• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Costa

Reaction score
RUDY SPECIAL ORDERS FOR FALL '13 FABRICS

Hey guys!

Okay, so we're going to try something new for this season. Rather than doing a week-long order period, we're going to take Rudy preorders on demand. Adele built out an item online where you can see the available fabrics and place your order. We've kind of overwhelmed the factory with Rudy orders all at once, so I think this will cut down the turnaround time significantly.

Special Order Rudy Trouser Fall 13 Fabrics

Right now we've got 7 fabrics available there, but we'll build out additional ones as they become available and take out others as they sell out.

In terms of availability, there's only enough to make a few units of Nightshade and the Windowpane Flannels, so I wouldn't wait too long on those if you like them. UK Donegals and Oxford Grey should hold out for a while yet.
This is great! Just ordered a few. Does this mean that the wait for delivery will be significantly less? Will this menu always be there so that one can pop in and place a Rudy order from available fabrics instead of waiting? Thank you!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How does one go about an MTO Rivet Chino and also are the fabrics viewable on the site? I'm on my second pair of R/Cs and they are probably the best fitting off the rack trouser casual trouser I've ever had.

With that being said, are Rivet Chinos available in Walt fabrics? I really don't want to deviate from the R/C fit.

Great! Glad that you dig them! Here's the current lineup of MTO Rivet fabrics, all of which are cotton or cotton-ripstop...

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-special-order

I'll put up the wool options next week. They're going to be bonkers! We won't be able to offer Rivets in the same fabrics as the Walt, but these will tick some of those boxes.

This is great! Just ordered a few. Does this mean that the wait for delivery will be significantly less? Will this menu always be there so that one can pop in and place a Rudy order from available fabrics instead of waiting? Thank you!!

Thank you sir! And yes, the delivery should be faster with this system, as it's easier for the factory to cut Rudy's in small batches. And we'll look to update the Rudy item with all of the new fabrics, and we'll build out a separate one next week for carryover goods that we do every season (wool hopsack, 120s, UK canvas, etc).

Simplicio

Reaction score
OK, I have to return to the topic of the tweed sport coats. We have a number of options with these, but my first thought is that these heavier tweeds almost have to be fully lined, with a little structure in the shoulder. Patch pockets will be best, and probably with flaps. In many cases, elbow patches will be a nice touch. With heavy tweed I think you want to go with horn buttons. So despite having other options, I think the Epaulet "Daltrey" style will often prevail.

Regarding the elbow patches: we have three choices, tan suede, chocolate suede, and self. Is the tan suede the same as the goat suede that has been offered in the past? This is a nice fabric.

I am still looking at the oatmeal Donegal, although the rusty violet herringbone also looks good. The oatmeal looks like the kind of SC you could wear almost all the time, as a default. I think I would get the oatmeal with either no elbow patches or the chocolate suede. But the rusty violet has more interesting colours. For those who have seen the fabric, does it read as a mostly brown fabric?

I'd be curious to hear what others are thinking.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey, guys. All this sunny LA talk reminded me I had some snowy Brooklyn shots to put up. These are from an engagement shoot with my now-wife taken last winter in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Blackwatch heirloom cardigan Blue point collar oxford Carmina Steinbecks
congrats man. dem boots are bangin'

Todd V

Reaction score

OK, I have to return to the topic of the tweed sport coats. We have a number of options with these, but my first thought is that these heavier tweeds almost have to be fully lined, with a little structure in the shoulder. Patch pockets will be best, and probably with flaps. In many cases, elbow patches will be a nice touch. With heavy tweed I think you want to go with horn buttons. So despite having other options, I think the Epaulet "Daltrey" style will often prevail.

Regarding the elbow patches: we have three choices, tan suede, chocolate suede, and self. Is the tan suede the same as the goat suede that has been offered in the past? This is a nice fabric.

I am still looking at the oatmeal Donegal, although the rusty violet herringbone also looks good. The oatmeal looks like the kind of SC you could wear almost all the time, as a default. I think I would get the oatmeal with either no elbow patches or the chocolate suede. But the rusty violet has more interesting colours. For those who have seen the fabric, does it read as a mostly brown fabric?

I'd be curious to hear what others are thinking.

I agree with the patch flap pockets and full lining and structured shoulder. I too am curious to see how those colors read in real life. Not sure about the elbow patches though...doubt I will go for them but maybe.

OlafG

Reaction score
I'm looking to get some moleskin trousers for fall, would it be better for me to wait for you to build out the Rudy options in the store, or should I do an e-mail order?

Also, do you know the weight of your moleskin fabric?

aldenwear

Reaction score
True that. Always pays to be err on the side of (over)clarity on web fora.

Your explanation of the virtues if Epaulet's way of handling out-of-its-market sizing is very well stated.

quote name="El Argentino" url="/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/22890#post_6548940"]
Always. SVB's got his hitlist all drawn up already.

EDIT: Disclaimer is always nice. People get passions so flamed so quickly it's not worth the risk.[/quote]

Last edited:

hypomnema

Reaction score

OK, I have to return to the topic of the tweed sport coats.... the rusty violet has more interesting colours. For those who have seen the fabric, does it read as a mostly brown fabric?

More violet actually. I was in the other day and had thought that fabric was off my list until I saw it in person. It's certainly muted, but the violet is more pronounced overall than the brown and more than in the image, I think. It's pretty great.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone have experience with the charred forest? the website picture makes it look charcoal and the green only comes out in the super magnification, is the green/gold texture visible in real life, and would your recommend it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads