• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samir

Reaction score
Believe me, I absolutely brutalized my feet with shoes from Alden...
Way to hurt your own business, haha! Just kidding - what had you meant to type instead?

I'm think I need a grey for my first forays into the Rivet Chinos - would you recommend the 8 oz Gunmetal or the Brushed Graphite? Aside from the (seemingly) slight color differences, any advantage of one fabric to account for the price difference?

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Way to hurt your own business, haha! Just kidding - what had you meant to type instead?

Probably Allen-Edmonds....

or Aldo heaven forbid.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen,

so as many of you know, I recently got married. The suit I wore was a custom order Epaulet double-breasted in a killer charcoal flannel fabric that Mike picked out. It turned out really really awesome. I had them add a ticket pocket and smoked mother of pearl buttons, but otherwise, this is the standard "Barrett" model. The lapel width works really well on my size 34 jacket, better than on the larger sizes, I think.

Fantastic. Skinny dudes like you own the DB (think Letterman).

Best wishes in your marriage. I'm coming up on 4 years...it don't get easier, but hopefully it gets better.

I will be ordering a Barrett after I dial in the fit.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Way to hurt your own business, haha! Just kidding - what had you meant to type instead? I'm think I need a grey for my first forays into the Rivet Chinos - would you recommend the 8 oz Gunmetal or the Brushed Graphite? Aside from the (seemingly) slight color differences, any advantage of one fabric to account for the price difference?
Haha, oh my god. I definitely meant to type "ALDO" rather than "Alden." Alden shoes - specifically the No. 975 Shell Cordovan Longwings - were the things that delivered me from horrible shoe ownership. Jesus H. Christ, I'm lucky that none of the NYC menswear bloggers saw that little mixup. I might get slapped with a wide-brimmed Borsalino hat the next time I'm exiting a speakeasy bar.
Gentlemen, so as many of you know, I recently got married. The suit I wore was a custom order Epaulet double-breasted in a killer charcoal flannel fabric that Mike picked out. It turned out really really awesome. I had them add a ticket pocket and smoked mother of pearl buttons, but otherwise, this is the standard "Barrett" model. The lapel width works really well on my size 34 jacket, better than on the larger sizes, I think. our photographer submitted us to this wedding blog called Rock n Roll Bride, which is apparently a pretty highly-trafficked blog in the wedding blog subculture. we got accepted, so here is the post with a bunch of photos if you guys want to see how the suit came out. also, my best man wore the no-longer-available Desmond jacket and still-available-by-custom-order Rudy trousers in Cadet Grey which you can see in a couple of the shots (his is the lightest of all of the suits). http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2013/01/black-red-downtown-la-wedding-megan-chris/ and she put a link to Epaulet under "supporting cast" at the bottom of the page, so hopefully some other brides-to-be will see it and send their guys to Epaulet. Ties were all from SF affiliate Kent Wang (and were all slightly different check patterns, but unfortunately no detail shots in this batch).
YOU GUYS LOOK FANTASTIC! The pictures are a knockout! Congrats again, and you were KILLING that DB suit at your wedding. I'm so glad that you gave us the chance to make it for you.
Just wondering - any thought to carrying some Walts in a light tan wool? Something like the HY ones here? I love the fabric but the Walts fit me a lot better.
Yes actually, we're going to expand the Super 120's wool collection for the Spring. There's definitely a color in the tan-taupe range.
Just ordered a pair of Walts, have igh hopes for thes trousers. :)
Thank you sir!
EpauletxCarmina Navy Calf Boot (these are so awesome) and Natty Chromexcel Belt
\
Great look - this is killer. Perfect way to match a proper sportcoat with denim.
Is epaulet x Vass possible at all?
Haha, we're getting close to that. Epaulet x Ludwig Reiter drops this Spring. They're from Vienna, and that's not far. Give me some time on that :)
Hey mike, any new spring outerwear planned?
We're going to restock the Eisenhower in suede and the Mulberry in leather. We put together a really cool buy with LBM 1911 for the season, which should come in soon. And the balance of the jackets will all be from our Southwick collection - we'll do a bunch of spring sportcoats with them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a quick fit shot. Time Out NY magazine did a little photo session with me and Adele last week. I think that it comes out next month - I'll post the actual photos that they run. Here's a little behind the scenes shot:

Veneto Jacket
Epaulet Navy Label purple gingham shirt

PCyclone

Reaction score

Yes actually, we're going to expand the Super 120's wool collection for the Spring. There's definitely a color in the tan-taupe range.

Cool - I'd love to pick up a tan flannel or something heavier next fall...

lostintranslation

Reaction score
Hey Rob, I know that this has probably already been asked to death, but what jeans are you wearing in your recent fits? :)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^NYI: how much of your Ercoles jackets' fit is the house style and how much is your doing? These are some really sharp, well done pieces.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^NYI: how much of your Ercoles jackets' fit is the house style and how much is your doing? These are some really sharp, well done pieces.

Thanks FC, I'd say its a little of both. F tends to lean towards a more solid shoulder, but he really builds around the customer. Since my shoulders are so broad and solid he uses little to no padding. Check out the Ercoles thread in MC, lots of examples of his work there...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads