• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

silvermagenta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
I have the british khaki chinos in size 34. Pocket seam to pocket seam is 19.5", laid flat they measure 21" across. Hope this helps.

Just saw this now. My other trousers which pockets flare is also a 21 when laid flat. What's the measurement for the next size up?

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I love Our Legacy. Their knits and outerwear are very nice. I think it's on par with APC.

I have several OL knits and shirts, and the wool overcoat. It's pretty amazing how good the construction is compared to how relatively cheap. A great deal I think.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by canal_overdub
just picked up my #2 white oxford. love, love, love that shirt. also some chinos b/c why not.

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
Is it just me, or did the site just get random restocks? I'm seeing jeans in stock, forest madras in XS, and gunmetal grey chinos in 28? I really hope this isn't a glitch because I just put in an order for those chinos.

Mikes on both coasts are killing my wallet. I just got two shirts from Taylor Stitch since they moved to a new shop, and I ordered two shirts and now a pair of pants from Epaulet all within the past several weeks :x

Thanks! And yes, we're turning out a bunch of product on the site this week - I've got four handsewns, the new Crazy Horse Thorogoods, and the Vanson Lenny jacket going up complete today. I'll recap all the new merchandise in our thread.

Originally Posted by thebunk
Finally pulled the trigger on pre-ordering the Alden Brixton Cordovan Boots in Ravello. Will go nicely with my Black Calf Brixtons and will be my first pair of Cordovan boots\\shoes. Thanks Mike and Adele for answering my emails about this purchase!

Thank you, it was our pleasure!

Originally Posted by dinted voice
Pulled the trigger on the floral shirt. Hope the medium works and the wife doesn't "shop-block" me!

We don't want no shop-blocking up in here. She's gonna love it.

Originally Posted by 1969
I really dig that mac. I don't own anything from this brand. Is it generally well constructed...on or above par with APC?

Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
^I love Our Legacy. Their knits and outerwear are very nice. I think it's on par with APC.

I have several OL knits and shirts, and the wool overcoat. It's pretty amazing how good the construction is compared to how relatively cheap. A great deal I think.

As someone who designs and produces a clothing line, I'm consistently amazed at how much value Our Legacy delivers for the price. European production, awesome fabrics, great fit, and a really fair retail. I absolutely love their collection.

The Mac is one of the best bonded cotton trenches that I've ever seen. It has the crisp hand of a UK Mackintosh jacket, but without the boxy chest fit and the $1K price. Very cool color too - especially with grey or navy trousers. If you're looking for a single-breasted overcoat, this is a fantastic piece.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Mike: I'll be in NY next month and am excited to come check out the shop. What's the stock difference like between the LES shop and Brooklyn? I'm in Manhattan for work. May make it over to Brooklyn while I'm there, but maybe not. What am I missing if I can only get to LES?

Looking to try on & compare Walt and Rudy trousers and Epaulet shirting, and then ogle whatever else is around, like shoes.

Just re-quoting myself here, since I'd love some info on this when you have sec. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ Oh yes, sorry I missed it.

Overall, our mens stock is pretty similar between the two stores. Since we do more of our shipping out of Manhattan, we generally have a broader selection of trousers and chinos there. Handsewn shoes are more in Manhattan, while Aldens are generally stocked more in Brooklyn.

Looking forward to your visit!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'll drop a note before I come by. Excited to see the shop, and pop over to Self Edge as well!

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
Finally pulled the trigger on pre-ordering the Alden Brixton Cordovan Boots in Ravello. Will go nicely with my Black Calf Brixtons and will be my first pair of Cordovan boots\\shoes. Thanks Mike and Adele for answering my emails about this purchase!

You will be glad you did this

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's the Our Legacy pieces that we're carrying for the season. This a great collection - the fit's great (although you need to size down on most items) and the quality is fantastic.
Our%20Legacy%20olive%20mac.jpg
Bonded Cotton Mac in Olive: $355
Our%20Legacy%20Fishtail%20Parka.jpg
Waxed Cotton Fishtail Parka: $425
Our%20Legacy%20plaid%20buttondown.jpg
Japanese Madras Shirt: $175
Our%20Legacy%20navy%20blazer.jpg
Ramie Unconstructed Sportcoat: $245
cardigan.jpg
Superfine Cotton Cardigan: $165

ubc121

Reaction score
Anyone have fit pics of their charcoal herringbone chinos? Thanks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear all NYC-area SF'ers,

If you're free this Saturday, me and few friends are going to march with the Harris Tweed Authority. It's an open invitation is you want to come with us!
http://harristweed123.wordpress.com/

The dress code is Harris Tweed, but if you wear non-Harris tweed I sure won't tell. Personally, I'm not wearing any tweed, but I've got a 5-yard wool kilt in the tartan of the Hebrides Island tartan (home of Harris Tweed), so I'll keep it real in a different way. This is getting paired with Whiskey Longwings and an Heirloom Shawl sweater. It's going to be bananas.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, will you restock the tropical wool tapered rudys anytime soon?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Mike, will you restock the tropical wool tapered rudys anytime soon?

Not tropical wool. The Super 120's is almost as light as that, but more wearable as a true 3-season pant. So we've moved completely to that fabric. But I'll get a Rudy restock in Super 120's Medium Grey, Super 120's Midnight, Butterscotch Canvas, and UK Stone Chino.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads