• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, did you purchase the EB trees, and do you use them?
Not for these. But my bourbon Balways have lasted trees. I’d actually recommend them in the long run as EB has a high instep vamp which means most trees won’t be flush.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not for these. But my bourbon Balways have lasted trees. I’d actually recommend them in the long run as EB has a high instep vamp which means most trees won’t be flush.
Yes I agree, I always purchase their trees with my boots. Based on how your boots looked, I was going to be very surprised if you had told me you used their trees.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Yes I agree, I always purchase their trees with my boots. Based on how your boots looked, I was going to be very surprised if you had told me you used their trees.
Yeah... cool.
I suppose @caffed has feet with a lower instep? Most EB's lasts are designed for high instep feet (many Italian shoemakers don't like V gaping between the laces). I have feet with a (very) high instep and was glad when I first discovered EB. I struggled with the lasts from many other makers, the instep being too tight in their oxfords.
There's quite some 'rolling' going on with these boots but I love it. It gives them character and I often find that quality shoes look just as interesting well worn as they look brand new.

MontyLo

Reaction score
My most recent mto pair via Skoaktiebolaget
AD99AA88-0E66-4DA5-89E8-2D4FF774FE05.jpeg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the fit of the 804 last like. Is it very narrow in the toe box? Carmina Rain last in UK 10 is too big for me. TLB Mallorca Picasso last in 9.5 F is a good fit.

dangerous

Reaction score
I'm also posting this here:

Anyone of you guys got any experience of instep in button boots? I'm thinking of a MTO on the 74945 last... I got a pair of hunter boots, but the instep is too high. My other boots - the 3937 and 391 got high insteps but it works.

I know button boots are notorious for importance of fit, so I want to see if anyone has experience of it before I start dreaming too much...

Do lasts differ in the instep?

Is it similar to the lace up boots where lacing closes and it rubs against eachother, or is it more like more room = better, to some extent?

bsarosi

Reaction score
What is the fit of the 804 last like. Is it very narrow in the toe box? Carmina Rain last in UK 10 is too big for me. TLB Mallorca Picasso last in 9.5 F is a good fit.

I find 804 to actually fit roomier compared to 062 or 946 so much so that I have to size down half from 062/946. I wear 8.5 in 062 and 946 and 8 in 804. Of the 3, the 8 in 804 fits the best across the vamp, instep, and toebox. For me, ordering the same size in 804 as 062/946 would have resulted in a fit that was too roomy. I don't have experience with TLB Mallorca but I wear 8.5 in Carmina Rain for comparison.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find 804 to actually fit roomier compared to 062 or 946 so much so that I have to size down half from 062/946. I wear 8.5 in 062 and 946 and 8 in 804. Of the 3, the 8 in 804 fits the best across the vamp, instep, and toebox. For me, ordering the same size in 804 as 062/946 would have resulted in a fit that was too roomy. I don't have experience with TLB Mallorca but I wear 8.5 in Carmina Rain for comparison.
Thank you! I am gonna order some Balmoral boots, and I am trying to decide whether 9.5 or 10 is better for me. I would add the boots are shell cordovan.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Thank you! I am gonna order some Balmoral boots, and I am trying to decide whether 9.5 or 10 is better for me. I would add the boots are shell cordovan.

I'd guess you're a 9.5 or maybe even a 9 wide in 804 last. It is an elongated last as my size 8 is about the same length as 062/946 in 8.5.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd guess you're a 9.5 or maybe even a 9 wide in 804 last. It is an elongated last as my size 8 is about the same length as 062/946 in 8.5.
Thanks, I will go with that! Also, what are your thought about the Cuban tapered heel?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else interested in getting together for a GMTO? color 8 Shell cordovan Balmoral boots. A new design.
Model.JPG

I already placed my order, but I am sure you could all still be added if you want to.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads