• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of 34 ripstop rivets and 33 duck Walts. Both are too big and I want to try shrinking.

What's the best approach while being gentle in the fabric?

I'm thinking hot water, gentle cycle and no dryer??

malwear

Reaction score

If you're good with the body fit, then the sleeves can be easily stretched out. Wear the sweater and have a family member or friend hold onto the sleeve and slowly stretch it down. You can mold them that way, and they'll stay at that length.

Mike, could you also stretch the body of the heirloom? How much extra length do you think you could safely get?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet x Northern Watters Heirloom Sweater Preorder

Hey guys!

The preorder is live. We'll be able to take orders on size 44 and 46 for this custom run too. We've got 24 units of Dark Glacier, 16 of Grape Heather, and 16 of Derby Marl. The Derby photo is from the factory, and shows a different model of sweater. For the sake of this preorder, it will be made in the same Epaulet Heirloom fit (a hell of a lot slimmer than the one pictured) and with our dark horn buttons. Just like the other two colors.

Terms are a $150 deposit, $175 balance before shipping. We have to close the preorder on midnight Wednesday in order to get them in time, as every single piece is made by hand. This will go out in our newsletter on Tuesday, so you guys have first crack at the stock if you want one.

A note for size 34: it's not in their pattern at the moment, so we unfortunately cannot offer it. That said, I've sold a few 36's to guys who regularly take a 34 jacket, and it doesn't look too large on them by any means.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the Derby. I LOVE the glacier, but I have a navy cardigan that I think it would be redundant with.

Mike - safe to assume the dark horn buttons that you're pairing with this color wont really stick out like the lighter ones in the pic? A little contrast is fine, but I'm hoping for something that blends better like on the other colors

Thanks

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to get in on that pre order for the cardigan but just not sure how much I would wear it
I will echo what NewYorkIslander said about wearing one for a full 3 seasons, and it's my go to garment when the weather is under 60. I find them remarkably versatile. I literally had to keep track of the last time I wore my shawl collared cardigan last year to make sure I didn't wear it to work multiple times the same week. Pick one up in a versatile color and you wont regret it.

Last edited:

NCowardParody

Reaction score
The fact you guys are doing this extra run of Heirloom Cardigans is pretty amazing. Thank you. Especially excited you're including the option of larger sizes...

I'm going for a Dark Glacier in size 44 (XXL). Tried the 42 on in-store and while I really love and could totally live with the slim fit, I tend to prefer my cardigans a little chunkier.

Hellz yah.

Last edited:

Todd V

Reaction score
So, my wife has the hardie in size 34 and wears it like a robe aroud the house. On me, it's a little long in sleeves and body because I'm not tall. In general it is "bulky."

Do you guys find the heirloom to be less "bulky" than the hardie?

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
The fact you guys are doing this extra run of Heirloom Cardigans is pretty amazing. Thank you. Especially excited you're including the option of larger sizes...

I'm going for a Dark Glacier in size 44 (XXL). Tried the 42 on in-store and while I really love and could totally live with the slim fit, I tend to prefer my cardigans a little chunkier.

Hellz yah.

Do you mind if I ask what sizes you normally wear? Height, measurements, etc? I thought about going for the 44 but ordered a 42. Wondering if I should change it...

NCowardParody

Reaction score
Do you mind if I ask what sizes you normally wear? Height, measurements, etc? I thought about going for the 44 but ordered a 42. Wondering if I should change it...
I don't have my exact measurements but I'm about 5'9" and have a 44" chest and pretty broad shoulders. Stocky / athletic build. I can get away with a 42 in Epaulet NY shirts though they can sometimes feel a little tight. I wear a Doyle in 42 rather comfortably but when it's all buttoned up I can definitely feel a little pressure up top. Does that help?

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
I don't have my exact measurements but I'm about 5'9" and have a 44" chest and pretty broad shoulders. Stocky / athletic build. I can get away with a 42 in Epaulet NY shirts though they can sometimes feel a little tight. I wear a Doyle in 42 rather comfortably but when it's all buttoned up I can definitely feel a little pressure up top. Does that help?
Yeah man, thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member