• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you size Rudy vs Rivet? Right now I have all all 33 Rudy and 34 Rivet, but my Rudys are actually starting to feel tighter than my Rivets (most of my Rivets are duck canvas). The only Rivet I had to size up on was the grey oxford cloth - those were super tight, so I went all the way up to 36 then had the waist taken in about 2 full inches.
I actually don't have any rivet chinos. I've been meaning to try them sometime, but just haven't.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how the Epaulet Cutaway collar lies when open? I'm very interested in the linen shirt at the bottom, but would be wearing it unbuttoned.

I'm worried the collar is going to wear more like the first picture - the BB, where the placket to the collar lies flat - when I'd rather it wears like the second. (I wish I had a better way to describe this or even a way to understand/predict it. I've had shirts where I couldn't discern a construction difference but would sit totally differently):

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on how the Epaulet Cutaway collar lies when open?

You should look at the product images for some of the other cutaway collar shirts.

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

plus the 1st pic is a button down collar...

Good point, but I just wasn't able to find a pic of a non-BD quickly. I've had non-button downs do the same thing (and returned a few because of it). If I see a better nonBD pic in the near future, I'll edit my post to include it.

edit: see me post below with similar epaulet cutaway collar shirts, both non-BD, but with the different stances I'm talking about.

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You should look at the product images for some of the other cutaway collar shirts.

Thanks much, I didn't find them in my earlier haste - your pics look better, but below are two that continue to confound me. Looks like the same collar (and the tie space for each looks the same) but the green gingham has a nice placket roll to a perky stance, while the cobalt blue has that flat placket-to-tab 90 degree angle thing going on.

I know this sounds nitpicky (but at $160 a shirt, it's a dealbreaker) but the green collar "stance" I love, the blue I would despise (as in it would perpetually annoy me). In my past experience, it's not just the result of ironing/pressing and/or luck of the day, some shirts seem to be constructed intentionally that way, and I don't know the how/why's to be able to predict it before buying and trying it.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm sure weight/strength of the fabric has something to do with it as well.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I just got some Epaulet Chinos, here's the Caramel in 8oz. Love them to bits.
Rocking it with my Apolis Wool Chore Coat, Burberry Brit White OCBD, Loake 1880 Wentworths, and WarbyParker Winstons. Fit looks a bit bad as I was moving, but looks much better IRL.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Factory Finds jackets have started shipping!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

My shirts came in today:

Great choices and enjoy them!

Damnit I missed the eggshell linen in XS, any chance of a restock?

PS- I miss size 28 walts. :cry:

We can make both of these via special order for you, just drop us an email. Unfortunately there just wasn't enough demand for size 28 walts, 28-29 chinos, XS shirts, and 34R jackets for us to keep stocking them. But we can certainly cut these sizes for you in any of our garments, provided that we have the fabric on hand.

Apologies if this has been answered, but do the MTO shirts use the new modified (button-down) collar?

WOW! That shirt looks AWESOME!

Mike, any more Factpry Finds on the way...every time these get delivered my hesitance kills me and I have non-buyers remorse? Jackets and shirts especially.

The next Southwick Factory finds round is scheduled for June. We'll offer a bunch of wools and tweeds, with delivery around September. Perfect timing for the season. I'll shoot to do more shirts then as well, but it might be later than that.

This week will debut the very first RIVET CHINO FACTORY FINDS!

Good freaking lord are you guys going to love this. I have a batch of fabrics that we've never run in the rivet chino shape - including a bunch of prince of wales checks. Pricing is going to be $150 for Cotton and $170 for Wools. There's lots to choose from and these fabrics are all finer and considerably more expensive than the canvas' and twills that we usually use in the Rivet Chino. This will probably be a once-in-a-year opportunity to order some really special things in that shape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads