days on Thursday August 11th and Saturday August 13th. The Individualized promo will be on, and we'll have swatches and samples on hand to do local fittings. 3) New Portugal shirts are hitting in about two weeks: two denim washes and a couple of seasonal fabrics, all at $95. Getting a crucial Somelos restock too. 4) We have a totally insane sneaker to show you next week with an awesome back story 5) I have a sweater preorder for holiday delivery. Gonna blow your mind! Live next week 6) Heirloom sweaters, Massdrop sneakers, Horsehide & Suede pre-order belts and Saffiano Leather bags should all hit in the next two weeks 7) The long-awaited Epaulet suede ballcaps will arrive! And a special collab hat for the ladiez I think that's about everything. In general, you're going to see more content and photographs from our side once our LA office is up and working. We'll hold regular office hours and by-appointment meetings there each week too for anyone who wants to do a custom shirt, jacket, or trouser fitting.
Have I missed this?

ErikW

Reaction score
Snagged some orange linen Walt slacks off of Grailed. They were a little too crazy for me as pants, so I had them made into shorts. They look fantastic, especially with this Epaulet EFF shirt.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was hot last week.

EFF wheat and straw slubby linen jacket (part of a suit; texture clearly inducing a little moire on my phone's front camera)
EP x Gitman MTO cutaway collar shirt
Pale grey hopsack/fresco Walts
EP x Carmina double monks (unseen)

Vanda pure linen houndstooth tie
Robert Talbott pure linen paisley square

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radiohead isn't coming around to Detroit but I did see them a few times, most recently was locally in 2012 and the first back in 1995 in a smallish venue in Detroit (St. Andrew's Hall, with maybe 700 or so in attendance) for what was either only the 3rd or 4th concert I had ever been to.However, the most memorable was at Bonnaroo in 2006. Beck performed just before them and played a great rendition of Creep (I think he was trolling them). However, the highlight of the evening was me turning around to see the two hot hippy chicks behind me smoking meth in the middle of the field. They were definitely interesting, to say the least.

To get back to Epaulet... I broke out my steel blue Oxford Rivets today. Mine seem to fit just about the same as my other recent Rivets.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Whoa whoa what is this sweater pre order?

Going live this week, just waiting on an exact delivery window. It's great - simple lambswool crewneck but done in this complex donegal-style Italian yarn. Be about 8 colors to choose from.

Wow, pale grey hopsack/fresco Walts are amazing!

@AloysiusSF glad that you like them!

It was hot last week.

EFF wheat and straw slubby linen jacket (part of a suit; texture clearly inducing a little moire on my phone's front camera)
EP x Gitman MTO cutaway collar shirt
Pale grey hopsack/fresco Walts
EP x Carmina double monks (unseen)

Vanda pure linen houndstooth tie
Robert Talbott pure linen paisley square

@applky this is freaking fantastic! Love that jacket!

Have I missed this?

@mdubs nope, adding in some last-minute stuff with Individualized.
Recently joined Team Somelos. Simply put, it's the perfect oxford for me.

@heldentenor this is awesome - love the whole fit. It's great to see that shirt worn with a tie as well.

Tennis trainers run narrower, IME, but otherwise the length is similar.

@lifeinabox yup, this is entirely correct from the last shapes.

The Tennis trainer is a true medium width. The Sport Trainer is a medium-wide.

Does anyone who bought the unfinished HH Tennis Trainer ALSO own the "regular" Tennis Trainers? I have the HH ones, and they are a bit big but ultimately workable. If ordering the same again, I'd go down a hlaf size, but I also read they were fitting bigger than the standard. SO: Order same size in mainline? Or not?

Thanks for any input.

@oboy_oboy I'd say to order the same size. Overall things are consistent, except for Shell Cordovan, which makes up a little bit larger in the trainer - just like it would in a shoe or boot.

Guys, I have this lightweight blue oxford from EP but I don't know what the fabric actual is.

It's like a summerweight oxford but it doesn't have the sheen of pinpoint.

Any idea what it could be? Can upload photos of the tag (which seems like an older tag) as well.
Mostly EP today, Wilshire denim, scotch grain CXL belt, and linen delave from recent EFF.

@duff406 very cool, I like this Robert Redford steez

I went with the refund, but I'm considering trying the next size up because I really love the fabric. I'm just concerned because the fit was so small that I really don't know that only going up a size will be enough.

@SteveL91 if you can fit the Rivet chino as a shape, then going up one size should be fine. I sold about 12 pairs in the store over this week, and about half of the guys went up one.

There will be denim shirts with a Somelo-like fit? That is, a bit dressier than the EPLA shirts?

@OlafG yup, exactly. They're really like a Gitman shirt but done in a soft, washed denim. Nothing like the EPLA construction

is there a code for the 15% off?

@Viral We'll put it in the NL, but definitely wait until we've got all of the new fabrics online

Love this shirt, the finestra add-ons make it so much more interesting and unique. Definitely one of my new favourite shirts.

@Nik Telford that came out awesome - good call with all of those details!

Is the buy-4-get-one-free thing still in effect when there's 15% off?

@ArsenalDan no, they're not stackable.

in a lot of cases, getting 15% off of five shirts will be roughly equal to the value of buying four at full price and then getting one for free, but I'll do a partial refund if you buy five and it somehow ends up in our favor.

But assume that you buy five shirts at $170 each.

With the usual promo you'd spend 680 (4 x 170)
With the 15% off, you'd spend 722.50 (850-15%)

So I'd refund you $42.50 in that case. If you layer in some higher priced shirts - like in the $250 range, then the 15% off might work out to be a better discount of the two. But either way we'll make sure that you get the better deal of the two options.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Thanks for the very clear (and fair) answer :)

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@applky this is freaking fantastic! Love that jacket!

@SteveL91 if you can fit the Rivet chino as a shape, then going up one size should be fine. I sold about 12 pairs in the store over this week, and about half of the guys went up one.

Thanks Mike! Much appreciated. It's an amazing jacket (and suit). The fabric is out of this world, and so light. Glad I went went with that particular linen.

And @SteveL91 I sized one up from my usual Rivet Chino size for the blue steel oxford rivet and it fit great. Amazing cloth there, too. Everyone should stick with it if they can; they just run about one size small.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix