• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike -- Couple questions on the Lightweight wool MTO.

1) Is the grey (8276) the same fabric as the grey hopsack walt?
2) Which do you think makes up better--wheat hopsack (8277) or tobacco (8281)? Looking for warm weather dress pant with or w/o sport coat.

Lightweight_Wools2_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Irish -

1) Yes, I believe so.

2) I struggled with the same but ended up going with the wheat hopsack. I'll probably end up with both to be honest.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I might have misread earlier, but are the overdyed Doyles supposed to hit this week?

They'll be either next week or the following week - coming with OD Wilshire jeans too. Without the SM store, our product launch cycle got a little bit slower (that UPS Ground to NYC is a killer) but we've got plenty of good things on deck. Next week will be the Kamigata and a bunch of new EPNY shirts.

I feel like the Doyle is more flexible.

Yup, I'd agree - the Doyle basically matches everything.

What price is the Noragi going to be retailing at?

$175 for the current two denims. It will go up/down depending what fabric we use in the future.

Can't say Thank You enough to SVB and Mike for helping out-of-towners to get some great gear from the SM shop.

Here are the newly arrived Carmina Brown Lizard Double Monks.

I also got a Navy Hopsack Cane Sport Coat that is a perfect match for my Navy Hopsack pants. Now it gives me a suit option.

Thanks Again!

Also pictured are Carmel Duck Rivets. The shoes were just tired on and I normally wouldn't wear them with this outfit (at least not with these socks).

Thank you sir! Sounds like a great haul, and those monks look great.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike -- Couple questions on the Lightweight wool MTO. 1) Is the grey (8276) the same fabric as the grey hopsack walt? 2) Which do you think makes up better--wheat hopsack (8277) or tobacco (8281)? Looking for warm weather dress pant with or w/o sport coat.
Yup, that's the same as our existing Grey Hopsack Walt And both of those fabrics will make up into exceptional trousers. Personally, I'd probably go for Tobacco. It's a great shade of brown and IMO will be a bit more eye-catching. I'd love that with something like the navy Loro Piana Vittorio jacket.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
Question on the Driggs trousers, with their 33" inseam will there be enough to roll/peg them? Note - I normally take a 32" inseam.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike -- Couple questions on the Lightweight wool MTO. 1) Is the grey (8276) the same fabric as the grey hopsack walt? 2) Which do you think makes up better--wheat hopsack (8277) or tobacco (8281)? Looking for warm weather dress pant with or w/o sport coat.
Yup, that's the same as our existing Grey Hopsack Walt And both of those fabrics will make up into exceptional trousers. Personally, I'd probably go for Tobacco. It's a great shade of brown and IMO will be a bit more eye-catching. I'd love that with something like the navy Loro Piana Vittorio jacket.
Well dang. Can I change my order to the tobacco or is it too late? I'll shoot you an email. Carmina strings and ring-rings tonight both from epaulet. And my son!
ge6y2etu.jpg

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain there will never come a time that seeing a bulldog doesn't make me smile.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Carmina strings and ring-rings tonight both from epaulet. And my son!
ge6y2etu.jpg

Nice pic MC! I agree with tricky, your bulldog makes me smile all the time man!

I think we should have a contest with some EP merchandise and our dogs. I'll post some of my girls (got two pups).

Last edited:

SeventyFive

Reaction score
How quickly was the Olive Doyle sold out in size 36? By the time I finally saw the email around noon it was already gone.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha yep I love English bulldogs. I don't even want to think about the day he's no longer with me. Awesome, awesome dogs.

slugworth

Reaction score
Mike, can you confirm the measurements of the EPLA shirts?

You stated that they are slimmer than the EPNY although the chest measurements suggest otherwise. ie the chest for small is 19.25 in EPLA and 19 in EPNY.

A small EPNY is a bit snug so sizing up to a medium looks to be a big step with a 20.25 chest.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike,

I am thinking about picking up the Vass Theresianer captoe in the cognac scotchgrain; however, I am not familiar with their lasts. Alden Barrie 8 & Carmina Rain 7.5 = 41.5 in New Peter?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damariushale02