1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I'd wait to see what the actual product is and Mike's recommendations first. Maybe they fit like the more recent trainers. Maybe not.

2. badsha

badsha Senior member

So if I a 34 CXL belt is 1/2" too small, should I wait and let it stretch out? OR get a 36 and cut it to size.

3. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I think you should let it stretch out to 34. I ordered a size 34 and it seemed small for a 34 until I remembered that CXL stretches. It now fits perfect after 2~3 wears. Of course, getting a 36 and cutting it to size would work too, and that would guard against it possibly not stretch enough for whatever reason.

4. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Sorry if I missed this, but will there be a restock of natural CXL belts in the popular 32 and 34 sizes?

5. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

Yeah I probably would have gone with the 34 had I realized. However I'm sure it won't be a problem getting it cut down. Not sure where best to take it. Think a cobbler would be the best bet?

6. badsha

badsha Senior member

I can do it myself with the right tools. I am returning a Navy 34 CXL belt. Ill wait to see what others say.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Yes, there is a big reorder in. About a month or so

8. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

I tried asking about the CXL belt thing like three times on here but I never got an answer =\
    For me sizing down isn't even an option. I could only buy one if it were designed to stretch.

9. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I apologize if this is an obvious question but for folks who are sporting the Epaulet shawl cardigans: If you leave the top 2(or more) buttons unbuttoned, will the shawl collar continue to fold out on down?

If anyone feels inspired to post a casual pic like that I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

FWIW I haven't noticed any significant stretching in any of my CXL belts from EP.

11. malwear

malwear Senior member

I ordered a pair of Benjos boot laces for my Carmina jumpers and the tips of the laces wouldn't fit through the metal eyelets.

Does anyone have a rec for good boot laces to replace the crappy Carmina ones, but that will still fit through Carmina eyelets?

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

Ugh really? I have two pairs of Benjos I was planning to put on Carmina boots this weekend.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

[​IMG]
    Choc Walts

2 people like this.
  14. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Sir, this is a really nice setup. Which jacket is that?

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

@NewYorkIslander that beard is looking fierce so early in the season! You gonna let it go all winter?

16. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Thank you. Jacket is Ercoles.

Yessireebob! Been oiling it since end of August!

17. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

With all the $400 Horween leather New Balance showing up, can't wait to see the shell sneaker here. The NB will make it seem like a bargain...and I won't comment on any of the NB designs.

18. aglose

aglose Senior member

So if i get a heirloom cardigan, which color would be the most versatile? I'm assuming its between navy and charcoal, the navy would be better for Spring/Fall and the charcoal better for winter, but if I'm only getting one, which would be most versatile?

19. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

I was in your position deciding between navy/charcoal. I went with navy. Thought it looked more classic, but I'm also biased because blue is my favorite color.

20. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Blue is my favorite color as well, which means half my wardrobe is blue. I really wish it came in a nice autumn red/rust color. Grey is a little drab, which means I'll likely pass on these.