1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Be safe, dudes!

2 people like this.
  2. tricky

tricky Senior member

Happy new year to the most stylish crew out there!

3 people like this.
  3. jpo

jpo Senior member

I just snagged my first Carmina! The last Sinclair Shortwing Boot Burgundy Shell Cordovan, which happened to be my size 10.5 us. Crossing my fingers and rubbing the Buddha belly that it's a good fit as I've
    Never tried on Carmina before. I'm a solid 10.5 in Allen Edmond so I hope I'm good! These boots look amazing.

4. tricky

tricky Senior member

Should fit just fine :)

5. applky

applky Senior member

Love this as an overshirt. Well done.

Yep, it begins in earnest. Epaulet always has tweed outwear in the fall/winter. I think there are a few on sale, too.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

For those that live in the colder regions, what sort of outfits are you wearing at the moment? I ask because I have to go to Minnesota in a couple of weeks and I see the temps are outlandishly cold. Luckily, being the weirdo that I am, I have overcoats and heavyweight tweeds. Just want to make sure I prepare properly :)

7. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Senior member

How much time are you planning on spending outside?

8. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

I live in Minnesota and my go-to lately has been dainite-soled boots, tweed pants (possibly thermal underwear underneath), wool sweater, and an N3-B parka. Don't forget gloves because the cold is on brutal your hands.

That's sufficient, but I still wouldn't want to be outside for long periods. Downtown Minneapolis has an awesome skyway system connecting the buildings so if you're in that area you hardly need to go outdoors! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis_Skyway_System

1 person likes this.
  9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've heard about the skyway. My coworker's daughter works for Target Corp and she said that she takes that thing to work and home, doesn't even need a big coat.

Just curious...is the skyway open 24/7/365 for use?

Alas, I will be going to the suburb of Eden Prairie. Gloves and hats will be brought. I don't have a parka, hopefully a very heavy wool overcoat works :(

It will also be my first time driving in the snow. I hope there isn't a blizzard during the time of the visit.

Sorry for the not directly Epaulet question, dudes. Just figure I ask here since I post in here so much!

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

As minimum as possible, haha.

It's a quick trip. Will be driving to hotel and visiting sites (planning to stay indoors).

11. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

another crucial part of dealing with the cold is to layer. if you have them, long johns and thermal undershirts will keep you very warm. i personally would recommend uniqlo heattech.

also wearing sweaters and knits over buttondowns will help as well.

1 person likes this.
  12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I actually sleep in thermal long johns and shirts. I don't think they'll fit too well under my clothing though since my clothing is quite slim. With that said, I'll probably wear compression gear that I wear to work out! Lol.

In such cold temperatures, going into the negative zone, is it 'professional' to wear a beanie to work?

13. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

lol compression gear works well too, been there man.

yea i have worn beanies to professional environments, not sure about other guys. the minute I enter a building, i take the hat off so not many people really see it

14. applky

applky Senior member

180s-style earmuffs are fairly professional looking and keep your ears and head very warm -- that is, as long as you don't mind the top of your head getting cold. The ears are really the most important, though.

On the hat front -- a while back, Mike's mom hand knit a few hats that the store sold. I don't know if they ever made it online, but they were awesome. If I were a hat-wearing sort, I definitely would have picked one up.

1 person likes this.
  15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Beanies are fine...its Minnesota. Watch Fargo. I bought one of those Mike's Mom Beanies for my wife last Christmas...awesomeness.

All good tips...if you can find it, there's a company called undersilk. AWESOME. The worst part of layering in the cold is when youre not in the cold (ie office). My school is a shit show in the winter cause the heat is cranked up and it gets so hot...but the undersilk is nice and light. Keeps you super warm in the cold, but doesn't overheat in the heated rooms.

Driving in the snow...get 4WD. Go slow. Don't be afraid to drive in the right lane with your hazards on if necessary. better be the guy everybody points and laughs at, than the guy everybody is crying for. Snow isn't so bad though, ice is.

Wool is generally the best kind of office wear OC. ...make sure you bring a scarf as well.

Have fun bro...I expect epic Frozen Tundra fit pics!

16. SeanMarcellus

SeanMarcellus Well-Known Member

Check out the ECWCS Gen III silk weights made with poloartech, ones I have are Roth, can get them on ebay. These are the best I've tried, they are warmer than a wool or silk base layer and stop the wind. Also check out sock liners, they are paper thin and will make your feet warm all day they are only $5 for 2 pair and amazing. Our average winter get down to 10, though I've seen it get to -20, we are on a couple rivers and the breeze off the river in winter is frigid.

I think this with a pair of Epaulet Heavy Wool trousers would work really well.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Wow...Those WWII boots in cognac shell came out incredible!! Super jealous for those that snagged them

18. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Happy New Year everybody

19. applky

applky Senior member

Definitely, but for me it's the hand-burnished scotch grain that's the stunner. That hand burnishing...!

20. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I pre-ordered the hatch grain. I must admit, it appears like it turned out substantially lighter (and more orange) than I expected. I actually figured it would look like the scotch grain and that the scotch grain would look like it. Am I alone?

Oh well.

Edit: Also, for what it's worth, there was a point where it was supposed to be a hatch grain WWII, no? I'm so confused. BUT, looking forward to some sweet boots nonetheless!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014