• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I guess the royal blue twill walt's are not to be mine.
sigh.
/charliebrown

Well we've actually got more of that cloth, so we can definitely make a Rudy for you in the next run. It's no problemo.

I've been low on funds lately and haven't been able to make a purchase in a while, and I just checked the site and realized my size in the sand Bedford cords is sold out. Are these going to be restocked at any point or did I miss my chance?

Definitely, we'll look to keep the sand Bedford cords more or less in stock until early June. Probably the other colors too, although I have less available cloth on them. That fabric is doing fantastic. Check back in a few weeks and we should have it.

Mike, any updated timeline on the most recent round of FF? I'm not even sure what the timeline was pre-Sandy, to be honest.

I'll have to check on that this week. The hurricane knocked our trouser production right out the box. Even though the factory is reopened, it's tough for workers to get there, so they're not quite a full capacity. I'm still projecting sometime in the next few weeks though.

I just ordered the Veneto. I really went back and forth on it because it is kind of a fashion forward piece, but I figured I'd take the plunge. Will post fit pics when I receive it .

Thank you sir, can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Just received a package. Two things:
1) Got an olive brushed chino instead of taupe
2) I like it so much I'm keeping it 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Also, the bright buffalo check has funny little white bits sticking out all over it, is it expected? The shirt is awesome too.

Awesome, that's great! PM me with your name and order number, we'll hook you up with a discount for keeping the incorrect color. It's very gracious of you, but that's still our fault and shouldn't have happened. Olive is a great color though!

And yes, the bright buffalo has those little white nubs because it's a slubby cotton. It's part of the fabric's character.

WRT wool trousers (and airforce is wool, amirite) - is it feasible to tailor them right away? Since they're not machine-washable, and would probably not shrink anyway. Sorry for the noob question, I tend to shy away from wool :satisfied:

Yes, you can tailor them right away. Airforce is wool, so you'll need to dry clean it when it's ready. It won't shrink at all.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to make a return on some pants but I'm not getting any responds via email, so I thought I'd drop by the thread. It's a size 32 Walt in a grey 120s wool...

stlms3

Reaction score
I love the "funny little white things" all over the buffalo check. It looks like snow and is my favorite aspect of the shirt.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike-
Are you still expecting to have the Blackwatch trousers up tomm evening?
Really excited for these!

mikeharo

Reaction score
Red, blue, and cream flannel came today. Despite the natural disaster, it was here within a week of order and Mike even wrote a thank-you message on the receipt. Thank-you for the great service....and the shirt aint bad either (its awesome, I am very happy).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sold out of 8.5 UK in the jumper boot already!  I was planning on coming into the store to try them on but the hurricane prevented that.  Are you going to do a restock? 

Ah, sorry about that, we've had a few sizes sell through on that. I'm planning a restock at some point, but it won't be this year.

But if you're in the market for coganc shell, we're going to do a limited 8 unit reorder of the Coganc Shell Balmoral boot that we ran in our Epaulet x Carmina thread. Same leather, same last, delivery will be around late-Jan, early Feb. Feel free to pop into our Manhattan store to get sized if you're interested in it. That one came out really great!

Trying to make a return on some pants but I'm not getting any responds via email, so I thought I'd drop by the thread. It's a size 32 Walt in a grey 120s wool...

Ah, my apologies, just PM'd you.

Just ordered the 38; I will report back on how it works out.

Thank you sir!

Hey Mike-
Are you still expecting to have the Blackwatch trousers up tomm evening?
Really excited for these!

Absolutely, I should have those and the Navy Steep twills online tomorrow.

Are the cognac bal boots going out this week?

Most of them have already shipped, but we're still backed up with International orders. Since I have an account with USPS, I need to have a carrier pick them up. Our BK store can't ship Internationally because the post office is in Red Hook and it's flooded. Our Manhattan store can, but their post office just got its power back on Saturday. We should be able to send your boots out tomorrow. Thanks for bearing with me!

Red, blue, and cream flannel came today. Despite the natural disaster, it was here within a week of order and Mike even wrote a thank-you message on the receipt. Thank-you for the great service....and the shirt aint bad either (its awesome, I am very happy).

Thank you sir and enjoy it! We're doing our best to ship everything out in a timely fashion. I imagine that all of our pickups and post offices will be back to form by the end of the week.

Is that the new Ercoles coat you had made? Dayum.

Dayum is right. That looks great!

Looking good, Rob.
Still hot today, hit the low 90s Fahrenheit.
Liberty of London shirt:
tumblr_md1ofbqeBN1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md1ofbqeBN1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg[/img[/SPOILER]][/QUOTE]

Oh my god. Today was, I'd say, the first straight-up cold NYC day of the season. I was wearing a much too light jacket while walking around and then received a message from Adele with an attached picture of her and her two friends at Manhattan beach, wearing swimsuits. She's been in LA for the past three days.

The weather that you guys have there is just ridiculous. Enjoy it!

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Mike, I wish it would cool down already. The pin dot flannel shirt, the cocoa trousers, the grape trousers, the purple trousers, the factory finds....none of them have been worn yet because of it!

bestak

Reaction score
Here in Paris it's 10°C.
I try with my iphone to catch the sand Bedford cords color but the result is not very fine: the real color has a touch of green within.

Here it look like very too grey

here with a little color correction it is more like the real color

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads