• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the thigh on the Walt compared to the rivet? The measurements suggest that the Walt is actually tighter.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fall Contest Entry #2
Epaulet vs. The Black Friday Hoards - "Beating Them To the Pappy" (starring the Fisherman Shawl Collar and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 and Van Winkle Reserve 12)

image_zpsa53688b1.jpeg

Very cool. I like this one a lot. Sweater looks great in that fit.

neutrino

Reaction score
Hey Mike, awesome news on the shirts FF! Can't wait to take a peek at those swatches. Also curious how the MTO works out.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think Rob is trying to show off the new 150" LCD TV he bought in this submission. :foo:

I wish...this is just my humble attempt to out SVB SVB...actually, I just hope he's super busy on a really important case this week...or maybe with his girl on a couple of weeks vacation without internet service. :embar:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another thing: we've always had a large amount of guys who like the Gitman Vintage / Ashland Fit. By request, we'll be able to offer MTO shirts in those fits as well.

Incredible news. Let me know what the available fabrics are and I will put in several Size Small cutaway collar orders immediately.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great news about MTOs in the Gitman/Ashland fit. I can't wear the Epaulet shirts: the medium is too small in the chest and the large is too large in the collar, shoulder, and sleeve. Will you offer a spread collar in between the cutaway and the point?

Beav

Reaction score
Great news about the MTO shirts. It is only the sleeve length on the off-the-rack Epaulet shirts that doesn't work for me. Getting them a bit shorter makes the shirts an even better deal. I'll be sure to order some when this gets set up.

Pastor

Reaction score
Contest Entry

I've been offline for a while with the Holidays. I'm assuming that the contest is still going on.

Here is my entry
Epaulet Navy Hopsack DB suit
Carmina Brown Calf/Suede Balmoral Boots
7xor.jpg

Last edited:

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any pictures of the work jacket sample? I looked all over the thread and facebook and couldn't find anything.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The pictures look great so far guys - keep them coming!!

Incredible news. Let me know what the available fabrics are and I will put in several Size Small cutaway collar orders immediately.

Great news about MTOs in the Gitman/Ashland fit. I can't wear the Epaulet shirts: the medium is too small in the chest and the large is too large in the collar, shoulder, and sleeve. Will you offer a spread collar in between the cutaway and the point?

Great news about the MTO shirts. It is only the sleeve length on the off-the-rack Epaulet shirts that doesn't work for me. Getting them a bit shorter makes the shirts an even better deal. I'll be sure to order some when this gets set up.

Perfect - we'll look to kick this off in the next week or two! We can make both Epaulet and Ashland fits, and you can vary the sleeve length as you please. All three stores will have a fabric book available for you guys to look through, and I'll scan all of these swatches and shoot them in natural light for the online presentation.

Are there any pictures of the work jacket sample? I looked all over the thread and facebook and couldn't find anything.

Oh yes, here it is...

This was our very first fit samples, so there are no buttons on it, but this is the basic shape. We dialed in the fit to work with our mainline shirting, and it will also speak nicely to the LBM 1911 fit that a lot of our customers really like. We're looking at a January drop for this, and it will come in Navy, Moss, and Chocolate Duck. Planned price is $175, and it will be pre-washed and pre-shrunk.

Got another sample to show you guys too. We're working on some new sneakers for the Spring, kind of a minimal tennis shoe to complement the sport trainer that we have now. I'm still waiting on the smooth leather low-top sample, but I received a sample of our high-top design.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads