1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Actually they'll be less than that - we're planning the EPLA cotton sportcoats to be $195. So well under $400 for the jacket and matching trousers.

We're still working on it. I've gone through 3 samples, and I'm trying to get this to be the most perfect casual cotton sportcoat made in the USA. It ain't easy, but we're close. Playing with new methods of doing the armhole to give you space but still look slim. But when we pull it off, we can do prices like $195 for Galey & Lord Military Twill, $250 for UK moleskin or Corduroy, probably $295 for a soft washable wool tweed. It's high on the development list.

And man, for next spring we can bust it out in garment dyed poplin and such. We can do great eggshell and cream tones.

2. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

I really dig the snuff trainers but have absolutely zero idea what to wear them with. All my pants are Walts in wool/khyber/cotton twill and a handful of linen shorts for summer.

... I don't really know how to wear sneakers period. Except with shorts?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  3. asaa1000

asaa1000 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to special order the white sneaker without the grey suede piece at the back, I really like the shape but would like one thats all white.

4. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Hi Mike,

Any words of wisdom on Kamigata sizing?

I wear Southwick Caine SC in 38 (will try next MTO in 39 for a bit more room) and your shirts in M but very fit. What size should I get in Kamigata? I'm planning to wear it with a tee without layering too much.

Thanks

5. Beav

Beav Well-Known Member

Woah, this is great. I can't wait until this is available. Having a casual option is perfect for my workplace, and these prices are great. I'm certain that I'll get several of these, and it's great to see that there'll be the potential for different fabric options.

Thanks very much for the update, and for the work you're putting in to make this happen.

6. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

I agree. Depending on the fit, I am in for a few as well.

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

I'd suggest a Medium. Chances are that you could do a Small, but it might be too tight. The Medium might be a little loose, but that works very nicely with this shape.

The Fall off-white Tennis Lo will be all leather - it doesn't have a coordinating suede panel. The Slate Blue one will have a suede back, but that's going to be matched in color to the smooth leather.

The Snuff trainers really go with anything. Jeans, chinos in nearly any color, canvas trousers, linen trousers etc. The only thing that I would stay away from are chinos/trousers which are nearly the exact same color and very dressy trousers like our Super 120s pieces.

I actually just had a gentleman come in to the BK store wearing a vintage white silk Jean Paul Gaultier suit. It was out of control. He picked up the snuff sneakers to wear with that.

8. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike and Cormac McCarthy ([​IMG]) for the tips on the watches. Will investigate repairs and put the Seiko on my list!

I agree with Mike's recommendation for sure, but for a relatively routine operation like tapering Walts I've found Stanton to be completely reasonable with wait times. (Then again, I have been a regular and loyal customer of theirs for years, and the EP guys think I might get some special treatment because of that.) Either way, you should be fine. The LES has great tailors on nearly every block.

@Epaulet Mike, oh man, the JPG suit/sneaker combo. Sounds amazing.

9. brp2

brp2 Well-Known Member

Seriously. I can't wait to see these. I also can't wait to get back to New York in October. Even with a baby, I'll make it down to Epaulet.

10. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

Unreal. Forward thinking for sure, man. Can't wait for this.

Thanks for the rec on the camera! Are the colors that bad on the Fuji? I've seen some amazing shots on FStoppers, and I love the Fuji primes. I will try to rent it.

11. Notquitecharter

Notquitecharter Member

Mike,

Any update on the EPLA shorts delivery? Thanks

12. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

I got over my uncertainty over the white soles on the snuff tennis shoes and ordered a pair. The IRL pics that have been posted won me over. Looking forward to wearing them for the rest of summer and beyond.

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

I really fail to see how people are legitimately stressing over how to wear sneakers...

EDIT: let me qualify so as to not sound like a complete snob. Epaulet's brand is so tight and master planned that I fail to see Mike releasing anything that doesn't phase seamlessly into the rest of his line. The sneakers are a natural outgrowth of the brand, and not a sudden turn in the road. The upper material, soles, design and colors are meant to compliment his existing and forthcoming stuff. Just grab and go - almost no thought required.

I think a lot of people dive into SF so far that more basic sensibilities are disregarded. They're casual shoes. Wear them as such. Don't care too much.

5 people like this.
  14. MGoCrimson

Well, I've never worn sneakers for anything other than actual athletic activities, so I'm a bit lost. Trying to decide between the white calf and snuff now.

15. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Haha, @El Argentino , I ended up following the previously mentioned SF strategy. That, and having an amusing conversation with Mike today on my first visit to the store which was awesome (I happened to be the only visitor at that time). There's so much going on in the EP world now and so much to discuss I wished I'd come earlier (although I'd imagine there would be more customers too). I'll see if I can make good use of those trainers.
    Man, this is really common knowledge ITT, but for the newcomers - if you find yourself visiting NYC (like me), you owe it to yourself to stop by EP. Like the website says, they "will absolutely talk your ear off about the merchandise", and in a good way. I had some other questions about my upcoming orders and needless to say, everything was resolved perfectly.

1 person likes this.
  16. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

I believe @FrankCowperwood posted a photo wearing the Overdye Navy Wilshire outdoors, but I didn't get a good feel for the color under direct sun. Anyone else have shots of it?

Thinking I might not need the Ring-Ring and the Overdye, so might spring for something else instead of both trousers.

17. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

What the hell did you wear as a kid?

18. MGoCrimson

Very preppy/ivy stuff - loafers, bucks,etc

19. sarteaga

sarteaga Well-Known Member

This is great to hear! Question, I'm borderline 46/47 chest, would the EPA cotton SC come in those sizes? Or could I go the MTO route on it?

20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Navy overdye is really nice IMO. It's dark solid navy but rich. I'll try to post some direct light photos in the next couple of days. It's finally a little on the warm side for jeans here. [​IMG]

Others will have to comment on the ring ring's
    texture, big I assume it is subtle and that they make up as a staple pair of jeans. I'd say if anything the overdye navy reads less as denim right away and more as a five pocket twill trouser. So that could be good or bad depending in how much you want "jeans." And once they fade it may be different.

Also, purple denim and cotton linen kamigatas? Oh dear.