1. MEGA EASTER EGG HUNT has started now! There will be $50, $100 eggs and a Golden Egg with a pair of St. Crispin's brown oxford shoes from Skoaktiebolaget inside!
  2. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. hookem12387

hookem12387 Distinguished Member

I actually don't have any rivet chinos. I've been meaning to try them sometime, but just haven't.

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

This is beautiful, MrDV. Good combo.

3. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

Can anyone comment on how the Epaulet Cutaway collar lies when open? I'm very interested in the linen shirt at the bottom, but would be wearing it unbuttoned.

I'm worried the collar is going to wear more like the first picture - the BB, where the placket to the collar lies flat - when I'd rather it wears like the second. (I wish I had a better way to describe this or even a way to understand/predict it. I've had shirts where I couldn't discern a construction difference but would sit totally differently):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ahjota

ahjota Distinguished Member

You should look at the product images for some of the other cutaway collar shirts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013

5. Dbear

Dbear Distinguished Member

plus the 1st pic is a button down collar...

6. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

Good point, but I just wasn't able to find a pic of a non-BD quickly. I've had non-button downs do the same thing (and returned a few because of it). If I see a better nonBD pic in the near future, I'll edit my post to include it.

edit: see me post below with similar epaulet cutaway collar shirts, both non-BD, but with the different stances I'm talking about.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013

7. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

Thanks much, I didn't find them in my earlier haste - your pics look better, but below are two that continue to confound me. Looks like the same collar (and the tie space for each looks the same) but the green gingham has a nice placket roll to a perky stance, while the cobalt blue has that flat placket-to-tab 90 degree angle thing going on.

I know this sounds nitpicky (but at $160 a shirt, it's a dealbreaker) but the green collar "stance" I love, the blue I would despise (as in it would perpetually annoy me). In my past experience, it's not just the result of ironing/pressing and/or luck of the day, some shirts seem to be constructed intentionally that way, and I don't know the how/why's to be able to predict it before buying and trying it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. trig

trig Distinguished Member

i'm sure weight/strength of the fabric has something to do with it as well.

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

10. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

11. Concub1ne

Concub1ne Senior Member

Nice combo. Who made the tassels btw?

12. Foxhound

Foxhound Distinguished Member

So, I just got some Epaulet Chinos, here's the Caramel in 8oz. Love them to bits.
    Rocking it with my Apolis Wool Chore Coat, Burberry Brit White OCBD, Loake 1880 Wentworths, and WarbyParker Winstons. Fit looks a bit bad as I was moving, but looks much better IRL.
    [​IMG]

13. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

Cheaney and sons.

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Distinguished Member

Factory Finds jackets have started shipping!

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Great choices and enjoy them!

We can make both of these via special order for you, just drop us an email. Unfortunately there just wasn't enough demand for size 28 walts, 28-29 chinos, XS shirts, and 34R jackets for us to keep stocking them. But we can certainly cut these sizes for you in any of our garments, provided that we have the fabric on hand.

The next Southwick Factory finds round is scheduled for June. We'll offer a bunch of wools and tweeds, with delivery around September. Perfect timing for the season. I'll shoot to do more shirts then as well, but it might be later than that.

This week will debut the very first RIVET CHINO FACTORY FINDS!

Good freaking lord are you guys going to love this. I have a batch of fabrics that we've never run in the rivet chino shape - including a bunch of prince of wales checks. Pricing is going to be $150 for Cotton and $170 for Wools. There's lots to choose from and these fabrics are all finer and considerably more expensive than the canvas' and twills that we usually use in the Rivet Chino. This will probably be a once-in-a-year opportunity to order some really special things in that shape.