• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some Spring looks from today:

Koi and LBM Jacket home in Brooklyn

Koi Shirt for Trip this AM to Queens Zoo:

I love my digi-cams from last Spring...the new ones look ace too!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good in those unconstructed blazers. Specifically on the blue one, I wonder though if a slightly lower button stance wouldn't fit your physique just a little more (in general, not slamming the jacket at all)...?

Hot (around 85) here today. Getting ready for an Easter Egg hunt with my daughter. RCs are French Blue 7oz.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looking good in those unconstructed blazers. Specifically on the blue one, I wonder though if a slightly lower button stance wouldn't fit your physique just a little more (in general, not slamming the jacket at all)...?

Hot (around 85) here today. Getting ready for an Easter Egg hunt with my daughter. RCs are French Blue 7oz.

Looking sharp ElArg...the 7oz is perfect for summer temps.

I miss the warmth. It was decent earlier but midway through our Zoo trip it started to get chilly again, and grey. Ugh. I agree on the button point, I feel that the plaid one is a little lower, but I don't mind it too much, the two LBM pieces I picked up recently are so hard not to wear every day, like these Somets I've been wearing non stop for three months.

Lovely pics, Rob. Also agree on the digi camo print. I love the one from last year. That's why I need shorts now!

Cheers W. I may, will wait until they drop and see what $$ is like then.

Miles Teg

Reaction score
I like the idea of the special order shirts but what I really need is special order pants. I can't be the only guy who lifts and isn't able to squeeze into any of the pants Epaulet sells now.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Some Spring looks from today:

Koi and LBM Jacket home in Brooklyn

Koi Shirt for Trip this AM to Queens Zoo:

I love my digi-cams from last Spring...the new ones look ace too!

Awesome ensemble by NYI. I don't usually like db jackets but this looks good. I think you should be nominated for esquire best dressed real men in America. How do we make that happen?

samsterdam

Reaction score
Was dropping off my latest Epaulet trouser additions to get hemmed and noticed someone else had just dropped off a pair of the side-tabs. They do look pretty slick in person. Might have to move those to the top of the queue.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
My Saddle Shell Sallingers have been through the wars a bit but there still holding up pretty well. Whether its wearing them to a wedding and getting a horrible scratch on one of the toe caps from a high heel or wearing them to the Christmas do thinking it would finish at 5pm and then not getting home until 5 am. One of these days, I'll learn. Here's a couple of pics of how they are holding up.

Having said all that, I got home from work the other day and noticed this on the sole. I must have stood on some glass or something. Is there a quick fix for this or will I have to go and get them re-soled or re-crafted?

Thanks

thebunk

Reaction score
Just shoot them an email. I have ordered size 35 chinos and am thinking of doing the same with a pair of shorts.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My Saddle Shell Sallingers have been through the wars a bit but there still holding up pretty well.
Whether its wearing them to a wedding and getting a horrible scratch on one of the toe caps from a high heel or wearing them to the Christmas do thinking it would finish at 5pm and then not getting home until 5 am. One of these days, I'll learn. Here's a couple of pics of how they are holding up.

Having said all that, I got home from work the other day and noticed this on the sole. I must have stood on some glass or something. Is there a quick fix for this or will I have to go and get them re-soled or re-crafted?

Thanks

This reaffirms my burning desire to obtain this shoe. Thank you.

altmana

Reaction score

No, it was beautifully finished inside with functional interior pockets. We'll make some tweaks to the original shape - particularly at the cuffs, which some guys found too tight, but the construction was pretty much perfect. We'll run it again in Navy and Grey, and maybe layer in a crazy color or pattern on top of that. Maybe a tweed or two.

Great to hear that you are fixing the cuffs--that is probably the biggest problem that I have with the one I got (and am selling). The collar also is too tight, and under the arms was just a bit tight as well.

Everything else, i.e., chest, length, construction, pockets, weight, was perfection.

For a size reference, I got a small, since that is the shirt size that fits me best. Hope this feedback helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads