• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Enzo Custom - Truly Custom Menswear - Affiliate Vendor Thread

Enzo Custom

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey StyleForum,

We're so excited to join the forum and introduce ourselves here at Enzo Custom!

We started as a wholesale fabric distributor in 2009, providing the best fabrics from all over the world to smaller custom clothing outlets. In 2011, we opened our first direct-to-consumer showroom, providing the best value and most customization to our clients in every garment we produce. Relying on word of mouth and doing little-to-no marketing, we've expanded to showrooms in New York City in Midtown and Wall Street, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Chicago, Beverly Hills and now Charlotte, NC.

We pride ourselves on offering a truly custom garment to every one of our clients - taking over 31 measurements and assessing posture, stance, and profile - with exceptional construction and thousands of fabric choices, all at the best value. We deliver an exceptional client experience - with expert clothiers who truly listen, showroom staff that strive to provide a comfortable atmosphere, and a back office team that orchestrates a quick and clear delivery process.

While up until now, we've relied on the power of our product and experience to speak for itself - we're excited to join the forum to provide some extended awareness of our services as we expand to new cities and to be able to answer any questions directly about our product and experience.

Thank you so much for watching/participating and to StyleForum for having us! Visit us at www.enzocustom.com to learn more!

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SF. Brace yourselves for questions such as whether this is MTM manufactured in China and whether the jackets are full or half canvassed.

Enzo Custom

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to SF. Brace yourselves for questions such as whether this is MTM manufactured in China and whether the jackets are full or half canvassed.

Ha! Thank you! We're used to and very much welcome the questions!

To face it head on:

1. This is fully custom - between MTM and Bespoke - in which we build the pattern from scratch utilizing hundreds of possible adjustments from shoulder slope to button stance to armhole. In order to get more customization, one must seek out fully bespoke - in which the same tailor creates first a paper pattern, then puts multiple rounds of half constructed jackets on you during the fittings - a multi-month process that is rare if it is indeed bespoke.

2. We do produce in China - we produce in Shanghai in one of the most respected production facilities that exist in today's manufacturing processes. This is the finest large scale production of custom clothing that is available. It is helpful to know that while there are few countries in which production is possible - there are many different production lines available, within the same manufacturer or even facility. We have bought into the manufacturing, which allows us to demand the highest in quality control and we stand fully behind the construction of every garment we sell.

3. We leave the canvassing up to each client for each individual garment. We offer a base level of half canvas through the chest piece as in our opinion this is the basic need for all jackets and we offer semi-full (through the collar and lapel) or full (through the entire front of the jacket) as upgrades. These costs remain consistent whether you buy a $350 jacket or a $4000 jacket. So instead of having to build the cost into our costs for everyone - we can recommend different levels of canvassing depending on an individual client's needs for that specific garment.

I hope this provides some good context. Custom menswear has experienced so many changes in the last two decades - the details can get complicated and difficult to understand. Let us know if we can help clear things up!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Enzo Custom what do you see that sets you apart from the other similar MTM/custom operations out there (SuitSupply, Kent Wang, Hall Madden, Spier and Mackay, ect.)?

Do you have a list of what customization options are available for jackets/pants/shirts (i.e. collar shapes, widths, shoulder expressions, pockets, etc.)? Also, what fabric books do you have available to select from? is there a pricing break down for all the options/upgrades available on your site?

Enzo Custom

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Enzo Custom what do you see that sets you apart from the other similar MTM/custom operations out there (SuitSupply, Kent Wang, Hall Madden, Spier and Mackay, ect.)?

Do you have a list of what customization options are available for jackets/pants/shirts (i.e. collar shapes, widths, shoulder expressions, pockets, etc.)? Also, what fabric books do you have available to select from? is there a pricing break down for all the options/upgrades available on your site?

Thanks for the interest.

What sets us apart from other operations is the unique total value proposition. Because we have great relationships with the mills from purchasing vast amounts of fabric as a distributor, we are able to get the best possible prices on the most current selection from Loro Piana and Ermenegildo Zegna. We don't skimp on the construction details that count - our shoulder construction and buttonhole stitching, pocket detailing and interior lining/piping sewing are all held to a high standard. And, as mentioned previously, we are creating a pattern from scratch which means dictating a final fabric measurement instead of a body measurement, maximizing control over the final garment.

We do not have a list of what customization options are available, as it would be very long and what the production facility is capable of and willing to provide varies greatly over time. We highly recommend telling us what you're after so we can confirm if a particular style combination is possible and advisable.

We offer fabrics from our own label Enzo Sartori, along with some of the most famous mills in the world - Loro Piana, Ermenegildo Zegna, Vitale Barberis, Holland & Sherry, etc. We always buy them cut-to-length directly from the mills - no third party purchasing of seasons-old bolts.

At this writing, our suits start at $495 and our shirts at $95 - the pricing changes with the fabric chosen where things like popularity of color and design, along with fabric composition like Super number and fabric blend count. We charge for two main upgrades - canvassing ($75 per jacket for semi-full and $195 per jacket for full) and handmade buttonholes ($30 for just the lapel buttonhole, $125 for all buttonholes.) Other than that, there are certain linings which are available in our showrooms at an upgrade of $20, $95, and $195; and in more rare cases, if you'd like a completely handmade suit this is possible at a $990 upgrade (again - at the time of this writing.)

We require all clients to come into our showroom to be fitted by one of our expert clothiers on their first visit - this is a great time to get a comprehensive introduction to our product, pricing, and options. You can schedule a 30-min consultation as well, if you'd like to just come in to learn about the process without being fitted.

Hope this helps give you a deeper dive into the world of Enzo Custom! Let me know if I can be more assistance!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, and welcome. I had a frank discussion with Enzo Custom when we discussed their coming on board as an affilaite vendor. We will actually have a few testers trying out @Enzo Custom tryon at various locations. They will be comped the suits, but they are otherwise not compensated and will be asked to report on their experiences here. Only one of them is a staff member, but @admin, while not necessarily a guy who wears suits regularly, is also 240 lbs and 6'5", so we thought that it would be a good test on an unusually shaped client.

Cheers,

Fok.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'5" and 240 is not an unusual shape, that's a dumb comment. That guy will fit at 44L or maybe a 46L off the rack.

I am attending a wedding this weekend and the groom got his tux from Enzo. I am looking forward to seeing the product in the wild.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
I have commissioned quite a number of items from Enzo actually (2 suits, and 6 blazers/sportcoats), and would be more than happy to share my experience as well as some pics of said garments.

Enzo Custom

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have commissioned quite a number of items from Enzo actually (2 suits, and 6 blazers/sportcoats), and would be more than happy to share my experience as well as some pics of said garments.

That would be so great if you would share some real-world pictures! Thank you!

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Here is one of my newest sportcoats in a lightweight wool from Reda in Italy. Really nice warm weather fabric, and super comfortable.

REDA: SMART TWIST MERINO, Cool fabric in pure Merino wool with special "naturally" stretch feature.

pict190723_1822330000.jpeg
pict190723_1829180000.jpeg
pict190723_1830040000.jpeg
pict190723_1832260000.jpeg
pict190723_1835200000.jpeg
pict190723_1836330000.jpeg
DSC01559.jpg
DSC01556.jpg
DSC01558.jpg
DSC01555.jpg
DSC01560.jpg

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6'5" and 240 is not an unusual shape, that's a dumb comment. That guy will fit at 44L or maybe a 46L off the rack.

I am attending a wedding this weekend and the groom got his tux from Enzo. I am looking forward to seeing the product in the wild.
The average American male is 190 lbs and 5'9". 6'5" and 240 is definitely on the tail end of large. I wanted a really big guy, but unfortunately, the Mountain was not available.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
This is one I wanted for a while. I had it made earlier this year at the same time as the above, just in time for summer...

It's a Linen, Wool & Silk blend from Solbiati's "Time Off" collection.

I will try to get pics of some of the others in the next couple of days if I can. Hopefully these are helpful.

DSC01581.jpg
DSC01582.jpg
DSC01579.jpg
DSC01580.jpg
DSC01586.jpg
DSC01595.jpg
DSC01597.jpg
DSC01589.jpg
DSC01593.jpg

DSC_1968.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01585.jpg
    DSC01585.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC01584.jpg
    DSC01584.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 178

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can the button positioning be adjusted independently from overall body/suit measurements?

What are the lapel width options? A lot of MTM shops seem to only provide fixed width choices (Slim 3", Standard 3.5", Wide 4.25"). I prefer 3.75" lapels but that option is extremely difficult to find.

Enzo Custom

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can the button positioning be adjusted independently from overall body/suit measurements?

What are the lapel width options? A lot of MTM shops seem to only provide fixed width choices (Slim 3", Standard 3.5", Wide 4.25"). I prefer 3.75" lapels but that option is extremely difficult to find.

The button positioning can be adjusted independently from overall suit measurements such as coat length. We can actually specify exactly the lapel length we want to determine exact position of the button regardless of other measurements.

Lapel width options are based on the combination of lapel style and front style (1-button, 2-button, Double Breasted 6x2 or 4x2). For a 2-button suit with a notch lapel, we can do:

1.77in (4.5cm),
1.96in (5.0cm),
2.24in (5.7cm).
2.51in (6.4cm),
2.79in (7.1cm),
2.99in (7.6cm),
3.26in (8.3cm),
3.54in (9.0cm),
3.74in (9.5cm),
4.01in (10.2cm)

If you have a specific front style and lapel style you are considering, please let me know and I can provide the lapel width options available.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads