1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

From personal experience, this coat is the shit. I bought the black one last year and it was one of those pieces I kept going to all winter long. And at $400, I will probably grab the sage at some point this fall too. Its tough as nails, light enough to not have you a sweaty mess (and I sweat a ton) but warm enough to keep you good in even the most the coldest winter (with a sweater underneath). I think I might buy the Sage in a size up and wear it as an overcoat during crummy weather with a sport coat underneath. Awesome, American made product!

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

That hairdo in the sage pic is almost bordering on boy band :)

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

NYI - I mulled this one over wondering if I needed something this warm for eastern PA last year then missed out. How did you size yours compared to what size you wear in Epaulet shirts/jackets or top sizes in some other brands like Gitman?

Also, do you have any worn pics to share?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  4. digga

digga Senior member

5. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

I've been reading a lot of this thread recently, great stuff. I hate to add spam, but I have the navy Eisenhower jacket in a small (currently out of stock) that I have no use for. Worn for all of a half hour before I came to terms with the fact that I should have gone medium. If anyone has the same jacket (navy or gray) or something similar they want to trade let me know.

6. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

If you're in North OC, I recommend G&G Tailors in Brea. I've been going there for a few years now and have a developed a great relationship with them. Check out Yelp or PM me if you want more details.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Pretty sure I went with a 38 (and I wear a 40 jacket)...here's some shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. jm22

jm22 Senior member

To the Epaulet folks,
    Is it possible to order a duck canvas rivet in khaki color? (or too redundant because of the 8 oz offering?) I don't see it on offer on your website but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

9. Malik

Malik Active Member

Long shot, but does anyone have this overshirt in a large? Or could anyone help put me in the right direction so i could possibly get one ? Grey or Navy for that matter
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  10. scb

scb Senior member

anyone get the speckled tweed long sleeve polo?

11. digga

digga Senior member

12. Malik

Malik Active Member

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member

The next Factory finds round is probably going to be in December-January, for delivery late Spring 2014. We've got a ton of in-season MTO options available right now, and we'll get about 6 stock styles in the next few weeks. There's some Harris Tweed and other goodies in the stock assortment. The Samuesohn Epaulet capsule line will drop around the same time too.
    We sold that Kudu boot like crazy this weekend - we're surely going to reorder this week. Matt's going to post it up in our Carmina thread so that guys can preorder extended sizes.
    Oh my god those Alt Wiens look great! I really love how Alden makes that pattern. It's pretty non-traditional and chunky. It's definitely my favorite shoe that they do.
    We'll be happy to work with you personally to find your sizing, but generally we recommend that you measure a pant that fits you well now rather than trying to measure yourself. We always advise this as (1) it's easier to measure a garment than a body and (2) everyone has their own preference on how things should fit. If you measure a pant in just three directions (waist, inseam, leg opening) and it's a fairly slim cut overall then this will give you a concrete idea on what size MTO Rivet to order. Rivets can be tailored in and out, so even if the first one is a little bit off, then it can be tailored to work.
    Haha, I thought the same thing! What happened there is that James shot him with the hood up for the first few frames, so there's major static cling happening. He's not usually looking like a backup musician for Love and Rockets. We call it the "Something About Mary" fit pic.
    Our supplier actually doesn't have an exact khaki-colored duck. Desert is the closest thing - it's essentially a pale khaki tone
    Glad that you asked! So.... let me first profess how much I admire Canada Goose. I owned one of their parka's a few years back and it was far and away the warmest jacket that I've ever owned. The sizing was bonkers (I had to get an XS, and I'm 5'10" and 190lb), but with massive sizing down it was a decent fit. That said, I had a major problem with it. It was too warm for nearly every situation. I get cold easily and I need a serious jacket for the winter. But this was totally overkill, at least for NYC. I'd be overheating on the subway, overheating in a car. I'd have to take it off within a few minutes of going indoors. It's an awesome piece if you're going to be outside in very cold temps for an extended amount of time. But for normal commuting and urban/surburban life, I found it to be uncomfortable - at least for the kind of temps that you get around New York. The N3-B strikes a great balance. It's truly warm enough to handle a freezing day, but it breathes well and doesn't overheat you immediately when you go indoors. You might not want to go hiking with it in Manitoba in January, but we had many customers in legitimately cold areas of Canada, Europe, and the Northern US wear it happily throughout normal winter-time life. The guys who bought this jacket really felt strongly about it too - I've never received such extensive personal feedback on something that we've sold. The guys who love it REALLY freaking love it. Provided that you dig the look and the style of this piece, you will be thrilled with how it performs. It's an awesome throwback to when America made real winter jackets.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member

VENETO VEST & SINGLE BREASTED JACKET SPECIAL ORDERS OPEN

Hey guys!

Thanks to everyone who ordered a Veneto cashmere vest! We're still covered in size US38 through US42, but US36 is sold out.

I've had a few customers inquire about ordering a size outside of our stock range. I spoke with the factory, and they can cut single units up to size US48 and down to size US34. The pattern and details have to stay the same, and we cannot tweak the length up or down. We've got enough fabric to make four additional units. Production time to your doorstep is about 4-5 weeks. The price would be $1150, as we're getting an upcharge for the in-season work. It's a final sale special order with 50% due at placement and 50% due once it arrives in the States. You'll be shipped from our NYC store, so you don't have to worry about import taxes or duties above and beyond that number.

This special order opportunity also holds for the Veneto Single Breasted Jacket. That would be $995 with a special order, and we can also do that same size range. We can also tweak the length by one inch in either the sleeves, the body or both. You could do a US40 with Regular Sleeves and a Long Body. Or a US36 with Short Sleeves and a Regular Body. Stuff like that.

I'll need to finalize everything within the next 2-3 days, so drop us an email if you're interested.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  15. tricky

tricky Senior member

Can I please ask for some sizing advice for the N3-B?

I'm 6'1" and around 170-175. I wear medium Epaulet shirts that just fit (sometimes a touch tight). 38R Napoli is a good fit but again a bit too small in the shoulders - I have a MTO on order in 39R that will probably be perfect.

Large shirts and 40R are definitely too big.

I live in Toronto so in the winter I would likely wear the coat with button down and thin sweater under it.

I'm torn between 36 (medium) and 38 (large) and would like to avoid multiple shippings by nailing it on my first order.

I thing it's the number 36 that's tripping me up given my weight/height as I'm almost always a medium in most normally sized brands.

Thanks!

16. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Hey tricky,

We are the same size (170lb)except for the hight (I'm 5'8).

I also wear EP shirts in M and 38R Caine hopsack. For N3-B I'm thinking to go for 36.

17. tricky

tricky Senior member

Sounds like it would work for you in 36 I'm just unsure bc I'm 39r and at my height I wonder if the sleeve length becomes an issue. Dope jacket though...definitely what I'm looking for.

18. Edsal17

Edsal17 Well-Known Member

Well looks like my Khaki Rivets made contact with bleach some how and now there are pink blotches on the legs. You guys think I might be able to dye them a completely different color (dark grey or blue) or are these guys toast?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  19. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

My build is very similar to yours. I'm 6'1", 170lbs and usually wear a medium in Epaulet shirts but go with a 40R in sportcoats because my shoulders are a bit wide. I have some sportcoats in 39R from the factory finds that fit me well too although the lapels bow ever so slightly.

I went with the 38 in the Spiewak. I tried the 36 as well last year and it felt too small around my torso.

20. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Just wanted to comment on the great customer service from Epaulet. I ordered shoe trees with shoes but was sent the wrong size. Instead of asking me to send it back like any other retailer would do, they simply refunded me the money. Its this kind of sincerity that makes me not want to purchase anywhere else, of course the fantastic styles don't hurt either.

On a different note, can anyone compare the Walts in tweed, flannel, and wool in terms of weight and warmth. I know I sound like a broken record asking for the warmest pieces all the time, but that's all you think about when its -20 all the time!

2 people like this.