• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cr1234

Reaction score
Very happy with the oxblood. Hopefully there are some Ms in the extra red gingham flannels. I've been kicking myself for not buying it when I had the chance.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
ok so salt & pepper or burgundy...

or blue?!

do I need another blue shirt?

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm debating blue as well...already have an Epaulet blue seersucker plus a blue OCBD from Wang or whatever. Whoops, also have the Epaulet blue chambray. So many choices...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay guys, the shirts are up! I still have the replace the detail shots within the descriptions (they're currently set to the brown flannel), but everything else is built and ready for checkout.
4057267332_c39ae55a37.jpg
4057269318_af7657afe1.jpg
Oxblood Corduroy: $130
exploded%20checklo.jpg
Exploded Check: $130 And a note on the Exploded check pattern matching. We had really limited fabric (it was a close-out) to work with, so I gave the cutting room some leeway to position the shirt. The horizontal stripes should match up, but it's not definite whether the actual color bands would match up. I figured that it's best to get more shirts, as some customers might dig the "mash up" look. The colors are super-bold already, so the irregular pattern can come off as playful. I was able to make 12 units. I received 2 yesterday and the other 10 will be delivered this evening. Of the two units I have, one is perfectly pattern-matched, and the other one (the one I shot) is mashed-up. When I get the balance of the shirts this evening, I'll know exactly which shirts are made what way. I'll shoot and post images of both the regular and irregular pattern in the next few hours. If you've been waiting to buy an exploded check shirt, then don't worry. If you purchase the shirt now, I'll send you images of the exact shirt that you'll receive once they arrive tonight, so you can see it before we ship. If you don't like it, I'll put through an immediate refund for you.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Wow, that is bold. I'm gonna have to see some fit pics. Not really liking how the pattern doesn't line up. Normally I wouldn't care, but with such a bold color like that lime, incongruity makes the shirt even more a visual bitchslap.

We're getting 12 units of this, and I'm actually not sure how many will be matched and how many will be mashed up (posted the details above). I'll have the full rundown tonight.

I do know that I love the phrase "visual bitchslap." Jesus, if I had an electro-rock band, that would be our name in a heartbeat!

Originally Posted by snake
Ooo the oxblood looks better than I imagined! Well done, Mike.

Just to be clear, the black tartan is still coming right?

Thanks! I'll do a fit pic with the oxblood on in a bit, it's really nice. The fabric is phenomenal. It''s soft, but still has density, so it's warm and not floppy.

Originally Posted by ahjota
Lady AHjota ooh-ed at the oxblood. Good sign?

Awe yeah!

Originally Posted by nyf
Do you have a back shot? Curious to see how the exploded plaid handles darts...

Will do.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike, would it be possible to request a lined up pattern variation of the shirt if supplies allow it?

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 of the pictures on the Oxblood page are of the brown gingham...

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
2 of the pictures on the Oxblood page are of the brown gingham...

Originally Posted by Epaulet
Okay guys, the shirts are up! I still have the replace the detail shots within the descriptions (they're currently set to the brown flannel), but everything else is built and ready for checkout.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads